[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Independence Day
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: president whitmore.jpg (24 KB, 500x271) Image search: [Google]
president whitmore.jpg
24 KB, 500x271
Why is the idea of the American president taking part in a final battle as a fighter pilot so cool and enduring?

I feel like it should be cheesy, but instead it's awesome and I'm not even American.

Obligatory:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoLywiaM6PA
>>
Its like in fantasy, when your King fights amongst his men, they rally towards him. It's good for morale.
>>
It's inspirational as hell, it's such an idealized version of reality. It makes the cockles of my heart swell with pride
>>
>>68805432
I wonder what they'll have done to him in the sequel.
>>
>>68805432
friendly reminder that Independence day was supposed to be Stargate 2.
>>
>>68807110
was it?
>>
>>68805432
It means they have nothing left to lose.

It's all or nothing.
>>
Who's gonna be the president in the new movie?
>>
>>68805474
I would be worried about my leader dying and the ensuing loss of morale.
>>
>>68805474
>>68808843
also they specifically state that they don't have enough pilots, and that the president is a former pilot
>>
Has Will Smith commented on why he is willing to play a side character in Soosighswah but not star in the sequel to the film that put him one of the most sought after leads?
>>
>>68808894
Or becoming a martyr for the cause
>>
>>68808932
>tfw Aliens will never invade while Bush is president and he has to fight them in his jet

It's all Obama's fault desu
>>
>>68808892
Sandra Bullock
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.