[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, are we supposed to kind of hate him now? He was a lovable
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: 29-ash-vs-evil-dead.w750.h560.2x.jpg (106 KB, 1443x1078) Image search: [Google]
29-ash-vs-evil-dead.w750.h560.2x.jpg
106 KB, 1443x1078
So, are we supposed to kind of hate him now?

He was a lovable old fuck through most of the show, but good lord, that ending..
>>
he was based though
>>
>>68786387
We're supposed to still love him. He really fucked up in the end of season 1 but his heart was in the right place when he fucked up.
>>
Great show horrible ending
>>
>>68786460

May not of felt good, but it makes for a way more interesting second season.
>>
>>68786516

have*

FUCK
>>
Can someone tell me the name of the show I'm a newfag and I love the old movies he made
>>
>>68786978
Ash vs Evil Dead

If you liked The Evil Dead movies you should check it out.
>>
>>68786387
I watched most of the episodes, but I can't remember the ending. What happened?
>>
>>68787220

He made a deal (gave the the Necronomicon?) with Xena which saved his friend but allowed the Deadites to rule earth.
>>
>>68787390
Hmm must of not watched the finale.
Doesnt seem so out of character for "wacky and zany ash" though.

>I'll just kill all these fuckers later and take back the earth with my friend at my side
>>
>>68787503

Well, he thought that the Deadites would kind of leave humanity alone when he made the deal. Then on the way out, they could all hear towns and cities being overthrown by the demons, and he just turned off the radio and just act like everything was fine.
>>
the ending to season 1 was perfect for the character of ash. he always takes the easy way out just to have it backfire, then he goes back to fix it. he is the perfect slacker..
>>
>>68786387

Terrible Reddit tier show. Army of darkness ruined the series.
>>
>>68787390
Yeah but he also got to go fishing in Jacksonville and got gas money to drive there. Sounds like a good deal to me.
>>
>Season 2 is going to have Lee Majors as Ash's dad
Fuck, I din't know if I can stand the wait.
>>
>>68787390
at least he made the world a more interesting death

maybe unleashing supernatural forces into the world introduces chaos, circumvents the 2nd law of thermodynamics and will prevent the heat death of the universe
>>
>>68786387

He was always a total selfish fuckup.
>>
File: Possessed_Ed.png (2 MB, 1920x1044) Image search: [Google]
Possessed_Ed.png
2 MB, 1920x1044
I HATED that romance between Ash and the cop... Like.. that was out of nowhere and so sudden and not even remotely believable even for the tone of the show.

I also hated what Lucy Lawless's character turned out to be and how she didnt even look the part in the end. Just normal ol' Lucy Lawless. No cool deadite-esque make up. Reminded me of some lazy shit that was cooked up from a later season of Supernatural.

And the deadite make up was cool, but not varied enough... Like all the deadites just had white contacts in with red around their eyes.
I wish they were more varied like in the old movies. It would have been nice to see atleast one deadite as fucked up looking as pic related. Or maybe a big boss one that transforms like Henrietta did.

Also Eligos was too easy to foil, both times. They built him up to be a big threat, but I feel like it shoulda been more difficult to get rid of him, rather than hitting him with a book, or Ash just guessing where he was going to pop up next and pulling the trigger.
Despite my criticisms, I loved everything else, and am super excited for the next season
>>
>>68790398
>I HATED that romance between Ash and the cop... Like.. that was out of nowhere and so sudden and not even remotely believable even for the tone of the show.

I am inclined to agree. From hating him and wanting to arrest him, to willing to kiss him in a bunker the very next episode felt.. off, but I dunno, I remember thinking that some sexy black chick with big tits would have been right up his alley and would've worked.

I liked the excess gore and humor though, they did everything pretty spot on.
>>
>>68788368
>it ain't me starts playing
>>
>>68786387
>You have a metal arm?
>That's awesome, dude!
>>
>Little kid is about to die in the restaurant
>Ash yells NO, and is clearly extremely upset over his death
>Kid dies horribly
>seconds later Ash seems to have forgotten about it and gives no shit, back to his smart ass self

I thought that kids death was gonna be like.. a character growing device. Like Ash was gonna think back to it and be more protective and remorseful n shit. Guess not.
>>
>>68793866
He seems to care in the moment only.

Also I really don't like this show. I'm a big fan of the movies, but this show seems like a cheap knock off.
>>
I enjoyed the show I guess
But it was a little more Army of Darkness and I wanted a little more Evil Dead 2, know what I mean?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.