[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does the majority /tv/ dislike Quentin Tarantino?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (492 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
492 KB, 2048x1365
Why does the majority /tv/ dislike Quentin Tarantino?
>>
feet
>>
His annoying voice. His mannerisms. His attempts at being street even though he's a WASP from East Tennessee.
>>
All his recent movies are formulaic garbage.
>>
Foremost because he's popular. Secondly because a few of his movies are antithetical to the neo-nazi shilling that occurs in every thread on this board.
>>
>>68809839
>neo-nazi shilling that occurs in every thread on this board.

Oy vey annudah shoah on MY 4chan safespace!
>>
>>68809717
Makes /tv/ remember their highschool years
>>
>>68809777

He's Italian-American.
>>
we love him over on /film/ :--)
>>
He's a cuck.
>>
File: 1403397184290.jpg (42 KB, 479x720) Image search: [Google]
1403397184290.jpg
42 KB, 479x720
>>68809912
>>
File: Clipboard01.jpg (234 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard01.jpg
234 KB, 1360x768
>>68810077
SOON
>>
>>68809717
UNO
>>
>>68809717
The guy is a literal cuckson. Someone post the video where he says his mother "was dating a lot of black guys at the time." It's all related to the racial element in his films, his foot fetish, and his sad attempts to seem black.
>>
>>68809717
washout
>>
Reminds fa/tv/irgins too much of themselves
>>
has only made one good film, "Pulp Fiction", the rest is garbage.
>>
>>68811415
incorrect.
>patricians choice
jackie brown
hateful eight
death proof
>still good
pulp fiction
reservoir dogs
basterds
>complete shit
django
kill bill
>>
Because /tv/ is full of pseudo-intellectuals that think just because they can call stuff they don't like "shit" they're patrician
>>
Kike pandering turncoat and a sell-out
>>
Because whenever you ask a pleb who there favorite film director is, a great majority will say Tarantino.

Everything after Kill Bill has been going downhill IMO. They aren't bad films, but he's too polished, too formulaic, and too predictable.
>>
>>68809839
>implying it's actually nazism and not le 4chanman meme'ing

Dumbass.
>>
>>68809717
Misunderstood Hack or Talentless Genius?
>>
>>68810061
Wonder bread wop.
>>
File: george-takei-tos.jpg (34 KB, 640x350) Image search: [Google]
george-takei-tos.jpg
34 KB, 640x350
>>68811614
>Death Proof
>patrician
Jesus Christ, your taste is so shit you must guzzle raw sewage.
>>
>>68812831
>too formulaic, and too predictable
>>
File: 1450200236865.png (453 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1450200236865.png
453 KB, 900x900
whats going on here
>>
>>68812994

Need some help?

formulaic - constituting or containing a verbal formula or set form of words.

predictable - able to be predicted.
>>
>>68811614
Switch death proof with basterds and it's a good list.
>>
>>68809717
Because he's a cuck who makes mediocre films that people praise for some ungodly reason.
>>
>>68813088
Two buzzwords, nice.
>>
>>68813077
Neither of those are true for Tarantino's movies tho.
>>
>>68813113
you cant deny hes a cuck though
>>
>>68809717
because his only good film was pulp fiction but for some reason he sticks around like he's actually worthy. And now he's one of the biggest cultural industry hydra heads along with nolan, bay, and pretty much everyone /tv/ talks about daily
>>
QT is pure kino
>>
Some of his early movies are okay, but all his memorable scenes are stolen from other movies.
>>
>>68813376
Trying to fit in this place, huh? Heh... that's nice kiddo.
>>
>>68814248
>Implying he didn't have a one-sided obsession with Uma Thurman during the filming of Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill.
>>
>>68812897
>implying there's a difference
>justpretendingtoberetarded.jpeg
man sure is srs in here.
>>
>>68812831
This. Kill Bill is the last movie he made I've wanted to watch more than once.
>>
He died with Kill Bill 2. A walking parody.
>>
He's pretty great as a director, even if >>68809818 is true.

As a person though he's an absolutely unabashed cunt and I'd punch him in the face if he ever spoke to me.
>>
>>68809717
They're just projecting, Because he acts like the equivalent of a pretentious /tv/ user.
>lol I'm a film encyclopedia
>muh script writing is kino and wins an oscar everytime
But hes made some great movies
>>
>>68813302
Like you went in for the Hateful 8 and didn't expect that all the characters were going to die? Wow.
>>
>>68809717
I have to laugh every time I see somebody criticizing a great filmmaker who caters to us normal people who actually leave our house to interact with other normal people. Fuck these autist cunts in their fedora-wearing asses. It's like some unwritten rule in their pathetic notebook that they have to be miserable at everything, that the world is "shit" and everything they hear or see is "shit" and the agenda of everyone is "shit".

We get it. We watched that South Park episode, too. You have Asperger's Syndrome. Now drink some whisky, lighten the fuck up and seek help for it. You're not the only one in that boat, bucko.

WE rule this board, now. WE decide who's cool and who's not. You rock spiders clinging to the 4chan of the past? The ones that yearn for Bela Tarr marathons while you lick Dorito crumbs off of your fingers and weep for "being born in the wrong generation"? You're archaic. You're ancient fucking history. You've been left behind.

Come out of your basement, you cave-dwellers. Come and celebrate the new millennium by watching some Tarantino films with the rest of us. It's the present year and we have cake. Even though it's a lie.
>>
He hasn't grown as a film maker at all, in fact he's regressed massively by sticking to a silly revenge plot formula set in different eras. He has no idea on how to edit his movies down to a reasonable length so we end up with 3 hour snoozefests that go on for at least 30 minutes too long. He also tries too hard to project his film knowledge with "homages."

Also he said he hates John Ford because he was an extra in Birth of a Nation where he played a clansman. Fuck Tarantino.
>>
Deathproof is his best work, but he doesn't even know what made it so good. Also, for his 3 most recent movies he really phoned it in.

I don't think /tv/ dislikes him, but are more disappointed with him. He used to be le counterculture and then he got complacent and signed up with the man and /tv/ doesn't respect that.

>>68815956
Up and down the street!
>>
>>68816604
>Also he said he hates John Ford because he was an extra in Birth of a Nation where he played a clansman.
I think even the biggest Tarantino defenders found this ridiculous, especially since Ford clearly wasn't a racist later in life with The Searchers and Sergeant Rutledge
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.