[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dream shows?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: battlela.jpg (57 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
battlela.jpg
57 KB, 600x300
I want a Band of Brothers style show about an alien invasion.

You follow one squad from global military response to guerilla style insurgencies as the aliens continue to advance.
>>
>>68778352

OP are you sitting down, because the Spartacus showrunners were going to do just that, it was called Insurgency and each season was going to use real locations for each battlefield (deserts, ice, etc) but it just never took off.

Then they made Outlander and the dream died.
>>
>>68778352
>Battle LA
Why must you remind me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Pd-uuDi28U

Honestly this is one of the best trailers I've ever seen, still remains one of my favorites.
>>
>>68778352
What did you think about Falling Skies?
>>
>>68778352
In answer to your question, A weekly miniseries revolving around Hitman.

A sort of contract-of-the-week story, that has an overarching plot about secret spy rings or whatever. The plot doesn't reveal itself fully until the final hit, but there's traces and hints of it that seem really obvious in retrospect.

Also, make it almost like a horror or thriller. The only real glimpses of 47 we get are in the beginning when he gets his assignment, occasional glimpses of him in the background of the scene, and when he kills his mark. There can still be shots of like guards getting taken out and close-ups of 47's barcode, but primarily it focuses on the mark and justifying his murder.
>>
>>68779247
That sounds great. I'd watch that.
>>
>>68778352
I'd actually want a show based on 90s/early 2000s conspiracy theories coupled with a nuke going off in Waahington, and a lot of the movie dealing with survival in the contaminated lands and power game relating to the order of succession, military and different government agencies trying to take control, prepper gangs ruling vast expanses of contaminated lands and declaring war against the federal government etc. Basically Jericho but less centered on a single small town and less obvious villains.

Also some play on the conspiracy rheories in that you'd have some people "connecting the dots" about a government agencies having evil plans, but actually the connections are just purely coincidental, and the military are acting as the bad guys, but not out of malice but because curfew tactics are fucking brutal. Further, the survivor population is having witch hunts towards terrorists and foreign spies 'n shit.
>>
>>68779696
I'd watch it. I'm a sucker for conspiracy shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qV0I-iA5lJU

Here, take this.
>>
>>68778352
Ensemble drama about a fictional Hollywood studio that's set in the Pre-Code Era
>>
>>68780770
I loved Jericho, but it wasn't as gritty/realistic as I would've liked and it ended as things were actually getting mildly interesting. Revolution was also good, but imo was dragged down by the premise requiring a ton of willing suspension of disbelief.
>>
>>68781258
Eh? I just pulled that clip from some random thread, didn't think it was actually connected to anything.
>>
what is the obsession with juvenile fantasies and wanting to make them realistic depictions based on actual events
>>
>>68781468
Look at The Dark Knight. It pulled off an interesting, complex story about a character who was initially known as a bit of a joke (60's show), and had really been cemented as a cartoony figure.

I'm guessing a lot stems from that.
>>
File: 1446265561958.gif (352 KB, 499x289) Image search: [Google]
1446265561958.gif
352 KB, 499x289
>>68779696
Honestly I think you've solved a big problem of translating long media like games or comics into movies. A movie doesn't capture the length and pace of the story, therefore it loses its appeal. The story of Hitman is pretty bare and not really interesting on its own. Whats fun is the long set up to a spectacular conclusion with the kills. A tv show benefits that story much better than an hour and a half film. And any writer worth his salt can take a bare story and flesh it out with characters and interesting dialogue. That's how Marvel does it.
Comic book movies have the same problem to me. They try to do too much in too short a time. A tv show or cartoon show really benefits the type serialized story a comic book tells in the first place.
>>
>>68778352
Waste of an opportunity HBO Starship Troopers.
>>
>>68779696
>prepper gangs
Realistically most of them would remain hunkered down in the middle of nowhere and it would be corrupt ex-military and ex-police who set up the post-apocalyptic fiefdoms.
>>
>>68781967
Well, I wasn't thinking the scenario would be full blown apocalypse, just an immense disaster that causes multiple states to essentially get cut off from civilization in terms of normal services, but it wouldn't become Mad Max and instead like Syria where you might have places that have running water, electricity if they have generators and so on, but it's very spotty and the central government has lost control of a lot of places so they're essentially left to fend for themselves until the cleanup efforts and such reach them. The quarantines, the fear and distrust is causing people to go nuts on the local level and on the higher level, since a lot of the people in the succession order died in the blast, there's confusion in terms of who should be leading the country etc.
>>
>>68778352
this is so retarded at different levels, that i actually can see it an american big budget tv show. why are you people so pleb?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.