[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So the blade was poisoned with the Dornish version of elephant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 7
File: Areohotah-s5e2~01.jpg (453 KB, 1583x1331) Image search: [Google]
Areohotah-s5e2~01.jpg
453 KB, 1583x1331
So the blade was poisoned with the Dornish version of elephant tranquilizer right?

Or she knew to strike at exactly the right pressure point that would completely immobilize him. Right?

Because that's the only explanation I can think of.
>>
>>68740367
She stabbed him in the fucking spine. If she managed to get it in between one of his vertebrae, she would've severed his spinal cord. Instantly taking his legs out from him and possibly shutting down activity to his brain and lungs.
>>
>>68740367
A better question is, WHY THE FUCK would a guard turn his back to a KNOWN assassin who was in prison not long ago?

I've guarded clubs before, it's common sense to always turn your back to walls.
>>
>>68740478

Do you even know how hard youd need to stab to get through the spine of a 100kg man?

Dont be silly.

The only explanation is magic.
>>
>>68740493
Also he was apparently the only guard in all of Dorne still loyal to Doran.
>>
>>68740564
This.

She looks like she stabs with all the force 6th grade badminton player. It also looked like she stabbed wildly in desperation.

It might have worked if the showed her working the knife under his armor and ramming forward using her legs or grabbing him to gain leverage. But that wouldn't look like complete shit so it was cut.

Even the actor looks like he can barely muster enough preofessionalism to make it through the shot.

>Big respectable guy
>Get cast as one of the greatest warriors in Westeros
>read script
>AAAGHH SAVE ME DORAN
>>
File: image.jpg (608 KB, 1829x2557) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
608 KB, 1829x2557
>>68740367
Also he seems to wear a brigandine.
>>
>>68740367
>stabs him in the spine
LOL HOW DID SHE KILL THAT BIG GUY SO EASILY? XD
fucking normies

GET
OUT!
>>
>>68741058

>tiny girl stabs hulking nigger in the spine through boiled leather

go away you retard
>>
>>68741129
Probably even metal f it's a brigandine
>>
>>68740367
>The people of Dorne hate you

Have we even seen a single person that wasn't in the palace or didn't work for the palace?
>>
>>68740367
Remember that story of Christopher Lee describing that when people are stabbed in the back they actually do not make any noise except for the air in the lungs being exhaled out of their body?
>>
>>68741559
I doubt he ever stabbed a giga nigga in armor.

>it's Christopher fucking Lee so maybe he did
>>
>>68740603
Good thing they pulled out "DORNISH HATE COWARDS AS RULERS" out of their ass and screamed it over and over during the scene for it to make sense that royal guards are ok with a lesser born bastard woman killing the fucking Martell line off.
>>
>>68740367
PIINOOOOOOOOT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOIR
>>
I'm really getting tired of this shit trope.

>Oh man, our lord was just slain. We will simply stand by and watch as he is killed because we never really liked them at all! Now we'll let the villain/assassin speak to them as they die and not kick up a fuss about a new ruler.
>>
>>68741473
We haven't seen any people or buildings in Dorne that aren't the water gardens.

Even fucking backgrounds or ANYTHING. Fucking Jaime and Bronn just rolled off the ocean into the fucking Water Gardens.
>>
>>68741675

Christopher Lee was a secret agent in Africa during WWII, including Rhodesia, South Africa and Egypt.

You better believe he stabbed a giga nigga.
>>
>>68740795
If the blade is extremely sharp it would slide through his back like butter.

Also, this girl is literally a trained adn famed assassin, pretty sure she knows what to do to kill someone of any size in one stab.
>>
File: image.jpg (248 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
248 KB, 1080x1920
>>68741964
Fucking bullshit you fucking stupid bitch

You're that English woman in the coffee shop saying you could disarm a cop with a level 3 holster and shoot up The Starbucks.

Go wash your smelly ammonia cunt woman
>>
File: Arnold-Schwarzenegger-Back.jpg (72 KB, 609x385) Image search: [Google]
Arnold-Schwarzenegger-Back.jpg
72 KB, 609x385
>>68742082
Have you seen what a surgical scalpel does to human tissue?

You have a legitimate gripe concernign the way the killing was portrayed, they should have used a better angle, emphasized the blade and the precision/power of the blow more and made it obvious her intent was to go for the spine.

But saying a blade cant get through the layers of human above the spine is ridiculous.

There isn't even any large muscles over the spine. It basically a layer of fat.
pic related
>>
>>68742082
Lelrandom =/= wit
>>
>>68742295
>>68742357
What are you two numales even doing here?
Surely there's a subreddit you'd both enjoy?
>>
>>68740367

It's called getting stabbed in the heart, ya dangus.

Feryurhealth
>>
>>68740478
Judging from where she took the blade out it looked more like he was stabbed in his left shoulder.
>>
Stabbing anyone in the spine will immobilize anyone, even the great Areo Hotah

I'll miss ya Areo Speedwagon. Arys Oakheart was a faggot
>>
>>68741964
>knife sliding through giganigga bone and armor like butter

yeah lmao and knights fought by slicing through each others' steel breastplates with their swords
>>
>>68742494
/tv/ anatomy.
"He was shot in the shoulder" *just above the heart*
>>
>>68742295
I am a professional boner.
>inb4 XD
My job is cutting up cattle. Scalpel blade whilst sharp cant be used in slaughter because the blade is too thin. There is no leverage in the steel like a boning knife. For cutting through spines we use a machine, a large electric saw and even that is hard work. I don't know what the spine are made of in your med school fantasy but I deal with cow spines daily and they are damn tough.

1/10
>>
>>68740564
nigeria please. she is a trained killer, and no doubt knows how to stick it to a big negro.
>>
>>68742443
Great random comment, newfriend.

:^)
>>
>>68740478
A stab in the spine wouldn't take out his brain functions and breathing

And he was stabbed in the shoulder
>>
>>68741407
enough of your briganidne
>>
Maybe she went between the ribs and hit the heart.
No blood to the brain and you're unconscious in 3 seconds.
>>
File: heart location.png (252 KB, 391x478) Image search: [Google]
heart location.png
252 KB, 391x478
>>68743622
That was nowhere near the heart
>>
>>68743533
> implying a 400lb soldier stabbed in the shoulder falls aimlessly and dies
>>
>>68743678
That's why it's so stupid
>>
>>68743672
I wasn't paying attention at that point.

Maybe it was just shit tv.
>>
>>68743729
That's exactly what it was
>>
>>68743201
>>68742295

Get fucking rekt son
>>
>>68744428
Want to know how I know you're female?
>>
>>68740564
It's a tv show not real life you fucking autist
>>
>>68740564

you know how hard and fast you need to stab to go through and make a perfect hole in a human skull?

This show is just retarded
>>
>>68740367
Poison doesn't kill people in 2 seconds. Even the most venomous snakes in the world can take minutes before it's poison takes effect.
>>
well if she severed his spine like she obviously did he would instantly become paralyzed from the chest down and if she hit his heart he would also die instantly and also pulling the knife wont help either
>>
>>68743533

If done right, it absolutely would. For example, when you hang yourself you're not strangling yourself, you're meant to drop from a height high enough to sever your spinal colum causing an internal decapitation.
>>
>>68743201
>professional boner
heh
>>
>>68745594
That's at the brainstem, not the spinal cord
>>
>>68740367
after butchering alot of big animals, i can tell you that if you know how to slide the knife a little, cutting the spine isn't hard.
>>
>>68745657

You're right. My mistake.
>>
>>68741559

I've seen being stabbed to death on liveleak, they fight and scream like a mother fucker
>>
>>68745694
I butchered a big animal with my boner knife, it was your mom
>>
>gets stabbed in the side while wearing some sort of leather cuirass by a small girl with a small dagger, dead instantly
>Doran gets stabbed through clothe right in the fucking heart and lives juuust long enough for the big dramatic "WOMYN STRONG MEN NO RULE NO MORE"

Are we supposed to be rooting for the sand sluts? did doran or trystane ever do anything to make people dislike them?
>>
neck would have been more appropriate. blood loss, suffocation, etc. no way to really do anything once you've got a blade shoved through your neck.

a long knife can miss all vitals though--bullets do it all the time, and people walk around fully aware for long periods of time after being shot multiple times due to the fact that no major arteries or vital systems were punctured.
>>
>>68745906
They didn't wage a war that they would have lost badly because their feelings got hurt
>>
>>68745906
>did doran or trystane ever do anything to make people dislike them?

DAILY MANDATORY PENIS INSPECTIONS BY A 8FT HIGH NIGGER WITH A HUGE KNIFE
>>
>>68745906
Not when the nobles realize how much they fail at ruling and the fact they have no legitimate claim to rule they'll rebel and they'll most likely be raped and killed
>>
>>68740367
This scene was so stupid. Everyone in this fucking show is a retard now except for the eunuch.
>>
File: 1457531769347.jpg (308 KB, 1124x1024) Image search: [Google]
1457531769347.jpg
308 KB, 1124x1024
>>68740367
>ITT people forget what happens when you puncture someones lung
>Yes faggots even an upper portion ofnone
>>
>>68746784
You'd go into respiratory distress, and he was stabbed in the latismus dorsi
>>
>>68746784
You don't die instantly and drop like a sack of dead meat. Eat shit retard.
>>
>>68746916
keep arguing about the realism of your gay fantasy show
>>
>>68746995
The show used to try to make sense. That's what made it exceptional.
>>
WE WUZ DORNISH AND SHET

I swear he was white when I read his chapters in the book
>>
>>68746995
you think that wasn't already going to happen, fagget?
>>
>>68747108
YOURE GAY
>>
>>68747046
Name ONE time the show has ever made sense
>>
>>68740367
She stabbed him in the suspension of disbelief lobe, instantly killing him
>>
>>68740367
>So the blade was poisoned with the Dornish version of elephant tranquilizer right?
nigs aren't powerful bulls, im sorry your cuck programming told you otherwise
>>
>>68749406
>that knee-jerk projection

wew lad
>>
>>68740367
You're all fucking retards.

Look up Fairbarn Sykes and his knife. She stabbed him in the kidneys, which is the most painful area to be stabbed. He wouldn't have been able to respond.
>>
>>68749234
Underrated
>>
>>68750834
I didn't realize the kidneys were that high up
>>
>try to run a kingdom with muh warrior-assassin women only
>kill off all the useful men with good genes
???

stupid bitches really can't be expected to think things through, can they?
>>
She stabbed him with a job application pen. That's the only explanation why a giant nigga like him would go down so fast
>>
>>68752535

creative, I like it.
>>
>>68751570
looks high up because the slut was a womanlet and Hotah is a big guy
>>
>>68749234
Best comment ever. Most accurate as well. XD
>>
File: s4d89f.gif (4 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
s4d89f.gif
4 MB, 320x240
>>68749234
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.