[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: we craft the meme trilogy canon of >>>/film/ i.e.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: file.png (79 KB, 220x308) Image search: [Google]
file.png
79 KB, 220x308
ITT: we craft the meme trilogy canon of >>>/film/

i.e. somewhat entry level film that is still capable of scaring off the pleb hordes that are sure to show up

pic related is a good candidate with great meme potential
>>
>>68740251

Satantango is genuinely amazing though
>>
>>68740334
I didnt say it was bad
the /lit/ meme trilogy equivelent would be gravity's rainbow
>>
>>68740396

I don't know if I'd describe Satantango as entry-level film, nor would I describe Gravity's Rainbow as entry-level lit
>>
la region centrale
>>
>>68740461
If you dont think satantango is entry level you do not have a place on /film/ kindly watch more film before you post
thank you
>>
>>68740251
>7.5 hours
How are you expected to watch this? Would love to give it a shot, but 4-5 hours is my limit and I don't like breaking it up into numerous viewing sessions.
>>
>>68740619
It's entry level in that it's not hard to be aware of.

But it's far from the entry level of accessibility
>>
>>68740761

I've watched it 3 times
>>
>>68740251
Maybe something by a well known director that is arguably his best, but gets more mixed reviews.

Actually I'm not sure in how many cases this works, but I was thinking specifically of Eyes Wide Shut
>>
/lit/'s "meme trilogy" is known as such for being so consistently described there as being the best examples of literature, they noticed this trend and made a joke out of it.

/tv/ is too much of a multicultural cesspool to ever come to a consistent conclusion on the best films for people to watch. We're like the Toronto of 4chan.
>>
>>68740761
>>68740936
>>68740986

your applications to /film/ has been denied reapply next month
>>
>>68741033
I honestly wished they actually did this, even if you did just deny me.
>>
>>68741230
It is needed
>>
File: 34_box_348x490_original.jpg (56 KB, 348x490) Image search: [Google]
34_box_348x490_original.jpg
56 KB, 348x490
>>68740251
Andrei Rublev is god tier pleb repellent.
>>
>>68740251
Blue by Jarman
>>
>>68740251
-Bresson is the ultimate pleb filter (A Man Escaped doesn't count)
-Something like Ordet or Gertrud
-Naruse
-RW Fassbinder
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.