[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>2016 >Still no Halo movie What exactly went wrong? Why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 8
File: Awakening.jpg (541 KB, 1024x904) Image search: [Google]
Awakening.jpg
541 KB, 1024x904
>2016
>Still no Halo movie

What exactly went wrong? Why didnt this happen already?
>>
>>68775476

Nothing went wrong. As soon as a live action movie is made, you can kiss Halo lore goodbye.
>>
>>68775644
The lore was fucked up since Halo Reach.

I just hope they make it more like a predator/ alien, abandoned spaceship type feel instead of some stupid shit action movie.
>>
I'd rather they just make a band of brothers style series with marines or ODST.
but really I'd want a series based on xcom
>>
>>68775644

Halo 4 and 5 already killed Halo lore.

A reminder that Chief fell from the upper atmosphere with no heat shield and just needed a quick reboot before standing up again
>>
>caring about Halo after CE

grow up kiddies
>>
WHAT DO YOO WANT TO SEE IN HALO MOVE?

ME I WANT TO SEE HALO SHOT AN ALIEN JUST LIKE IN VDEO GAME
>>
>>68775476

I remember when jackson was rumored to have directed it.

Would he have been able to make a GOAT halo movie in his prime?
>>
>>68775476
Movies have to be based on comics anon.

Also, they would fuck it up somehow and make cortana a sassy nigress or something.
>>
The extended halo universe is so under appreciated.

Honestly, a movie that had a bit of Contact Harvest and Fall of Reach would be a pretty good first movie
>>
>>68775820
But Halo 2 is the only good game in the series, and almost entirely thanks to the heavy focus on the Covenant and the fact it basically kicked off console online multiplayer at hyperspeed.
>>
>>68775938

>people mad about the Arbiter sections
>Not enjoying Keith David's sexy voice

FUCKING PLEBS
>>
>>68775778
But he has an energy shield that can survive direct hits from giant plasma cannons, certainly it has some heat dissipating properties.
>>
>>68775476

Microsoft refused to give a decent percentage of distribution revenue to the 6 majors, and they all ended up backing out. They were in pre-production when I think Universal pulled out because they were tired of Microsoft's shit.

Microsoft wanted something absurd like 80% of profit/revenue from domestic ticket sales and refused to back down, so it fell apart.
>>
>>68775476

What exactly would you want to see in a Halo movie?

>A standards movie about the UNSC fighting the convenants
>A trilogy based off the games
>A movie about the Spartans
>>
>>68775778
>A reminder that Chief fell from the upper atmosphere with no heat shield and just needed a quick reboot before standing up again

pretty sure they do this in the books too and are fine.
>>
>>68776026
Honestly Halo 3 suffered a lot because Bungie made Arbiter just Master Chief's Luigi when he had the far more interesting story and development to be had.
>>
>>68776137
This. There's too much shit to pack effectively into one movie.
>>
>>68776137
They could basically take any of the current movies like the Benghazi one, any Mark Walhberg war movie strap UNSC on their upper arm, place them on an alien planet, and replace all the brown people with various covenant aliens.
>>
>>68775778
He used one of those doors from the Forerunner keyship as a heat-shield. You can see it in the starting area when you turn around.
>>
>>68776141

lolbooks that's pretty fucking cool tho, also didn't they lose only one Spartan in a raid on a Covenant ship which they massacred?
>>
>>68776221

True but he still had to take the impact, impressive nonetheless
>>
>>68776264
They do a lot of shit in the books.

They're actually pretty good. The Karen Traviss ones aren't great but there's some good storylines. Like a Spartan on a mission discovers her father has become a terrorist fighting against the UNSC after her flash clone dies and he becomes obsessed with it all being a government coverup.
>>
>tfw you'll never get to see the early space battles between the UNSC using the giant MAC cannon's and superior strategy and the Covenant using superior technology
>>
>>68776141
That wasn't exactly upper atmosphere, but I was going to say the same thing. Their armor got fucked, but none of them had Mk. VI at the time.

Was that Ghosts Of Onyx? I didn't really like that one after my second readthrough
>>
>>68776407
>reading Karen Traviss anything

Pleb, profligate, traitor to your crown and country
>>
>>68776542
There're so many books I don't even remember
>>
>>68776573
I can't help myself. You think I'm not going to read something involving halo after I've read every other book?
>>
File: Halo3-ODST_EnvConcept-07.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1128) Image search: [Google]
Halo3-ODST_EnvConcept-07.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1128
>>68776137
>>68776215

I honestly believe to make halo work in film it has to be made in 6 movies and split into 2 trilogies. The prequels and ot if you will.

the preguels will be about the backstory of halo. We see harvest and unsc fighting losing war, we see spartan program aND fall of reach

Ot is about the games and and ends with halo 3.

Suprised Hollywood hasn't jumped on this idea knowing how much they love making sequels
>>
>>68776354

https://youtu.be/X4jfvddi45M?t=75

Brej you know spartan 2's and 3's armor can lock ,shits more expensive than the average starship.
>>
>>68775476
That tree fucking, vegan cuckold went and made ABATAP.
That's why we will never get a good Halo movie and have to deal with the smelliest and most talenttless, subhuman beanershit to adapt Battle Angel Alita into a movie.
>>
>>68776654
I think Contact Harvest would make a pretty good movie.
>>
>>68775709
>Fucked up since Halo Reach

How?
>>
>>68775938
>it basically kicked off console online multiplayer
Kill yourself you worthless Gen Z millenial Xbox neo-gamer kiddiefaggot.
>>
>tfw you'll never have a QT Huragok to tinker with all your stuff
>>
>>68776770
Cortana fragment, pretty much everything with Halsey, winter contingency doesn't line up correctly. No Spartan 2s (Aside from Jorge) to be found.
>>
Make a movie focusing on ODST warfare, Spartan's only appear on occasion and its a big deal when they do, a la vader in Star Wars.

You need to make Spartan's seem special and not just cool action heros.
>>
>>68776779
If not Halo 2 then what do you think made CONSOLE online multiplayer as big as it is today? I'm not saying it was the first console online multiplayer but its definitely the one that made it ridiculously popular and downright necessary in the future.
>>
>>68776647
I didn't read anything after Cole Protocol, which was easily the worst of the Halo books I read. Nor did I bother reading the Forerunner books.
>>
>>68776899
The Forerunner books were good except for the part where it seemed like they were just walking for chapter after chapter.

Other than that fleshing out the Forerunner lore was pretty comfy
>>
>>68776958
Meh. Playing 4 really soured me on the entirety of the Forerunners, as stupid and petty as that is.
>>
>>68776830
The way I look at it, it's a video game franchise and only what's in the video games are canon.

Fuck the books.
>>
because halo is shit

its also a giant rip off of alien
>>
>>68776407
>They're actually pretty good.
Are you being facetious? I genuinely can't tell.
>>
>>68776890

>console online

hahahahaha

also CoD4 is what kicked off console online as big as it is which is why everyone fucking copied it, xbox/ps2/gc onlines were a shit
>>
>>68775476
that guy blokcampy is a hack.
>>
>>68777115

At this point, virtually everything military science fiction is a rip off of Alien or Aliens. Even the Ender's Game movie ripped them off. Which was terrible, since it was one of the few books that didn't.
>>
>>68777075
The forerunner stuff from 4 and the books is completely different.
>>
>>68777182
>CoD4 is what kicked off console online as big as it is which is why everyone fucking copied it

Might have solidified what Online console gaming is nowadays but it certainly wasn't the pioneer on online gaming and culture.

Are you forgetting Halo 2? That was the big one.
>>
>>68776407

Fall of Reach and Ghosts of Onyx were the best imo. Glasslands and the others I don't really remember.

I don't really like any lore post S-III anyway. Fuck off S-IV, volunteers a shit.
>>
File: Rookie.jpg (2 MB, 1920x2159) Image search: [Google]
Rookie.jpg
2 MB, 1920x2159
>>68776877
This, ODST's a best. I'd rather watch about some normal guys doing the best they can with shit odds against the Covies than a Gary Stu Spartan.
>>
>>68777101
Well Halo 5 uses Blue Team who exclusively existed in the books up until now.
>>
>>68777244

the xbox was the least popular console

no one cared and it had a tiny online community and shit online play

cod4 absolutely killed it even though it still had relatively shit online play it still inspired a whole generation of online console shooters and fps

no one copied halo 2 - when halo 2 came out fucking half life 2 was out
>>
>>68777308
>Halo 5

Haven't touched Halo since Halo 4. That campaign was garbage. There's no point making Halo games if it's not a war against the Covenant anymore.
>>
>>68777299
Basically a movie with ODST, like you said, doing their best against overwhelming odds against the covies, but add in how alien the Spartans are to humans.

The first Spartans were are autistic supersoldiers that were basically 7 foot tall walking tanks, which isn't highlighted enough.
>>
>>68777380
Who cares if nobody copied Halo? Nobody needed to, the game had hundreds of thousands of players on it for a time, just like any new big release.

Online console gaming was solidified with the Xbox and the PS2 network adapter.
>>
File: ICANBRUTETOTHIS.png (496 KB, 519x452) Image search: [Google]
ICANBRUTETOTHIS.png
496 KB, 519x452
>>68776734

Second.
>>
>>68776137
It would be pretty cool to see an ODST movie where they tease the Spartan all the way until a big action scene where they blow some shit

Imagine scenes like this :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnwXu0ZpySY

Or movies based on the games, hopefully we'll have a based director who doesn't take the route of the 343 trilogy
>>
>>68777182

You are literally confirmed for younger than 16.
>>
>>68776654
i agree, and i think you'd have to do it like Star Wars and do the later trilogy first, starting with the story of Halo 1 as the first movie.

normies would shit if you kick off a Halo series, and then don't show an actual Halo until the 4th movie.

plus, the background of the Spartans and how they were originally developed to kill human rebels on colony worlds is too touchy a subject to start the series with.
>>
>>68777438
This is what I want. Spartans shouldn't be the viewer analogue. The ODSTs should be, Spartans are fucking weird and OP, if you made a movie about Spartans it would be boring. Focus on the down and dirty warfare and make Spartans like a 3rd act twist that all the troops rumour about in the first two acts.
>>
>>68775476
They said fuck it and made a better movie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyLUwOcR5pk
>>
If they made master chief wouldnt actor wants to see face even as second? I mean who would say to ok fully masked during entire movie unless its non known actor or cgi
>>
The question is WHY do you need a movie? The video games are enough
>>
File: hello_darkness_my_old_friend.png (820 KB, 533x639) Image search: [Google]
hello_darkness_my_old_friend.png
820 KB, 533x639
>current millenium
>still no warhammer movie
>>
>>68775476

They already tried to make a Halo movie, but the studios pulled out. It was going to be directed by Neil Blomkamp of District 9 fame.

Turns out, Neil just recycled a lot of the ideas and concepts he had for Halo and turned it into Elysium. If you haven't seen Elysium, it features a single hero in power armor, and it's even got a giant space halo. It was definitely built on the corpse of Blomkamp's live-action Halo.
>>
File: Elysium-Halo.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Elysium-Halo.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>68780815

Pic very much related
>>
>>68775476
Halo was very special under Bungie. Say what you will about Halo 3 and Reach, but with each new installment Bungie upped their game and added new and fun ways to play.
Halo 1 - Straight up campaign and 4 player split screen/lan.
Halo 2 - Introduction to Xbox Live
Halo 3 - Introduction to Forge mode, theater mode, and a massively revamped Custom games mode
Halo 3 ODST - Nice little expansion with a fun new gamemode, Fire Fight
And Halo Reach - Combines everything in all past Halo games, improves upon them in every way, adds new gameplay mechanics by adding armor abilities, and new gamemodes that are still fun to play to this day.

The saga should have concluded with Reach. Reach had a perfect ending, Reach was the definitive Halo, and the series was at it's absolute peak.

Then under 343i
Halo 4 - Horrendous laggy forge mode. No new game modes. Nothing new to custom games. A shitty tacted on Campaign that felt like it was trying to continue the story for the sake of continuing it.
Halo 5 - No split screen. Didn't launch with Forge. Had to wait several months for fire fight. Call of Duty tier gameplay. No new weapons or vehicles
>>
>>68778027

>halo fan
>calling others young

bitch i was playing pc games for years before consoles even got online

halo 2 was irrelevant to everyone but the smallest console base
>>
>>68781279
Then you are too old to be here and too old to be talking like this, as if we're suppose to be impressed by you because you played PC games for years before consoles even got online.

Jesus Christ, do you even realize how pathetic that sounds? How old is your worthless dead beat ass?
>>
>>68781150
I stopped playing Halo after Reach, mainly because I never got an Xbox One but also because Bungie weren't going to make them any more.

I still fire up the 360 on occasion and do a chronological playthrough every now and again going Reach - CE - 2 - ODST after the Mombasa mission - Continue 2 - 3
>>
>>68781150
Reach was my favorite Halo. It holds a very special place in my heart. And I played all the Halos. I owned the original Xbox with Halo 1 and 2. But Halo 3 back in grade 8 was when I really fell in love with the franchise.

Endless nights staying up late with my school friends, all of us in a Xbox Live party playing Halo 3 multiplayer. Us getting big groups together and playing custom games, fat kid, duck hunt, zombies. The memories are powerful and nostalgic. That word nostalgic is overused, but my time with Halo 3 was truly nostalgic and wonderful. Maybe it wasn't the game that I have fond memories of, maybe it was with the friends I shared it with, friends that I don't see anymore. Friends that I haven't seen since highschool. Friends that don't want anything to do with me anymore... Life sucks senpai. Life sucks.
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.