[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do so many adults enjoy superhero movies? I tried getting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: serveimage.jpg (72 KB, 737x547) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
72 KB, 737x547
How do so many adults enjoy superhero movies? I tried getting into them a couple of times, but I honestly don't see much value.

What are some essential superhero movies?
>>
>>68769363
There aren't any
>>
>>68769363
i imagine they have actual jobs and lives to deal with, and enjoy the mindless escape. but the primary audience - both intended and actual - are kids and teenagers
>>
>>68769363
Superman the movie
Spiderman 1 and 2
X2
Hellboy 1 and 2
Burton batman movies
Ultraman
>>
Children like superheroes.
Due to soft parents, they do not grow out of this. They are allowed to pursue nerdy hobbies like video games and comic books.
Children become teenagers become adults, still liking nerdy things.
Now, adults are watching these movies.
These adults give birth to kids and allow them to do this, making the next generation even softer.
>>
>>68769363
>I tried getting into them a couple of times, but I honestly don't see much value.

Don't troll this board then with obvious shit like this, kiddo.
>>
>>68769363
Allow me to interject for a moment, what you're referring to as "adults" is, in fact, manchildren or, as I've recently got to calling it, man+children
>>
>>68769482
Ooo,and we better be hard cuz that'S real goddamn important! Get bent, internet tough guy.
>>
>>68769363
nah only manchildrens
>>
>>68769363
>How do so many adults enjoy superhero movies?

Because they read the comics while growing up. They watched the cartoons while growing up. They played the games while growing up.
It's funny that people completely forgets about the comics and just thinks the movies alone did the trick. The MCU had a 5 decades long marketing campaign of published comics, cartoons and games. Of fucking course present day adults are into it.
>>
>>68769611
>implying that you have a gf LMAO
>>
>>68769363
First 2 Superman
Tim Burton Batman
First 2 of the nolan Trilogy
Xmen (2000)
Spiderman 2
Some Ultraman movies

that's all
>>
>>68769363
>What are some essential superhero movies?

The best of the genre: BvS, Ant-Man, Man of Steel, Guardians of the Galaxy, Hellboys

Avoid: Nolan, Russos, Singer
>>
wageslave reporting in

I really love comic movies both Marvel and DC, since i grew up getting my ass kicked by reading comics and roleplaying superheroes and star wars scenarios.
>>
>>68769406
This. My girlfriend and I enjoy capeshit cause we both grew up reading comics. We go to theaters to watch capeshit because every day adult life with kids and real jobs is stressful and these movies are mindless, fun, stress relief.

I'll watch deeper movies on my weekend on my couch, when life isn't stressful already
>>
>>68769363
Super Hero movies aren't new, they just have the technology to not make them look ridiculous. Also the XD Geek pop-culture of the 2010s has intensified it.
>>
>>68769957
aka I make excuses for being lower class scum
>>
>>68770047
You're either a Neet or a trust fund baby. I can tell because you think poor people jobs are stressful, that's life on easy mode son. Big boy jobs are stressful, and long hours. There are thousands of people's livelihood at stake with any one of the hundreds of choices I have to make everyday.

Tldr: grow up baby
>>
>>68769482
Hopefully infantilism skips a generation.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.