[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ryan Reynolds gives cash to Utah theater in trouble over Deadpool
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 8
File: -1x-1.jpg (421 KB, 1364x2048) Image search: [Google]
-1x-1.jpg
421 KB, 1364x2048
>A Utah movie theater is facing a big punishment for serving alcohol while showing Deadpool, and Ryan Reynolds is showing solidarity with the cinema.
>The actor donated $5,000 to the Salt Lake City-based Brewvies, a theater that permits alcohol to be sold on premises. The business is facing a revoked liquor license for showing “films like Deadpool, Hangover 2, Magic Mike XXL and Ted 2,” the GoFundMe page — where Reynolds’ donation is public — reads. “We are fighting for the State of Utah to respect our First Amendment freedom of speech.”
>Brewvies faces a $25,000 fine for serving alcohol during Deadpool, a film with “nudity and simulated sex,” according to the Associated Press, under am obscenity law generally used to regulate strip clubs. Reynolds sarcastically tweeted about the matter Sunday, writing, “Thank god, they’ve found a way to legislate fun.”
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/04/25/ryan-reynolds-deadpool-utah-theater

Why is he so based?
>>
Redditpool is his magnum opus.
>>
that jason lee
>>
That' is based but man american and its silly laws
>>
Mormons are just likes jews
>>
>>68763115
If they had a license then what's the problem? A ton of cinemas here sell booze , I can't remember a time I went to the pictures with my dad and he didn't get a few pints in at the bar while we waited for the movie to start.
I mean he's a wineo but still.
I live in London btw
>>
i want him in my boipucci
>>
>americucks aren't even allowed to drink booze in cinemas

KEK, even McDonalds sells beer here.
>>
>>68763115
The fine was $25k only gives 1/5.
What a fucking Jew.
>>
big money interests
>>
>>68763115
you want to tell me that in the US you can't drink alcohol in the cinema?

>land of the """""""free"""""""
>>
>going against laws that kill degeneracy
>based
pick one
>>
>>68763461
>>68763367
Utah is literally run by the Mormon church.
>>
>>68763461
They're free to practice their religion.

>>68763564
Fuck off, cultist.
>>
>>68763564
Mormons are so fucking cute, how can someone hate them?
>>
>>68763908
Because 90% of them are pretentious twats.
>>
File: 461308192_45484b0511 (1).jpg (118 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
461308192_45484b0511 (1).jpg
118 KB, 500x333
>>68763956
>cute AND arrogant
you'll make me cum, anon
>>
>>68763278
>then what's the problem?
Mormon Sharia law
>>
>>68763564
I FOUND A WAY
I FOUND A WAY-HEY
>>
>>68764009
Most of the time arrogance requires a certain superiority somehow, which the polygamist cultists lack completely.

But if that's your thing then by all means. Go to Utah or Northern Arizona. Plenty of those walking viruses around.
>>
>>68763846
>They're free to practice their religion.
Like niggers are free to impregnate your women?

>muh freedom
>>
>>68763115

what law is this theatre breaking...? They supposedly have a liquor license so...
>>
>>68763115
>Why is he so based?
Canadian buddy!
We're all this cool guy!
>>
So based.
>>
>>68764095
>Brewvies faces a $25,000 fine for serving alcohol during Deadpool, a film with “nudity and simulated sex,” according to the Associated Press, under am obscenity law generally used to regulate strip clubs

It says it right in the OP you faggot. As for why it's because it's Utah, this is the same state where if you order a mixed drink it has to be mixed behind a curtain so children aren't influenced.
>>
>>68764158
yo buddy can i bum a dart?
>>
>>68763564
Jesus Christ the one on the right looks like a human Ken doll.
>>
>solidarity
THAT FUCKING WORD AGAIN
>>
>>68763278
>I live in London btw

Mormons are the Sunni's of the Christian world.
>>
>>68764064
Sorry Eurotrash, I know you're autistic and triggered by religious freedom but you should keep your fetishes too yourself next time

Why don't you go drink in a McDonalds and calm down, little buddy
>>
Why are Mormons allowed to exist?

Don't they rape children?
>>
>>68764506
You must have them confused with Catholics
>>
Whats with millionaires donating token amounts and acting like it means something?
>>
>>68764506
Yes and they have like 6 child wives.

Mormons are so based.
>>
>>68763846
>freedom to practice your religion

Unfortunately that doesn't give you the freedom to restrict the rights of others based on your religion. At least not in civilised countries.
>>
>>68764493
Using a vague obscenity law to fine a business that is properly licensed is not religious freedom.
>>
>>68764506
not rape if they are married
>>
>>68764593
It does if you live in a community passing legislation relating to the majority's religion in a democratic republic.
>>
File: 1442686983811.jpg (771 KB, 614x1770) Image search: [Google]
1442686983811.jpg
771 KB, 614x1770
>>68764593
Yes it does, if the majority of people want you have to do it.

You don't bend over backwards for minorities unless you're in Europe.
>>
>>68763908
>tfw been listening to The Book Of Mormon lately
HELLO

MY NAME IS ELDER PRICE

AND I WOULD LIKE TO SHARE WITH YOU THE MOST AMAZING BOOK
>>
Utah is bullshit because of Mormonism. You have to be nineteen to buy tobacco products there - I went up there earlier this year to snowboard and had to get some other guy to buy me some cigarettes even though I'm eighteen.
>>
>>68764632
That isn't real. It...can't be real.
>>
>>68763278
because the movie had nudity and nudity+alcohol=strip club, so they need a specific license
>>
>>68764632
I find it hard to believe that gay and trans people actually want this level of pandering. it should be insulting.
>>
http://thebiggestproblemintheuniverse.com/episode-45/

Episode has Utah native Maddox talking about how shitty Utah is
>>
>>68764632
Holy fucking shit.

I mean diversity is important but holy FUCK can you honestly and truly be any more fucking retarded?
>>
>>68764798
IT'S CALLED REPRESENTATION YOU SHITLORD

Tell you the truth though, I've got some good trans friends and even they would think this is fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>68765000
but I'm not represented in ancient epics either. When are they going to make Chris's Oddyssey?
>>
>>68765202
When you get off you ass and rob your neighbor Troy's house.
>>
>>68763115
>donates 5k of a 25k fine
Wow, holy shit reynolds, don't break the bank.
>>
>>68764757
wait what? how does nudity in a movie make a fucking movie theater a strip club?
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 600x615) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 600x615
>>68765202
BECAUSE YOU'RE A FUCKING WHITE MALE

At some point though, this shit's gotta stop. If you want diversity, make NEW shit. Stop ruining old shit.
>>
>>68763115
studio PR, not a cent will leave his pocket
>>
how do you get a body like that

I look like the lazy bear from ice age
>>
>>68765338
>lazy bear
The sloth?
>>
>>68763115
>literally bordering nevada
>regulating strip clubs
Jesus Christ, Mormons
>>
>>68765338
a super expensive trainer and HGH is the only way to get like that is what a hater likeme would say
>>
File: Bait Rating.png (19 KB, 220x300) Image search: [Google]
Bait Rating.png
19 KB, 220x300
>>68764632
That's not real. It's entirely fabricated. Notice how there's not even a website logo or URL?

Be less retarded and knee-jerk reactionary, folks, it's good for you.
>>
>>68765271
Because it's vague enough for the Mormon Church that runs Utah to go in and fine the shit out of them
>>
>>68765376
>literal 50 year old body
Gross.
>>
>>68763115
Reynolds is based as fuck.
And Deadpool was primo capeshit

>>68765376
>like_milk.jpg?
>>
>>68765286
But people don't want to go see Black/Female Superhero: The Origin Story. They want to see Male Superhero Who Is Now Female: The Origin Story. Or Male/Female Superhero Who Is White Is Now Black: The Origin Story.

In short, faggots will go see a film about an established franchise, whether or not the lead is male or female, but original shit won't fly.
>>
>>68764593

Then why are Liberals allowed to throw people in jail for "Hate Speech".

That sounds like "restricting the rights of others based on your religion" to me.
>>
>>68765376
>>68765457
wait is this true? a religious sect is ruling an american state?
>>
>Facing $25k fine
>Only gives them $5k

Mr Reynolds, you could easily fork out the $25k so they don't lose anything.
>>
>>68765526
Yep. I think the reason it hasn't been shut down is to contain that garbage to one area.
>>
>>68765526
they have a big population and all vote the same way, so politicians pander to them. Missouri is on its way to being the same way but with Muslims
>>
The land of the free
>>
>>68765526
welcome to democracy
>>
WE DID IT REDDIT
>>
That bit of desert is owned by the religious zealots. If alcohol fueled degeneracy is what you want you could always go one state over to the tract of wasteland the mafia built cities on specifically for that purpose.
>>
>>68765526
Yes? You think 4chan memes are the actual fact? According to /pol/ and 4chan as a whole, Europe is controlled by Shariah Law when it isn't. The fact is, there is ACTUAL control in USA based on religion shit, but it's Christianity, so it's A-OK! It's also only in one state, so it's cool to ignore it.

As an American, I fear it just makes USA look more retarded than we are. Thankfully only 3 boards have flags.
>>
>>68765725
>That bit of desert is owned by the religious zealots
As is Vegas. A shitload of Vegas is owned by Mormons.
>>
>>68765725
And if you try to bring back any of that alcohol it's illegal

Which is unconstitutional but why let that get in your way
>>
>>68764213
I still don't get what the problem is.
They have a License to all booze in the theater, unless the movie has nudity? Wtf
>>
>>68765825
It's an obscenity law, the purpose of those is to be vague enough that you can go after businesses that did nothing wrong legally. It's how Max Hardcore got arrested in Florida.

It's like how they got Al Capone on taxes after being unable to get him on anything legit
>>
>>68765825
I doesn't have to make sense as long as they can force people to obey church law. boobs and booze in one place is just too much degeneracy
>>
>>68765617
It's funny when this is surprising to people

Like, everyone is ALL ABOUT DEMOCRACY but then suddenly acts surprised when people vote differently than them

>Let's give the states rights
>Let's let them decide how they want to rule themselves
>W-wait you have different values than me?? STOP!

Why does this keep happening? Don't people understand that democracy means some places will naturally be different?
>>
>cant sell alcoholl in cinema if there is """""nudity""""" which there wasnt

kek, cucks. Freedom my ass.
>>
>>68765976
Using a vague obscenity law to enforce your religious beliefs is not democracy. Especially since this was Salt Lake City which is the Portland of Utah.
>>
>>68765976
Doesnt mean we can shit on those places
Fuck off mormon
>>
>>68766004
What they wanted may seem crazy, but most of them wanted that crazy thing and they got it. Thats freedom
>>
>>68766035
>Local voters vote for politicians that put obscenity law in place
>Majority of locals support obscenity law
>It's "not democracy" because a Canadian actor does not approve, and as we all know Canadian actors are the final authority on Utah laws
It sounds like you want a Canadian Despotism where your laws are handed to you by people from a different country. You're not alone - Merkel wants Turkey to decide the laws in Germany for instance.
>>
>>68766090
>Thats freedom
It isnt retard.
>>
>>68766085
You're free to complain, you're just making yourself look stupid when you say it's not democratic, Canadian
>>
>>68766116
You're being purposefully obtuse. They were LEGALLY ALLOWED TO SERVE ALCOHOL. Then because they didn't like the content of the movie they were LEGALLY allowed to show, they had to dig up a vague law that applies to strip clubs in order to find them.

Couldn't get them without some backdoor horseshit, if you don't have a problem with that please move to Utah and stay there. I don't want you in a non shitty state voting.
>>
>>68765796
> > The Mormon Church is 181 years old, and its adherents compose less than 2 percent of the U.S. population, according to a 2009 American Religious Identification Survey (ARIS). Yet Latter-Day Saints hold, or have held, a seemingly disproportionate number of top jobs at such major corporations as Marriott International (MAR), American Express, American Motors, Dell Computers (DELL), Lufthansa, Fisher-Price (MAT), Life Re, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu, Madison Square Garden, La Quinta Properties, PricewaterhouseCooper, and Stanley Black & Decker (SWK). The head of human resources at Citigroup is Mormon, and in 2010 Goldman Sachs (GS) hired 31 grads from BYU, the same number it hired from the University of Pennsylvania's Wharton School.

Everything is owned by Mormons they're the new Jews.
>>
>>68766188
CORRECTION:
>They WEREN'T legally allowed to serve alcohol
>They got away with it for a long time until someone finally reported their
>They were fined for their violation

I bet you don't even realize that one of the most importance cases in US obscenity law history is concerning a movie theater. But hey - even people like you who just parrot a news article without even knowing the history of law are allowed to vote. That's democracy.
>>
Does Utah still have a majority of Mormons?

Can you buy alcohol there or what?
>>
>>68764632
Some people go too far.
>>
File: BFT.jpg (684 KB, 2489x2144) Image search: [Google]
BFT.jpg
684 KB, 2489x2144
>>68765338
SS + GOMAD
>>
>>68765775
Fuck you and your little boipussy, you disgusting little catamite
>>
>>68766657
Enough non-Mormons have come to Utah that the liquor laws have loosened a lot. Liquor can only be bought at the state-run liquor stores and grocery stores can only sell 3.2 beer and wine.

Beer over 3.2 has to be brewed in Utah and can only be sold directly by the brewery or through the state liquor stores. Kegs of +3.2 can't be sold for private consumption, only to bars and restaurants.

If you bring in beer from out of state you can still be charged with bootlegging, even if it's just for your own personal consumption.
>>
I work in Utah for the ski season and I have to chuckle at all the old Mormons who complain about government overreach and personal liberty and yet consistently applaud Utah for its Nanny State policies.

Anyway, it's all changing. They decided they needed to attract more big companies for tax revenue but that means more non-Mormons moving to Utah and voting to change the Mormon laws.
>>
>>68766035

Whilst I think that the mormons controlling Utah is complete horseshit, it IS democratic. They do have a mandate to enforce those laws.
>>
>>68768612
>Liquor can only be bought at the state-run liquor stores

Is it good liquor at least?
>>
>>68768612
>Liquor can only be bought at the state-run liquor stores
Virginia is the same and they have their own police that beat niggers.
>>
>>68764835
gtfo dick masterson
>>
>>68763247

Mormons are worse than Jews.
>>
>>68770435

Hey, you leave PolygamyAnon alone..
>>
>>68769493
Yeah, it's the same liquor you can get anywhere else just higher priced because of government monopoly.
>>
>>68768612
That's pretty progressive. No alcohol in grocery stores here in puritan Pennsylvania
Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.