[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Short Film Critique
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: Snapshot - 7.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Snapshot - 7.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Hello, everybody. I would appreciate any feedback you could give me on a short film I just made. I shot it with a Nikon D3200, and recorded all audio with an SGC-598, and I used no lighting equipment. With that in mind, don't be afraid to really lay it on me. This is 4chan, so I expect honesty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A9D_z39kEA
>>
I won't even watch this, because you shot it with a Nikon D3200
>>
>>68807322
As if you never had a startup camera
>>
>>68807278
I laffed. I don't know if you were intentionally trying to make everything as terrible as possible but I got a genuine sense that you didn't give a fuck and between that and the main actor, it managed not to be complete ass. I get the feeling you would do better with better equipment and a bit more working experience.
>>
>>68807278

>You're probably wondering how I got here meme

M A D M A N
A
D
M
A
N
>>
>>68807278
Do yourself a favor and ask on another website, this is literally a meme aggregation website for children and none of your replies are going to be serious or helpful
>>
>>68807824
>You're probably wondering how I got here
>Freeze frame
>Baba O'Riley starts playing
>Well let's start at the beginning...
>>
>>68807278
It's like you made the most of the short with some degree of competence but decided to go full retard at the end.
>>
>8 minutes

Do you really expect us to marathon this
>>
>>68807278
Too much music for me. You rely way too much on it to convey drama. Your actor was not bad, should have trusted the performance.
It's literally "every scene needs music" meme
>>
>>68807278
Pretty rough around the edges but thanks for posting, OP. The vast majority of people on this board don't produce any sort of content and just shit on everything. Keep at it.
>>
>>68807278
I kek'd, like has been said you used quite a few cliches and decided to go full retard at the end but for the most part it was servicable.

Like normally I'd be shitting on you for using the "You're probably wondering how I got here" meme and the voiceover as a whole (also there was a long stretch of time where your lead actor just kept his eyes closed while talking) but I've been finishing up a short of my own so I know your pain.

https://youtu.be/K-XIm_r6EQs

This isn't the one, but I had this rough cut down for a while. I like the look of it but the sound is ass, I'll be the first to admit it.
>>
You can make a steadicam for 30 dollars.
>>
>>68807278
Okay, so obviously on every technical level this is pretty bad. Shaky cam, breaking the 180 rule, a lot of stuff that simply doesnt work in any conventional sense. Sound mixing wasn't terrible though. I hope a lot of these problems are intentional.

Obviously though, this is pretty funny and I give you a lot of credit for that.

I don't know if you have a desire to learn more but you should definitely learn more about composition, blocking, eye lines and making staging and spacial awareness easier for the audience to grasp.
>>
>>68807278
this is actually horrid

cringe worthy writing
>>
>>68807898
I dunno, the /fmg/s have produced some pretty helpful stuff.
>>
>>68807322
What's wrong with that?
>>
>>68810532
Speaking of which, this is dying, as usual: >>68809138

I remember /fmg/ being much more alive like a year ago.
>>
It was cringeworthy at first, but I like that it is self-aware and you are playing with cliche's. Your actor is cool, but the voice-over and the dancing scene was cringeeeee
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.