[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WHAT THE FUCK
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: Udklip333.png (120 KB, 545x204) Image search: [Google]
Udklip333.png
120 KB, 545x204
Why should I ever trust a critic ever again? Tell me.
>>
>>68814160
Because they were probably reviewing the short version?
>>
>>68814200
IT IS CRIMINAL STILL
>>
Critics are only human and that is why they're wrong most of the time.
>>
>>68814160
Because your opinion is shit. Don't worry doe, his is even worse >>68814200

>Orlando Bland as a lead actor
kek. Scott is fucking senile.
>>
>>68814200
same with watchmen. I haven't seen bvs, but i'm wondering about a director's cut there
>>
>>68814200
digits of truth
>>
>>68814289
>Scott is fucking senile.
This is a meme. You're posting a meme instead of thinking. No one should take you seriously.
>>
>People hate this based as fuck movie

Directors Cut is GOAT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFgkDYbAk0Q
>>
>>68814299
BvS is getting a director's cut that's 30 minutes. Just like Kingdom of Heaven and Watchmen, it will make for a huge improvement
>>
>>68814289
Have you even seen the movie? There is no reason to hate on Orlando's work here. Sure some people say he's great in it, but rarely have I seen a person retarded enough to claim he alone made it sub-par.
>>
>>68814356
fuck yes
>>
>>68814160
I will agree that with the directors cut it is much better, but I dislike how it portray's Crusaders as blood thirsty conquerors and Saladin as some humanitarian from the 21st century. The reality is Saladin put the majority of the Christians in Jerusalem into slavery.
>>
This is a movie for men. Women and nu-males will never be able to understand nor identify with the themes of this movie.
>>
i'm actually hoping that the BvS DC will be as good as the Kingdom of Heaven DC, but i have absolutely no faith in Snyder
>>
>>68814160
Because critics are infallible, all your opinions need to be based around that or you're a filthy contrarian and should be executed for your shitty taste
>>
>>68814160
What the fuuuuuuck.

>>68814562
That's the classic European opinion on Saladin, though. He was as knightly as his opponents (and as assholish too). Many Arabs don't like him historically, they prefer Beybars Mamlukid from later Egypt, who destroyed the last crusader states, murdering everybody he came upon. In comparison, Saladin is too "west-loving".
>>
>>68814751
Fuckin yuropoors
>>
>>68814160
Oh wait, I forgot. SJWs.
>>
>>68814797
Who did you think fought Saladin and made his character a part of the crusader "mythos", Australians?
>>
>>68814160

I haven't seen the director's cut but the theatrical is mediocre as hell, even pretty shitty. There is no way that an additional 40 minutes can save the movie. You guys are just plebs.
>>
>>68814333

> Prometheus

Scott is confirmed senile
>>
>>68814900
This kills the /tv/
>>
>>68814900
>There is no way that an additional 40 minutes can save the movie

It actually does, it adds context to other subplots and adds characters.
>>
>>68814160
Literally just got done watching this
P good desu
>>
File: worth.jpg (46 KB, 768x328) Image search: [Google]
worth.jpg
46 KB, 768x328
>>68814900
>>
>>68814751
I'm saying in the movie they imply he just let all the Christians live free, when in reality he held a ransom and those who couldn't pay were forced into slavery. There are multiple historical accounts of this. This isn't any worse then what Christians of the time did either, but they imply that he did no wrong.
>>
>>68814900
marvel's Avengers™ is a cinematic masterpiece, just check tomatometer if you dont believe me. Any other movie is kinoshit not worth watching
>>
>>68814160
The theatrical version is genuinely bad
>>
>>68815103
>He bothered watching the theatrical one and did not skip it for the DC

What a fucking shit for brains desu
>>
>>68815095

I have no idea what this post could mean.

Ridley Scott is for plebs mate. It's alright. I know you like your big "yay adventures, big battles, movies are so fun!" movies, some of us actually treat movies seriously though.

You'll grow up one day.
>>
>>68815078
Yeah, the fond remembrance of Saladin and conquering Muslims is bullshit. By no means were the Christians purely "good guys", but Muslims were killing and converting everything in their path.

Other than that, I think the director's cut of the movie is remarkable. The battle is one of the best ever filmed (especially the trebuchets pelting the city part), and the actors are all great. Shame about the theatrical version; I didn't even know the guy he kills at the beginning is his brother. What a hatchet job.
>>
>>68815163
>he didn't catch the battles in a theater with good sound

Way to miss one of the best theater experiences.
>>
>>68814160

Just because you like it doesn't mean that everybody does.

The movie is generic as fuck and shit in many other things.

>dat shit generic final sword fight since they had no idea how to conclude the conflict with Guy
>>
File: tumblr_nj6gebzaNm1s985xho1_400.png (57 KB, 398x409) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nj6gebzaNm1s985xho1_400.png
57 KB, 398x409
>>68815702
>The movie is generic as fuck
>that's why is rotten in my memepage
>meanwhile spiderman vs ironman or whatever capeturd is 98% fresh right now
>>
>>68815928

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean that everybody does.

Are you retarded, Reddit?
>>
Kingdom of Heaven is largely flawed. It gets a lot right, but it also fails. Still a decent flick.
>>
>>68814402
he almost single handedly brings down the movie. this is one of those cases where he actually does that.
just look at the supporting casts performances, they are better than THE LEAD
>>
>>68814200
This.
>>
>>68814160
Films liberals will never understand always get low ratings
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.