[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Movies people only pretend to like because they liked the directors
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: hateful-eight-poster-4.jpg (861 KB, 1280x1896) Image search: [Google]
hateful-eight-poster-4.jpg
861 KB, 1280x1896
Movies people only pretend to like because they liked the directors earlier works and cant just admit they've devolved into shit imitations of their former selves
>>
>>68789969
How many threads are you going to post of this today?
>>
>>68789986
with soo many threads posted about capeshit and star wars, are you really gonna complain about someone with something different to say posting shit?
>>
>>68790152
When it's about a movie I like, yes.
>>
>>68790152
Because the opinion that this is one of his weakest is oh so controversial and unique.
>>
>>68790211
it would be except that theres people out there who actually think this movie is one of his strongest in years?
>>
>>68790211
>one of his weakest
that would imply that it still had some merit when compared to his other movies, when comparing it to his other movies makes it look even worse, the thing is borderline self parody
>>
>>68790290
>Wolf on Wall Street
>Inherent Vice
>Hail, Caesar!
Hardly unique to Tarantino. Opinions are always all over the place.
>>
>>68790503
the difference being that those films while having mixed reviews were at least well made on a technical level
>>
>>68790706
What? Hateful Eight wasn't well made on a technical level? Every shot that isn't inside the stagecoach is marvelous.
>>
/tv/ is faggots
>>
I thought it was better than Django Unchained. At least Hateful Eight had a relatively consistent tone and it looked nice. It also shows he's recovered somewhat from the death of his longtime editor Sally Menke, since Django felt like it needed either a lot more added to it (I heard there's a four hour cut of it that QT has thought about releasing, which he probably won't considering his track record) or it needed some real trimming.
>>
>>68790896
I'll agree with this. Tarantino has been hitting the comedy aspect of his movies pretty hard lately and it's jarring with what is otherwise highly violent storytelling and attempts at realistic dialogue.
In shit like Pulp Fiction the comedy was understated and felt like it came through naturally because of the way the story unfolded. Looking at Django and Inglorious Basterds, a lot of the characters are that extra bit of over the top where it clashes with the rest of the movie

That said Hateful Eight was mediocre at best with the consistent tone not really saving it
>>
File: 7736093674_2e8414a35c_o.jpg (2 MB, 2376x3315) Image search: [Google]
7736093674_2e8414a35c_o.jpg
2 MB, 2376x3315
>>
>>68789969
It is lesser Tarantino but it's not bad
>>
>>68790351
then what is jacky brown?
a literal piece of aids filled cancerous dog shitstain on the floor at the mcfucking feces stained park?
>>
>>68791089
The biggest shame about Hateful Eight is so much about the movie was so great. The premise, cinematography, costuming, setting... Just the writing, directing and acting were all lacking.
>>
It actually would've been a fantastic swerve of the plot if Marquis actually does get killed by Channing Tatum, leaving Mannix the sole 'good guy'
>>
>>68790777
lets begin shall we?
> the complete misunderstanding of show don't tell where he pretty much pauses the movie near the end to flashback 6 hours earlier to be like "here stupid this is how this played out and how we got here okay now here's the ending"
> the shitty ass slow motion where he literally couldn't just shoot in slow motion because that would require a different medium other than "glorious" 70mm that made this film so authentic and instead just stretched the footage in post and left the audio glitching in tact
> the horrific shots where he absolutely needed the two actors to be in the same shot sooo he just stitched two separate shots together and used this obvious blur effect in an attempt to cover it up
> the whole idea of it being a whodunit mystery where you supposed to guess who's behind what being completely nullified by the fact that literally everyone who was in the cabin and domergue being the right answer
> oh yeah cant forget tarantino's oh so clever narration aka dvd commentary where he acts like domergue seeing that someone poisoned the coffee was some huge reveal and ''hehe that is why I named this chapter domergue's got a secret''

this is shit that would be inexcusable if the film was made by literally anyone else
>>
>>68789969

hateful eight is better than most of quentin tarantino's films

i think pulp fiction is overrated.

mulholland dr is fucking trash
apocalypse now is fucking trash
2001 space odyssey is definitely fucking trash (long periods of nothing happening, watching a rocket float in space with music in the background,)
>>
File: Hobbit.jpg (9 KB, 194x260) Image search: [Google]
Hobbit.jpg
9 KB, 194x260
>>
My main problem with the film is that once the big reveal happens, most of the characters go from relatively interesting figures to Bandit #1, #2 and #3.

It would've been even better if nobody in the cabin was in on anything. Daisy was just turning everyone against eachother.
>>
>>68791584
aka it would've been way better if tarantino wrote an interesting plot
>>
>>68791247
> acting
What the fuck? Usually I'm ok with opinions, but the acting was easily the best thing about it. NOBODY gave a meh performance (except Madsen I guess).
>>
>>68791327
>the horrific shots where he absolutely needed the two actors to be in the same shot sooo he just stitched two separate shots together and used this obvious blur effect in an attempt to cover it up
Uh anon, the split focus shot is a pretty classic film technique.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.