[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Most overrated franchise of all time?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
Most overrated franchise of all time?
>>
>>68767549
No.
>>
>>68767549
>Best franchise of all time
FTFY
>>
>>68767549

LotR

They even gave the last one an academy award for best picture.
>>
>>68767549
>>68767641

These
>>
File: Avatar-Movie-Poster.jpg (136 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
136 KB, 1920x1080
>>68767549
>>
>>68767549
yes

HP comes second, if only because the first ones were good and it had a considerable drop in quality but the audience was already too hooked and invested to notice it or care
>>
>>68767549
No, just most advertised. Most of the DC and Marvel posters on here are paid shills.
>>
that series that starts with s and ends with wars
>>
>>68767822
I'd say Harry Potter is #1
the first few films are pretty good adaptations but overall the books are just plain objectively superior.
>>
>>68768174

Different medium, and the fans are probably adults that grew up with the movies, no one else pretends that the movies are more than inoffensive fun.

It usually goes like this:

1. LotR
2. Star Wars

People would go apeshit saying that the films deserve artistic recognition and then throw them under the bus whenever someone tries to criticize them for the lack of it, usually saying "it's always been about mindless fun".
>>
>>68768417
>1. LotR

This.
>>
>>68767549
Worst franchise of all time.
>>
Tarantino
>>
>>68768417
>2. Star Wars
Should be nr. 1. There's so fucking nothing special about SW.
>>
File: star-wars-logo[1].png (15 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-logo[1].png
15 KB, 640x480
literally this.

You like this because other people like this.
>>
>>68768481
Why?
>>
>>68767641

Nah, LoTR got exactly the right amount of recognition it deserves.
>>
>>68769170
No. I liked it because of muppets. Which are no longer a thing so I no longer like it as much.
>>
>>68768417

A lot of people love LOTR because you were seeing Tolkien's work come to life and the production team actually put the work in unlike the hobbit. All of the miniatures and sets and costume designs were incredible. There is a couple cgi flubs throughout but almost everything holds up today.

The movies were scored and casted perfectly too, by no means are they arthouse movies but seeing movies with that much love for the craft put into it is extremely entertaining and deserves a level of respect, especially when the source material is something like Tolkien's universe.
>>
>>68767742
>>
>>68769170
It's easily Star Wars

I can't even make it through empire strikes back and that's supposed to be the best one. Never even bothered trying with 6, 1-3, or 7
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.