[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Transmetropolitan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: transmetropolitan-collection10.jpg (402 KB, 792x1218) Image search: [Google]
transmetropolitan-collection10.jpg
402 KB, 792x1218
How long until Hollywood gets their hands on it for a movie adaptation, /tv/?
>>
>>68785362
JOHN MALKOVICH AS SPIDER JERUSALEM FUCKING WHEN
>>
>>68785362
They've been trying since forever but it never gets off the ground. Usually everybody involves just says it can't be done justice.

>>68786309
Patrick Stewart really wants to play him.
>>
>>68786309
Holy shit anon

I never knew I needed something like that in my life

JOHN MALKOVICH WOULD BE FUCKING GREAT

But he's a bit too old
>>
>>68785362
Entirely too subversive to get a decent adaptation.
>>
>>68786367
Actually shit man Patrick Stewart could do pretty well with him too

Though I don't think he can pull off that vindictive smiling asshole look as well as Malkovich could.

Hold up a sec I'mma bring this into Photoshop.
>>
>>68785362
Who's this dude I see him posted on the net often
>>
>>68787175
Spider Jerusalem, world-class douchebag and gonzo journalist. Protagonist of the cyberpunk comic Transmetropolitan.

Also, just finished Stewart as Spider and it actually looks okay. Gonna do Malkovich next.
>>
>>68785362
Is comic worth to read?
>>
>>68787453
>JOHN MALKOVICH
yes
i bought the first tpb for my friend's birthday 2 years ago and i think he's never read it
he's missing out a lot
>>
>>68786429

This is the correct answer. You'd need a big-ass budget to do the bizarre future of Transmetropolitan justice, and no studio is going to fork over that kind of budget (plus what would have to be an R rating) in order to adapt a subversive, raving, futuristic take on Gonzo journalism.
>>
>>68786429
It's not safe profit. It might be huge success or huge fuck-up, that why it wont get adaptation.
>>
File: MalkovichSpider.jpg (325 KB, 630x1200) Image search: [Google]
MalkovichSpider.jpg
325 KB, 630x1200
>>68787073
Alright, here's a half-ass attempt at John Malkovich with Spider's glasses/tattoo
>>
File: StewartSpider.jpg (176 KB, 480x319) Image search: [Google]
StewartSpider.jpg
176 KB, 480x319
>>68787767
And here's a half-ass attempt at Patrick Stewart with Spider's glasses/tattoo.
>>
>>68787528
Someone in an earlier thread mentioned that the Wachowskis could do the visuals justice, but I think they'd try to inject their agenda into the transhumanist colony.

Which, granted, would be right up their alley. Plus, for some reason they keep getting money to do shit.
>>
File: transmetcast.jpg (259 KB, 1244x1057) Image search: [Google]
transmetcast.jpg
259 KB, 1244x1057
>>
By the time you change it enough to make it marketable it's a completely different thing.
>>
>>68788466
Fuck me, that casting's pretty good.
>>
File: 1454634105780.jpg (16 KB, 180x192) Image search: [Google]
1454634105780.jpg
16 KB, 180x192
>>68788466
>>
>>68788553
Yeah once the studios have pandered to the SJWs making Spider a gay, disabled, nig-nog, it would kind of lose its merit
>>
It can't be done. One of the best things about Transmet is the very slow, very subtle transition from ha ha le goofy reporter with the fart gun to a hard-edged high-stakes thriller. There's not enough time in a movie to do it right, and I don't think it would fit a miniseries.
>>
Oh god no... The most tryhard crap I've ever read... The fans of this piece of shit will be more annoying than the V for Vendetta fanboys.
>>
>>68789003

What do you think it's trying to do?
>>
>>68787767
vote for malko
>>
>>68786367
>Usually everybody involves just says it can't be done justice.

they are probably correct.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.