[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we talk about this movie? Because I am literally about to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: fb_share[1].jpg (94 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
fb_share[1].jpg
94 KB, 1200x630
Can we talk about this movie? Because I am literally about to cry in this "wife speech" scene no fucking joke.
>>
>>68793828
Its pretty good
>>
I was surprised how much I teared up in the theater watching it. Guess having too many folks in my life get old and broken down really hit home. Anyway, not a bad way to reboot the franchise. Have they announced any sequels? It feels like they should have by now.
>>
The more I think about it. The more I watch, the more I love this movie. I think originally it was a little too modern. A little too beyond me, which never let me open up to it.

which is funny because I think that is a lot of the point of the movie.
>>
It was kino
>>
>>68793828
My wife's son really enjoyed it. I thought it was okayish.
>>
Favorite movie from last year, I teared up like a little bitch.
>>
>>68793828
Stallone should have gotten the Oscar. It might not have been the "best" performance of last year, but I think he surprised everyone with it and I doubt Stallone's ever going to get nominated again.
>>
>>68793828
shit flick with a fat lipped nigger as the lead.
>>
>>68793828
anyone know how this movie happened?

who was responsible for Rocky cinematic universe getting BLACKED?

I felt like Stallone just sold the movie rights to the highest bidder and they told him they would pay him more if he played a supporting role in the first reboot.
>>
>>68793828
Creed shills fuck off.
>>
>>68796223
The director came up with the idea. Him and his father supposedly bonded over the film while he was growing up. When his father was stricken with an illness he reminisced on the things they enjoyed together and thought what would Rocky do if put in the same situation or something to that effect. And pitched and pitched it to Sly and finally convinced him or so the story goes.

Considering Sly's old age and obviously Rocky's this was their best, most logical step forward honestly. Making him train Apollo's son brings it back around nicely and opens the door for a lot more. Stallone was great in it, so I don't really see your hang-up.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.