[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
man what happened to colbert
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 11
File: 1461630077810.png (504 KB, 748x597) Image search: [Google]
1461630077810.png
504 KB, 748x597
man what happened to colbert
>>
I dont understand this whitesplain or mansplain bullshit.
Ive never drowned but i can explain what it is and what its like, is that alivesplaining?
>>
>>68753993
Marketers just want to go viral. They will do anything or say anything to achieve this. What's a hot topic right now? What are some buzzwords we can use to get a viral clip shared over and over?

Don't worry about it. He's trying to make money.
>>
>>68753993
>mansplain
I'm all for diversity and all that but this is fucking disgusting
>>
white people and men tend to think their standards is everyone's standards and the best way when its not the same for everyone so a subjective view can be correct despite what they think

>ie most males aren't rapists but that doesn't mean women do not get sexually harassed/creeped on each day
>>
>people taking this shit 100% serious
Fucking chill, it's making funny of white people being super PC and also not "getting" black culture and shit, it's not the second fucking Holocaust.
>>
I miss when he did Harvey Birdman attorney at law
>>
>>68754228
Yes it is.
>>
Are his ratings still spiraling to shit?
>>
>>68754281
Why does that matter?
>>
>>68754230
I miss when he did Strangers With Candy
>>
>>68753993

I have to hand it to Beyonce's handlers. They manufactured this "controversy" perfectly.
>>
>>68754230
The show became a trainwreck after he left; killing hos other characters and keeping Phil but saying he had botch vocal chord surgery or some shit would have been better than what they did
>>
>>68754289
You start doing desperate things when your popularity (and potential revenue stream) starts to dry up.
>>
File: download.jpg (7 KB, 224x225) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7 KB, 224x225
>>68753993
>mfw all this progressive shit is just america's edgy son being mad after being told to set the table a couple times back in the 50's

we shouldn't be taught to hate this poor man
>>
>>68754125
Nope. He's a leftist who wears a Black Lives Matter wristband. He definitely has an ideology he's trying to expound.
>>
>>68754082
>Ive never drowned but i can explain what it is and what its like, is that alivesplaining?

saved for future arguments
>>
>>68754220

by criminals.

Do you support criminals? I guess you got lost in your own wordsmithing, tumblrista faggot
>>
File: image.gif (706 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
706 KB, 500x281
>>68753993
Stewart ran away to a pig farm because he knew that late night has become cancer incarnate.
>Ferguson, Letterman, Stewart all got pushed out, leaving Conan alone to be decent on a network nobody watches
>Wilmore, Bee, and Oliver all have far lesser versions of Stewart's old format
>Kimmel, Fallon, Cordan, and Colbert are all normie faggots with Leno-tier jokes, fake niceness, and endless product placement

Can we all agree the glory days of late night television are completely fucking dead? Soon Cavett will be dead af, too.
>>
Lemonade is a reference to piss and pissing during sex.

Spread the word, kurds.
>>
>>68754125
>>68754355
black lives matter is just another fake political stand used to generate popularity and make people feel good about themselves

it's all about the PR machine
>>
remember when he got cucked on his own show
>>
>>68754489
Youtube e-celebs are literally taking their spot as mindless comedic talking heads that you turn your brain off to watch.

You can tell their desperate to cling onto that shit too. I mean Conan's doing those Clueless Gamer videos.
>>
>>68753993
he's always been a liberal shill, but now being an extreme liberal is "normal" so he can turn it up to 11 where before he kept it at 6-7.
>>
>>68754568
they're*
>>
>>68754220
thats the funny thing
THEY FUCKING DONT

but bored people like to think they are something special. same as the other kids who thinks there isnt a single day without some jewish tricks
>>
>>68754391
>criminals

yeah the cashier who is getting too handsy but not breaking a law or that shouting cat calls in the street making you feel like a target is gonna get thrown in the courtroom

just shut up retard
>>
>>68754568
IMO Ferguson was the last one in the vein of Carson to try to breathe some life into it. Actually brought on guests they wanted and did the jokes they wanted, even getting to be honest and frank when they wanted to. Corden strikes me as the worst, driving around singing shitty songs with Adele
>>
>>68754220
most Reddit comment of all time?

No, actually, many white men, who did no more to be born that way than someone did to be a woman or black or what have you, were created with a capacity for empathy in order to understand others better. Sometimes they express their opinion, and that's not mansplaining. In fact, that word is the equivalent of saying a woman is bitching, except that's not PC anymore.

And lots of women exaggerate. Cat calling? Yeah that's so bad. Sticks and stones.
>>
File: 1461423798610.jpg (480 KB, 1000x923) Image search: [Google]
1461423798610.jpg
480 KB, 1000x923
>>68754220
>>
>>68753993
I always thought Colbert was satire. Now he's just sad and tired.
>>
>>68754220
>let me enjoy the fruits of 100's of years of labor from the white man every day of my life

>now let me tell you about how wrong and incorrect the white man is

Hint, when you say and think things like what you just typed, you're actually a huge racist.

Just because being racist against white people is currently in vogue and being pushed by the liberal media doesn't mean you're not a racist.
>>
>>68754554
It's a George Soros funded effort to whip blacks into a frenzy. And it's working.
>>
>>68754489
>Soon Cavett will be dead af, too.

fuck off, that wasn't necessary at all

he's going to live forever just like gene wilder and tom waits
>>
>>68754489
I miss Ferguson. He knew how to tickle my funny bone.
>>
>>68755159
It was meant to keep the American press busy as the migrant invasion happened.

He funded that thing too.
>>
>>68754696
>men being predatory and creepy
or
>some sort of jewish machinations and fabricated sexual violence all over the world

lol stay on /pol/

>>68754841
>white men
>empathy

lol it's the race that committed the most genocide and oppression in the world. stop whitewashing yourself as noble heroes when you were shits lining up your coffers and killing off anyone different.

>>68754964
>random nonsensical image thinking it means something
I see I triggered your /pol/ word salad

>>68755114
>white man
>labor

lol whites couldn't even pick their own cotton. most of "white history" has been leeched from the blood, resources and work of other peoples. stop trying to retcon history you sociopathic shits.
>>
>>68753993
God damn, I am so glad that I don't know what the fuck any of this is about.
>>
>>68755450
>it's the race
Race is a social construct
>most genocide and oppression in the world
Mongols
>>
File: 1459599217931.png (498 KB, 1600x1048) Image search: [Google]
1459599217931.png
498 KB, 1600x1048
>>68755450
You really enjoy correcting people on the internet don't you
>>
>>68755524
Me too.
>>
>>68754489
is Meyers the best one?
>>
File: Dread - mine.png (579 KB, 700x1309) Image search: [Google]
Dread - mine.png
579 KB, 700x1309
>>68753993
>"she should be in charge of the CIA"
>"they could call it the BeyonCIA"
>5 people politely laugh including the (black) drummer/backup host
>random applause occurs (to cover up the shit response)
>Colbert proceeds to pound it out with the drummer
It's like I'm watching a fucking parody of Late Nights shows.
>>
Mansplaining is pretty retarded as a concept in general.

We already got something like that and it's called interrupting. But that's too neutral these days so they give it a new word and boom. You got yourself a spicy new word that fits with your agenda.
>>
File: 1461293369616.png (246 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1461293369616.png
246 KB, 400x400
>>68755450
Does your life only consist of being an SJW on the internet? Do you wake up in the morning knowing that you have to go on a Chinese paperclip board and reply to everyone that doesn't adhere to your mediawashed opinions?

"Well I told 6 people to go back to /pol/ today my job is done here, time to go back to my subreddit echo chamber"
>>
>>68755932
Do you really have to throw down reality at them? I don't think it would make any difference to sjw's.
>>
>>68755450
I'm not even /pol/ but seriously you should fuck off back to Tumblr. If I wanted to read this shit I'd go anywhere else on the internet
>>
>>68753993
I actually like seeing the more ridiculous aspects of sjw insanity surfacing in real life. The more people that see this crap, the faster the traditionalist backlash will come.

I mean what kind of human being sees the word "white-mansplaining" and doesn't immediately think it must be a joke because of how incredibly stupid it is.
>>
>>68755450
Seriously get the fuck back to tumblr, the worst race in the history of humanity are mongols, those were ruthless motherfuckers
>>
i never expected this shit to leak out of tumblr and gawker
>>
>>68754696
Every time I walk somewhere with my sister cars honk at her, and fat old men visibly turn around to look at her ass. At parties there is a guy every 2 minutes going up to her and complimenting her tits then I have to chase them away

She isn't even that good looking
>>
>>68754308

are u fucking high right now? stephen colbert was the only person to voice phil ken sebben
>>
>>68753993

Can we say that Colbert has officially began the process of being JUST?
>>
>>68753993
he's just another naive guy who can't handle the hollywood echo chamber and so is driven further and further away from a hard sense of reality
>>
>>68756838
My point was it would almost be better to replace him with another voice and come up with a lame reason, then to write him out and try and continue on seeing as S4 is so far below the rest of the seasons in quality.
>>
>>68755450
>lol whites couldn't even pick their own cotton. most of "white history" has been leeched from the blood, resources and work of other peoples. stop trying to retcon history you sociopathic shits.

Ok. this needs to stop. Prehapsthat statement might apply to the american south where you possibly reside but how dare you accuse white people leeching of the world since time began.

Most of 'white' people, (which incedently, is far more a diverse peoples than you give credit for, see:europe) had to go through centuries of bloodshed and enligtenment to travel this world and most likely bring your sorry excuse for an ancestor to the americas.

Its a blanket statement of such ignorance that it'll make idiots burn history books that say the contrary in the future if your not careful. You'll remember that part of white people's history i bet.
>>
>>68754082
They're terms to discredit someone's argument when you have no argument yourself. A staple of identity politics.
>>
>>68757352
He's probably american so ofcourse he knows shit all about history
>>
File: das it mane.jpg (64 KB, 500x494) Image search: [Google]
das it mane.jpg
64 KB, 500x494
>>68754230
Harvey Birdman was true greatness.
>>
>>68755450
>most of "white history" has been leeched from the blood, resources and work of other peoples. stop trying to retcon history you sociopathic shits.
You do realize other nations that weren't white had slaves too, right?
>>
>>68754082
You ever try to teach a guy how to play a game? You tell him, oh square is soft attack, triangle is hard attack, dodge with the stick, black with circle, jump with X.

But then you try to teach a girl a game and you're like: just use triangle and move away when they attack. It's a condescending way at explaining something either by simplifying it or talking really slowly like you're talking to a child.
>>
>>68757531
Of course not it doesnt fit the narrative
>>
Anyone think that we could've had a whole generation of kids grow up not thinking about race, but by doing shit like this, we're only futhering racism?
>>
>>68757553
I say the second to idiots, mostly women but lads too
>>
>>68754125
Only correct answer.
>>
>>68754220

> People believing this

You seems to have typed www.reddit.com wrong
>>
>>68757967
Thanks, Obama!
>>
>>68753993
that shit was funny. quit baiting faggot.
"let me portray a caricature of a white man"
>adjusts glasses, while wearing an expensive suit and tie
"okay"
shit was based. you faggots need to get off /pol/
>>
>>68757967
>Anyone think that we could've had a whole generation of kids grow up not thinking about race

I used to think this, but it's not true. Without the race baiting shit middle class people would likely grow up not even thinking twice about race, but anyone who actually lives around black people is going to end up racist. Can't do anything about that unfortunately.
>>
>>68753993
Colbert always pandered to shameful guilt ridden college kids.
>>
Holy shit this is sad. I'm glad his career is going down the toilet.
>>
>>68755450
>everyone who disagrees with me is from /pol/
>This is what redditors and tumblrinas actually believe
>>
>>68758290
Yeah man, fuck whitey! Haha, ya'll time is over oppressors.
>>
File: image.jpg (128 KB, 1350x1050) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
128 KB, 1350x1050
Fuck cultural marxism.

Thank God for Trump
>>
>>68757967
>>68758313
It's from a guy who does video game reviews, so that it however you choose, but i always liked this quote:
>You know what? A society where anyone can make jokes about anyone else and everyone laughs is a truly tolerant society. Political correctness-charged censorship only serves to engender resentment and distance between social groups
>>
File: 1397782116272.png (136 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1397782116272.png
136 KB, 250x250
>>68758872
>the "cultural marxism" meme again.
>>
>>68753993
man sjws are so fucking bigoted
>>
File: 1461140604909.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1461140604909.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>68757553
>You know people who don't know the basics to 3rd person combat for the last 20 years

Shit, even my wife who never played a video game until a few years ago knows to just mash the buttons when she picks up the controller to see what does what.

Are American women really this fucking stupid?
>>
>>68758908
>You know what? A society where anyone can make jokes about anyone else and everyone laughs is a truly tolerant society. Political correctness-charged censorship only serves to engender resentment and distance between social groups

pretty good quote
>>
>>68754489

Stewart wanted to quit, who are you kidding? you've never seen a guy happier than getting his life back. They were throwing the sink at him trying to get him to stay instead of retiring. Stewart is the anti-leno
>>
>>68757553

I always use the first one, and as it usualy fails with idiots I go to the second one.

But yeah 99% of women won't know what his hard attack or soft attack, or the concept of dodge in a video game

Heck some will need to look up the controller to see where the little triangle is

it's not called mainsplainning it's called optimizing.
>>
>>68759367
>American
No, that's just women in general; my gf was in danger of breaking my GameCube controller when we played Smash Bros together, she was mashing the controller that hard.
>>
>>68759756
No, it's called you're a sexist piece of shit.
>>
>>68758967
Great argument. This is 100% a SJW jewry propaganda series

>Tyrion Lannister-
male with disability, unthreatening, allowed power, good guy!
>Jaime Lannister-
crippled male, unthreatening (good), rapist male (bad), grey character!
>Cersei Lannister-
stronk sympathetic female character, brave mother
>Daenerys Targaryen-
Super stronk independent female leader, true queen!
>Jon Snow-
illegitimate male character, but has to die because strong white male. (pretty boy tho) Opened the globalist wall so good guy now. Will be back
>Davos Seaworth-
powerless and comes from poverty, unthreatening so good guy!
>Melisandre-
wise intelligent stronk female character
>Margaery Tyrell-
punished independent stronk female character
>Ellaria Sand-
super cunning independent stronk female character
>Sansa Stark-
stronnnk female survivor character
>Arya Stark-
stronk punished female heroine
>Lord Varys-
unthreatening mutilated male character, good guy!
>Theon Greyjoy-
unthreatening mutilated male character with PTSD, good guy
>Brienne of Tarth
stronkest and most independent woman in the realm
>High Sparrow
strong white religious man? Threatening AND with power? Bad guy. Homophobic and sexist too
>Daario Naharis
strong white male, role is boytoy, not allowed power so unthreatening, good guy.
>Roose Bolton
strong white male with power? Threatening. Murderer and rapist. Bad guy
>Ramsay Bolton
strong white male thus illegitimacy, rapist, torturer, murderer
>Jorah Mormont
cuck. powerless. so good guy!
>Alliser Thorne
strong white male, so threatening bad guy
>Eddison Tollett
white male but quippy side character without power, so good guy
>Doran Martell
male character with power? Weakness means death
>Areo Hotah
PoC male character without power? Good, oh shit he's super strong? die.
>Podrick Payne
powerless white male, loyal ally to women! Unthreatening good guy
>Stannis
Strong. Righteous. Noble. Trump-ish. Thus villifed before killed by a stronk woman
>>
>>68760005
Are you lost?
>>
>>68760068
Holy fuck, man do you even realize what thread you're in? Protip: It isn't a Game of Thrones thread or a thread on /pol/.
>>
>>68760068
>Cersei Lannister
paranoid "crazy" leader out for her and her children
>Daenerys Targaryen
paranoid "crazy" leader out for her own good
>Melisandre
paranoid "witch" killing children for no reason
>Margaery Tyrell
paranoid "manipulator" using sex for power
>Sansa Stark
literally no character just a girl going through the motions
>Arya Stark
the only strong female character who happens to be criticized (in the show) for being too manly
>>
>b-b-but SJWs aren't mainstream they are literally only on tumblr and occasionally on university campuses and definitely not writing and presenting material on the nation's most watched politics show!
>>
>>68755450
>people like this exists
>people like this really really exist
BUT I known this is just bait because this is /tv/ and nothing can be serious in this place.
3/10.
>>
>>68755450
Stop using white technology, AKA all technology and go live in your mudhut safe space you ridiculous scum.
>>
>>68759372
>You know what? A society where the jew and the negro are completely destroyed and everyone laughs is a truly great society. Political correctness-charged censorship only serves to bring on the race war and gas the kikes.
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.