[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did he mean by that?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: tumblr_o5ds555lYn1tu1beso1_500.jpg (42 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o5ds555lYn1tu1beso1_500.jpg
42 KB, 500x281
What did he mean by that?
>>
>>68766642
He meant that Snyder is a hack.
>>
He was a communist
>>
>>68766642
People In positions of power cant stay good forever
>>
>>68766642
I don't think I've ever heard anything say that.
>>
>>68766642
That there's no such thing as "good guys"
>>
>>68766642
he was talking about zod's snapped neck
>>
Wait I thought the quote was: "power can be an ascent"
>>
Jesus l, that is some terrible dialogue.
>>
>>68766642
When I first heard that line I thought that he said "that power can be an ascent." This film really needed sub-titles.

Who actually believes that power is innocent? People have always used power in order to hurt others.
>>
>>68766936

This is my point desu. Nobody thinks that.
>>
>>68766936
It's got to do with Democracy being a better, more accountable system of government than monarchies. The thought was that by keeping officials more accountable to the governed, it would somehow make them less corrupt.

The way Lex uses it has sort of a double meaning - one that he's implying that he thinks Finch is in someone else's pocket, and a veiled accusation of Superman himself, the most powerful guy can't be as good as he presents himself to be.
>>
Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Meme on though. I'm sure Baron Zemo's quips will be much better.
>>
File: 14616228576.png (714 KB, 852x476) Image search: [Google]
14616228576.png
714 KB, 852x476
>>68768980
It's been one month and they are still mad, i'm starting to doubt DCfags will ever recover from it.
>>
File: 47238478234.jpg (70 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
47238478234.jpg
70 KB, 1600x900
>Ignorance is not the same as innocence.

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>68766642
i've only ever heard "Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely." what luthor said isn't a thing
>>
>>68768980
i'd rather watch a lowbrow fun movie than whatever the fuck this shit is
>>
It's literally a Hack Snyder's version of "if you have great power you have great responsibility"
>>
>>68768980
>you use a common adage to explain hack snyder's convoluted fantasy where people think 'power is innocent'

Do you see the circle you're going in? Argo was clearly lightning in a bottle because the script is dogshit.
>>
>>68769132
>Chris' hand over heart when laughing
That's pretty adorable
>>
Who the fuck ever said power can be innocent?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.