[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dawn of the Dead (1978)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Dawn-of-the-Dead-1978.jpg (363 KB, 1251x1864) Image search: [Google]
Dawn-of-the-Dead-1978.jpg
363 KB, 1251x1864
Discuss the greatest zombie film of all time.
>>
That's not The Serpent and the Rainbow.
>>
Day of the Dead is better in almost every way.
>>
ive only seen it once. I did not like the part with the motorcycle gang. nice trips.
>>
That's not Dollhouse: The Series.
>>
>>68797370

The atmosphere in Dawn is amazing.

The radio/TV chatter about the infection and how to stop it throughout the movie is awesome.
>>
To me, Dawn was the more substantive film, but with less of a budget. The zombies looked good but not great...Savini is a master, but they were on a shoestring budget. Plus, Savini himself in the film, doing stunts and shit...totally awesome.

Day seemed a bit more of a cash-in on the blood 'n guts Fangoria success of the time; the story was not as captivating but the effects were through the fuckin' roof. A total masterpiece for lower budget/high return SFX at the time...the story behind homie getting ripped in half/unrefrigerated guts is enough for a true thumb's up though...
>>
Night was best if you ask me. On rewatches Dawn is less and less impressive. Night still manages to be filled with tension. Not to say Dawn isn't great but I think it's the lesser film.

Day I have never loved. I've liked it more with subsequent rewatches but it still is missing something.
>>
>>68797111
>discuss the greatest zombie film of all time.
Return of the Living Dead then?
>>
>>68797111
Patrician taste OP
>>
>>68797111
That is the only correct answer
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.