[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Village
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 7
Did she see his color, and know it was the retard when she decided to kill him?
>>
>>68784628
This is one of the only movies I ever walked out of.
>>
>>68785028
You missed the twist ending!
>>
>>68785028
Why? It was good.

They didnt even show lucius waking up from his wounds. That would have been cheesy.
>>
>>68785028
You need to be more discerning.

I've walked out on so many movies, including this one. After a certain point, it's simply not worth the time, but most people have no idea and sit there like dazed idiots.
>>
>>68785028
Get better tastes scrub
>>
>>68785336
It had some beautiful moments
>>
>>68784628
>Did she see his color
>Did she see
No.
>>
>>68785447
>talks about how she sees someones color every 5 seconds
>>
>>68784628
It was the sound.

I don't think she knew. I think she was half confused - her father did tell her that there was no monster. So the sudden appearance of the monster, with the growls, would have taken her by surprise. That she decided to kill it, even though tis really the autist wearing the suit, is purely out of self-defense.
>>
>>68785028
It wasn't that bad
>>
>>68785502
Do you take all movies at face value and/or literally?
>>
>>68786416
He did say that he based the monster on actual legend so she probably thought the legend is true after all.
>>
>>68786614
I can tell you're ignorant on these things you are trying to speak of, so I will inform you.

Blind people can see lightwaves and other things, pending from person to person.
>>
File: image.jpg (104 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104 KB, 900x900
>>68786735
>>
The movie sucks as a horror film, but I liked it just as a drama.

plus cute blind girl waifu power
>>
>>68784628
I loved this movie when I was younger. On the dvd there was a deleted scene that hinted that the monsters were real.
>>
>>68786918
That's because it's not supposed to be a horror film, special person
>>
>>68786735
>Blind people can see lightwaves

The ability to perceive light is exactly what vision is. If you can do that, you're not fucking blind.
>>
>>68786993
It was marketed as one. Eat a dick
>>
>>68787002
>all you can see is a blob of blurry light
> YOU AINT BLIND YOU PIECE OF SHIT, PUT THAT STICK DOWN AND BUY SOME GLASSES YOU GOVERNMENT FUNDING LEECH!
>>
>>68786918
>>68787047
>>68786993
It was marketed as one because muh tweests famalan

But its a really good drama film.
>>
The cut from the young woman professing her love to lucius to crying was done so well. Laughed hard.
>>
>>68787047
>Marketing has fuck all to do with a film's merit
That's retarded. I don't blame people for thinking it was a lame horror movie, but it's actually a much better romance movie.
>>
>>68784628
This scene is literally kino.

Its a commentary on the relationship between myths, and perhaps even religions, and its believers. The girls blindness is not accidental: its meant to show how Faith occurs when we are hampered with a lack of evidence: in this case visual evidence
>>
>>68786919
Starts at 9:13. I can't believe Shamalama cut the scene at 2:56, it is better than most of what is in the final cut.
>>
>>68787462

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mny63jdI4fs
>>
>>68787462
did you mean to post a video link?
>>
>>68784628
This scene was absolutely fucking terrifying in theaters. I had no idea the costumes were literally Power Rangers tier shit.
>>
>>68787537
>>68787462
were those wind chimes making the noise?
doesnt that make it imply they arent real
>>
>>68787580
for you
>>
>>68784628
How can you trust a retard to keep your secret?
>>
>>68787462
I got the impression the chimes were causing the howling? Just reaffirming that everything about the monsters was manufactured?
>>
I'm surprised how well this movie still spooks me a decade later. Even seeing how cheap the monster outfits are doesn't lessen it.
>>
>>68784628
the only confirmed people she said had a color were her father and lucius. the tard didn't have one, so that's why she didn't know it was him in the costume.
>>
>>68788131
Makes sense I suppose.
>>
>>68786735
>>68787002
There are various types of blindness. In blindness caused by failure of or damage to the visual cortex, the data from the optic nerve is still going into the brain, it's just not being processed at the visual cortex. Other ocular functions, such as blink reflexes and pupil dilation, still work. It may even be possible for the brain to pick up and interpret ocular data in other ways, though research on this concept is still inconclusive. For example, people with visual cortex blindness seem to be able to react reflexively to things that they like or fear, but be unable to explain why.
>>
>>68787059
>what is legally blind
>>
>>68788398
>that's not blind!
>that's LEGALLY blind!
>People who really can't see are ILLEGALLY BLIND!
>>
>>68788398
>>68788483
I don't see what Reese Witherspoon comedies have to do with the Village.
>>
>>68784628
The setting for this movie is so perfect. It alone, scared the hell out of me. There's just something about a clear sky skeletal forest in autumn that messes with me. Also, throwing a blind character in the middle of it all really makes for powerful suspense, ie, you've seen the danger, but she hasn't and how can she possibly survive with such a impediment. The only other movie i can think of to use the same technique is Silence of the lambs, where Clarice faces off against Bill in the blacked-out house. It puts you on edge, no matter how many times you see it.
>>
>>68788525
Ah the old re____switcharoo
>>
>>68786735
Not if she doesn't have any eyes
>>
>>68788760
But she does..
>>
>>68788785
No, her "eyes" are glass
>>
>>68788818
I don't remember that at all, but it's been a long time.
>>
>>68788818
where the fuck did you come up with that shit? she lost her vision due to an illness. in places without modern medicine, shit as simple as an extremely high fever can end up blinding a kid. helen keller was born able to see and hear, but she got scarlet fever as a baby and it raped her ability to see or hear.

ivy had fucking eyes you mong.
>>
>>68788831
He's lying.
>>
why didn't the autist speak during this scene? I mean jesus he even growled like a "monster"
>>
>>68788947
Did you even read the script? She lost her eyes do to illness and her eyes began to go necrotic, so they were replaced by glass eyes.
>>
>>68789074
He doesn't talk in most scenes, or barely at all.
>>
>>68789074
retards, like kids, can get really into a game of pretend. he's dressed as a monster, so in his mind, he's a monster, so he's going to act like a monster. also he was mad at ivy for not only being with lucius, but because she slapped the shit out of him. he didnt want to tslk to her he wanted to fuck her shit up
>>
>>68789160
Dude, we're talking about the movie here.
Nowhere in the movie does it imply her eyes are fake. Especially since it's a romance movie and the thought of her popping both eyeballs out would be disturbing.
>>
File: shyamalan-newsweek-cover.jpg (40 KB, 425x568) Image search: [Google]
shyamalan-newsweek-cover.jpg
40 KB, 425x568
I liked it
One of the last films I saw in the theater in high school

Also, pic related. I wish he had more to give desu
>>
>>68789240
"You can fuck me in the eyeholes if you want!"
>>
>>68789160
you are completely pulling shit out of your ass. she had her own eyes, they weren't glass.
>>
>>68789279
Give her the old Arabian goggles.
>>
>>68785028
>>68785336

Who goes to movies alone? Even if it was really bad it makes it all the more hilarious to point out plot holes and laugh at it.

Hell, I intentionally go to movies I know they will be bad and I found movies that are so god damn terrible they turn into amazing movies like Dungeons and Dragons, The Spirit and more recently Gods of Egypt.
>>
>>68789240

> he hasn't seen the director's cut
> he doesn't know about the glass eyes
> he doesn't understand the film
>>
>>68789377
>I'll just keep on lying on the internet for (you)'s
>>
File: cry.png (78 KB, 465x566) Image search: [Google]
cry.png
78 KB, 465x566
>>68789351
>tfw no good friends to watch shit movies with and laugh
>>
>>68789462
The glass eyes were supposed to be a metaphor about the blindness to lie that the adults were spreading, just like Brody's character was alluding to the ignorance of the people. Stop spreading shit if you haven't watched the full version or read the script.
>>
>>68789576
The original ending to the film was supposed to have her getting hit by the Ranger's car and Lucius dying so that the truth is never revealed, but testing audiences didn't like it, so Sham reshot the ending.
>>
File: ren.jpg (25 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
ren.jpg
25 KB, 512x384
>>68789576
there is no directors cut you faggot and there is nothing i can find about her having glass eyes. 10/10 i mad
>>
>>68789718
kek
>>
File: aaaa-top-picture.jpg (119 KB, 1298x560) Image search: [Google]
aaaa-top-picture.jpg
119 KB, 1298x560
>>68787640
It looked so spooky in the movie.
>>
>>68789191
Maybe "talk" was the wrong word. He didn't talk hardly at all, but he conversed to a certain extent, particularly through giggles. I would think that this scene would certainly be a time when an autist would find the scenario like a game and express some form of communication...
>>
>>68790342
This is a photoshop...
for some reason.

That is the monster from behind the tree with ivy.
>>
>>68790381
True
>>
>>68786614
>didn't watch the movie
>didn't see the scene where u "see" through her eyes

Where's your handler?
>>
It's a fantastic drama, and some of the scenes are perfectly executed.

Acting is brilliant everywhere, the best pacing shamalang has ever done, and the tension in certain parts is better than most movies i've seen.
>>
>>68790381
But he wasn't autistic, he was born too early. I grew up with a friend who was born too early, and he acted exactly like him. He would also delve into characters really deeply when playing, like he thought it was real at times.
>>
File: a69.png (583 KB, 680x689) Image search: [Google]
a69.png
583 KB, 680x689
>>68790911
>>
>>68790911
I have a feeling his mother told you that was what his problem was. I mean yeah that is what caused it, but that's not his freaking mental illness.

I remember there being a retard in my complex and my friend asked his mom what was wrong with him like a fucking sperg, and she said " He was born on labor day". I was kind of like what the fuck, but semi believed it for a while since I didnt think on it too hard.
>>
>>68785028
I still don't get the hate of the Village, I would guess it must be how it was marketed before the release as a monster movie or whatever. Also never understood the hate for Lady in the Water either other than MNS basically making fun of critics, Paul was fucking incredible in this movie.
>>
>>68790712
I've seen the movie, I'll admit not in a while, but what I was trying to say is maybe she doesn't literally fucking see people's "colors" in the supernatural sense that is implied.
>>
>>68791055
People who are born too early develope neurological impairments, and that's basically all that's wrong with them. Their brains are basically just underdeveloped.
>>
>>68791183
>lady in the water

whenever someone mentions that name I instantly think of "What lies beneath". Shit used to play non stop on HBO. Was really good. Nobody talks about it.
>>
>>68791255
basicallybasicallybasically

i'm obviously one of them myself.
>>
>>68789351
I like your enthusiasm but you shouldn't support these movies. Wait for the torrent.
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.