[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So... thoughts on this Masterpiece?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: southland-tales.30982.jpg (266 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
southland-tales.30982.jpg
266 KB, 1000x1500
So... thoughts on this Masterpiece?
>>
I honestly liked it. I thought it was a solid attempt at putting lynchian surrealism into a regular hollywood format, with some terry gilliam-ish stuff thrown in. not bad at all.
>>
never seen
just checked trailer
gonna watch it now
>>
>>68753963

it was Phillip K Dick worship
>>
One of the worst movies I have ever seen
>>
File: refreshing.jpg (82 KB, 520x520) Image search: [Google]
refreshing.jpg
82 KB, 520x520
I really, really like it, but I can understand why people hate it.
>>
And God wiped away the tears from his eyes, so the new Messiah could see out to the new Jerusalem. His name was Officer Roland Taverner, of Hermosa Beach, California. My best friend. He is a pimp. And pimps don't commit suicide
>>
File: 1454108862840.webm (3 MB, 1280x534) Image search: [Google]
1454108862840.webm
3 MB, 1280x534
Literally kino.
>>
>>68753853
Wait... They did a movie together that ISN'T The Rundown?
>>
>>68754354
OP here, get fucked Rundownfag
>>
>>68754401
Well the hostility was unnecessary
>>
Extremely shit movie, one of the worst I've seen.
>>
Those that like this film should really seek out the Cannes cut thats floating around. Very interesting
>>
>>68753853
Another movie with the rock and stiffler?

Why
>>
Seems likely that so many facets of the movie probably stemmed from rants and musings that went into a journal. A journal he forcibly mashed into a script simply so that he force into the public conscious the phrase "Pimps don't commit suicide"
Somehow, the clusterfuck is charming.
>>
fuck me this movie was like 3 hours long and it felt like about 6 hours

i had no idea what was happening for most of it either

it was kind of like a weird dream you have in movie form
>>
Saw it in the theater, but forgot all about it. I remember thinking it wasn't as bad as everyone made it out be at the time. Maybe I should watch it again? If I do, should I look for the Cannes version? How different is it?
>>
>>68754045

Oh yeah now that you say it.. never thought about that but it makes sense.
>>
>>68754246
>i'm tough as shit
>how do i look like a neruotic weeny?
>shit, im at a fucking loss bro

and then he does that stupid cartoony finger dance shit
and then his normie friends eat it up
>>
>>68753853

Loved it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfxKichbdTE
>>
>>68757312

Its a modern retelling of revelations pleb.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.