[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fan Film
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 15
Check out this fan film Star Wars: The Mask of Leia
May the Force be with you.
https://youtu.be/fZJY0bJ02xU
>>
>>68798181
Is Grand Mothma suppose to be Leia?
>>
Yeah, she's Leia, we worked with what we had. The Han Solo is really spot on IMO.
>>
Considering we had a budget of 100.00 what do you think?
>>
looking for some feedback folks.
>>
props and sets were all handmade and hand painted , same with the ships
>>
>>
>>68798181
No, I don't like women anymore. I hate all of them...They're animals and they should be killed like animals.

I might as well go gay for dicks now.
>>
>>
>>68799113
>>68799141
How did you make them all giant sized?
>>
disney is really pushing for female leads we think that might give us a bit of an edge.
>>
its all green screened, you just film teh actors then superimpose them into the sets, its a lot of fun to see people in your miniature world
>>
>>68799167

>heavy brow
>defined jaw

You sure that's a woman?
>>
It's not 100% cringe-worthy.

Han Solo looking all over the room was pretty brutal. I mean yeah head swaying is fine and true to the character but he wasn't having an epileptic seizure the whole time.

Good editing.
>>
For the record she wasn't my first choice of Leia but she has some acting experience and the director went with her for whatever reason.
>>
>>68798181
skimmed through it without sound, it looks pretty flat. The rape scene was a bit too much. A lot of people walked away from my desk right after that.
>>
>>68799298
thanks for teh feedback, if we do well we are considering a series or something we have a longer better cut coming out soon, we had to trim a lot to make it fit the 5 min requirement
>>
>>68799333
Yeah kinda thought that scene turned out a bit rapey.... the intent was the guard shoving her to Jabba
>>
we had a lot more scenes filmed with the ships but again we had to cut them
>>
>>68798181
I'm interested in how you filmed the rape scene. Was anal implied, or was it vaginal rape?
>>
most fan films that are star wars related just end up being 5 min lightsaber battles we wanted to try to do something a little more dramatic
>>
we had a falcon done up too , just never go to use it
>>
>uploaded yesterday

Ok, I'll assume you're not some troll looking to poke fun at someones movie

I liked it. You say you had a budget of 100 bux? That's really impressive considering you had lots of extras, accurate storm trooper costumes, a chewbacca, and from the pics it looks like you're in an art studio of some kind, curious how much that cost.

Acting was ok, i could get behind the girl as leia, though when she had stomach pains it for real looked as though she was gonna diarrhea all over the place.

Guy who played han was pretty good. I thought he tried a little too hard to mimic harrison ford's cadence, it was almost like an snl skit of someone doing han solo, but it was still ok.

Overall pretty good.
>>
>>68798181
Is there a translation of what Jabba is saying while Leia and the guard are having sex? Is he asking her questions, or is he issuing instructions to the guard (speed up, slow down, go deeper etc)?
>>
>>68799552
Thanks we got a lot donated to use teh studio space a friend let me use but it had to be done when he closed for we filmed from 10pm to 6 am in the morning. We just uploaded it after we submitted it to the fan film contest. All of teh costumes were provided by local cosplayers or made for the movie. Han was teh star IMO but his line got so cut to make us hit the 5 min mark the timing and flow is a lot better in the long version as well, basicly we filmed a 15 min short and cut it to 5. I agree with the stomach pain scene too, I want to add a fart noise every time I see it , we did like 5 take why the editor chose that one is beyond me lol
>>
The wookiee
>>
We are from Nova Scotia, Canada the government here recently made a huge cut to the film industry so everyone was super eager to help us out for free.
>>
>>
>>68799644
Well like i said, it wasn't bad, i had fun watching it, but if you're going up against anything like that darth maul fan film, you're gonna get slaughtered m8. Good luck, don't stop creating.
>>
>>68798181
This is interesting. I always assumed from ROTJ that Jabba had been fucking Leia himself, but this implies he was more of a voyeur. Are you thinking that he preferred that sort of sexual encounter, or more that he wasn't physically capable of penetrating a human female, possibly because of their relative anatomy?
>>
>>68799764
nah, the maul film was a professionally done project, the fan film contest had a ton of rules, you can't use any music other than the pack they provide and you can only be 5 mins
>>
>>68798415
To be honest.... It's pretty cheesy and I've seen better quality of camera work performed by the mediocre teens in YouTube. The acting was... Well terrible and I think youd be better off on not using shitty effects.
>>
>>68799191
Are those CIA guards?
>>
>>68799407
Is that a shoe with a coke bottle in it?
>>
File: 1457222120004.jpg (22 KB, 500x669) Image search: [Google]
1457222120004.jpg
22 KB, 500x669
>>68799810
I see. I only saw the movie, i didn't know about anything behind the scenes.

I looked up this contest and it looks like we won't be seeing the other entries for a while, but I'm rooting for you m8. If only cuz you had the balls to shill your own movie on /tv/ and not be a cunt about it. Good luck.
>>
>>68799973
almost lol
>>
>>68800003
thanks lol
>>
>>68799886
this is the camera we used, a lot of the flash effects like teh doors and pipes were very last second we only had a week to put this together.
>>
Looks like it was made in someones apartment.

For the money a warehouse unit could have been rented for 6-12 months and given them space to build actual sets rather than relying on green screen.

Or hell, just build reasonably large greescreen sets. People using a HTC Vive have more physical freedom than that green screen.
>>
This looks like shit.
>>
>>68800135

With that much green screen all they can do is stand around like a bunch of fuckwits.
>>
>>68798181
Are there any outtakes or behind-the-scenes shots from the rape scene?
>>
File: 1457680607421.gif (494 KB, 387x305) Image search: [Google]
1457680607421.gif
494 KB, 387x305
>>68799198
Movie magic of course.
>>
>>68800135
we only ha s a week, couldn't build sets or rent a space if we wanted to. three days to film and 4 to edit
>>
>>68798181
My favourite part when when she had sex with the pigman. There should have been more of this. She could have had sex with lots of other aliens.
>>
>>68800244
we have some outtakes :P
>>
>>68798181
That looks like shit. Even for a fan film, the acting and special effects are laughably bad. The guy impersonating and poor imitation of Han was probably the worst. The script writing is atrocious, lines are written awkward, and I don't think you guys understand these character. Han wants to settle down? What? And then the scene where she's getting raped by a pig is just fucking hilariously bad, but even if it were shot well, what the fuck is a rape doing in Star Wars?

Get your shit together.
>>
>>68800252
Oh, let me guess, internet meet up, bunch of nerds who booked vacation at the same time to meet up at whoever had the biggest place to make that project they've been talking about for months?

I mean, thats cute, congrats on that. But it docent insulate you from criticism. If you want to do it again save up some dosh, get some more space, get a better camera off eBay and take some acting classes.
>>
>>68798796
Did you post it on the Star Wars Thread on /co/ ? You will definitely have some feedback there.
>>
>>68800713
/tg/ have regular starwars threads too
>>
>>68798181

Not bad! I've deff seen worse fan films, 7/10
>>
Shmi?
>>
File: AAaaaaayyyyy.jpg (34 KB, 517x339) Image search: [Google]
AAaaaaayyyyy.jpg
34 KB, 517x339
Holy fuck, no one wants a Leia PTSD rape back-story.
>>
File: puking dog.jpg (117 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
puking dog.jpg
117 KB, 720x960
>>68798181
>fan film
>>
>>68798796
>shilling your fan fiction

why is this allowed? mods?
>>
Ok, not bad for 100 bucks, the han actor was pretty good. The lei get her some better acting classes.

Get some better lighting it's way too flat, and don't show the feet in the green screens.

subbed, so you better make some more.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.