[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>“There was a craving for a gender balance in the writers’
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6
File: rick and morty.jpg (207 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
rick and morty.jpg
207 KB, 1920x1080
>“There was a craving for a gender balance in the writers’ room that we had never had, but I’m also very proud of the fact that we didn’t compromise ourselves following that craving. We just looked harder and I don’t know if it was coincidence or because the show was popping up on the radar of a lot of great female writers noticing, ‘Well, they don’t have any women writers in there. I’m gonna submit something.’ It was probably a combination of all those factors.”

this show is gonna go to shit isnt it like every other comedy that hires a bunch of female writers
>>
>>68812090
Too bad it already did. Half of season 2 was moderately amusing and the other half was cringeworthy shit.
>>
>>68812090
I fucking hate Dan Harmon. Rick and Morty would be so much better if it was just Roiland in control.
>>
>>68812090
what have i become
my swedish friend
every show i watch
get ruined by women
>>
>>68812153
I think all of season 2 was great. What's wrong with the second half?
>>
>>68812090
I noticed that after episode 7 S1.

Good first 6 episodes then suddenly family guy jokes and lol so random crap.
>>
>>68813221
Nothing was wrong with season 2. That anon is just an unhappy faggot
>>
someone post that picture of the Dexter writing staff where it was 8 women and 1 guy in season 6
>>
I can't help but feel that it will ruin the quality of the show, Harmon is so terrified of appearing to be misogynistic he even calls himself out for "mansplaining"
>>
>>68812153
Is this something to do with /pol/JWism? I didn't notice any drop in quality in s2 at all.
>>
>>68813439
Eeh, the interdimensional cable episode was pretty weak in season 2. The B story about Jerry's penis was better than the weird shows were.
>>
>>68812090
>‘Well, they don’t have any women writers in there. I’m gonna submit something.’
we live in a world where you can get hired just because they don't have anyone who looks like you currently hired. Unless you're a white male of course, then diversity quotas won't help you because none exist for you.

DIVERSITY IS STRENGTH!
then why does it constantly sound like weakness and lowered standards
>>
>>68813672
They where great you just wanted more of jerry's marriage failing ding-dong.
Thanks biologists turned squid was gold
>>
>>68813959
I laughed so hard at that bullshit

>And now I help people, I save people
>>
>>68813865
>then why does it constantly sound like weakness and lowered standards
Because you don't hear that many stories from the other systems. Because they are suppressive shit.
>>
Can't stand this show because the Doctor has a fucking unibrow and spiky anime hair. What the hell were they thinking with his character design?
>>
>>68813327
The Purge episode was bretty good imo
>>
>>68813865
Are you retarded? That Jurassic world cuck got where he is because Brad bird said "he reminded me of myself", do you really think he would have have said if that cuck wasn't a white man? Stop whining
>>
>>68813672
>Eeh, the interdimensional cable episode was pretty weak in season 2.
I agree with you, however I still think the Plumbus bit was better than anything in the first interdimensional cable episode.
>>
>>68814739
>spiky anime hair
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-05-17-47-48.png (204 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-05-17-47-48.png
204 KB, 1080x1920
When will it happen?
>>
>>68815221
His doesn't look floofy like that. It's straight up spiked like he's fucking Vegeta or something.
>>
>>68814903
>Plumbus
>how did she get there
>Man vs. Car
Interdimensional Cable 2 wasn't that bad.
>>
>>68815909
Now this nigga is shitting on Vegeta. Whats next, you're gonna say Freddie Mercury wasn't the manliest man ever to exist?
>>
So this is going to turn to shit then?
They gave it enough emotional impact when Rick teamed up with Summer, juiced, and beat the crap out of bad men
>>
>>68815635
>The episode is 24 minutes of Morty licking Ricks balls
>>
File: Miia Really 2.png (53 KB, 298x243) Image search: [Google]
Miia Really 2.png
53 KB, 298x243
>>68812090

>"but I’m also very proud of the fact that we didn’t compromise ourselves following that craving"
>proceeds to explain how they did, in fact, completely compromise

Why do Leftists do this?
Why do they have to follow illogical hiring practices, and then do mental-gymnastics to justify it?

Just fucking hire the best writers that apply/that you can get.
It's that fucking simple. Stop making it about race and gender and whatever the hell other identity-politics you're apparently obsessed with.
>>
>>68812090
They had an episode which they fucked with how awful would a female ruled world would be.
It wouldn't go shit because of female writers
>>
>>68816011
>wouldn't the car always win
it was okay, but not nearly as good as the first.
>>
>>68813154
kek
>>
>>68813672
That they did the interdimensional cable joke twice is literally the only reason people have to offer what supposedly sucked about season 2. It's 1 other episode and the joke itself wasn't even too bad.
>>
>>68817847
>>68813672
>>68816011

>cable episodes
Kinda Treehouse of Horror?
>>
>>68812683

It would literally be ball licking if he was in charge.
>>
>>68818379
Not really. Getting snippets of interdimensional cable shows/commercials over the course of twenty minutes is a little different than the three mini stories a tree house of horror usually is.
>>
>>68817847
The problem is that was the most memorable bit from season 2.
>>
>>68814802
are you talking about chris pratt?
>>
>>68818601
the alien parasite episode was fucking great.
>>
>>68813541
Yeah, his podcast gets cringeworthy whenever he has female guests or fans come on. He tries so hard to come off like he isn't a misogynist. Especially when they start talking about his failed marriage.

He did get put in his place by Aisha Tyler though, which was funny. She basically told him to stop being such a SJW and just accept that sometimes women like to be treated like shit.
>>
>>68819045

I like the podcast, but it is such a fucking echo chamber sometimes. Harmon spouts his opinions, and no one dare question it.
>>
>>68818420
I actually think Harmon is way more talented than Roiland. Have you seen that clip where Roiland improvs a scene onstage? He just keeps saying the word 'cum' as if it's funny, he has the sense of humour of a thirteen-year-old.
>>
File: e73.jpg (43 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
e73.jpg
43 KB, 450x450
>>68819045
>that episode where he had a guest that talked about how we should vote for hillary clinton because she's a woman and she'd randomly bring up "GMOs=evil"
>>
>>68819177

You have no idea just how insane roiland is. This is a early cartoon he made. Really nsfw just a heads up.

https://youtu.be/vpejckQgpeg
>>
>just got into Rick and Morty
>thought it was cringey reddit shit at first because I'd never seen it
>it's unironically good
>on episode 6 or so
>see this shit
welp, dropped
>>
>>68819545
keep going you idiot. Season 2 is great.
>>
>>68812683
>lmao fuck rich white men
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.