[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>It's a good thing you're not a boy anymore... because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4
File: shot0002.jpg (62 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
shot0002.jpg
62 KB, 720x404
>It's a good thing you're not a boy anymore... because you have no cock.

Not even kidding: what did he mean by this?

Also:
>Danaerys Targerian took away the most valuable property: told them human beings weren't even property to begin with. You can see why they're unhappy.

Giving a most beloved character horribly clunky dialogue: are they trying to soften the blow for when they kill him off?
>>
it's the Essos storyline, you're not supposed to take it seriously
>>
>>68731191
I like how Varys didn't even dignify his bullshit with a response. Ungrateful little quipman.
>>
>>68731191
My guess is that boys think with their cocks, so it's Good Varys doesnt have that problem.
>>
File: b.jpg (7 KB, 172x200) Image search: [Google]
b.jpg
7 KB, 172x200
>you're not a boy anymore because you have no cock
shitlords
>>
>>68731248
The entire show would be better if the entire Essos storyline didn't even exist desu
>>
>>68731248
>>68731390
What's wrong with Essos? Can you plebs not handle anything that's not your medieval castles?
>>
>>68731191
>>It's a good thing you're not a boy anymore... because you have no cock.
>Not even kidding: what did he mean by this?

Literally bantz.
>>
Tyrion is supposed to be sarcrastic, witty and intelligent but he has the people who brought you snek and bad pussy writing his dialogue. It doesn't have to make sense if it plays towards his expected character. The dialogue in this show is so lazy and confused. It ruined all of Dany last season and it's making Tyrion one of the worst characters in the show.
>>
>>68731191
I really dont get how the people are that unhappy about not having slavery anymore. I mean the old dude from last season was totally understandable, because he was used to it and didnt have anything else. But why would the average ex-slave hate her?
>>
>>68731339
Now I have a serious question please, why does GRRM think castrastion involves removing the penis? Varys, Theon and the Unsullied are all described as having their cocks removed.....for what? That's not what being a eunuch means, at all.
>>
>>68731191
Aren't cock jokes something you grow out of some time before you leave puberty?

The line seemed terribly juvenile to me as well. Very stupid and out of place.
>>
>>68731569
>In China, castration included removal of the penis as well as the testicles. Both organs were cut off with a knife at the same time.[30][31][32][33]
>>
>>68731569
There are two types of castration. Normal balls and "root and stem" which is cock and balls.
Varys had his dick removed cause it was a sacrifice; the guy that did it didn't even intend for him to stay alive.
Unsullied get their cocks cut off so they can't have sex or reproduce, they're just obeying machines.

>>68731540
It's much more complicated and nuanced in the books. But they've butchered Meereen so much in the show that it literally doesn't even make sense at this point.
>>
>>68731569
>Varys
>Unsullied
>cocks removed
isnt that made ambigious in the show?
>>
>>68731381
Ah, that actually makes some sense. In regards to coherence at least. But boy is it bad writing
>>
>>68731742
>isnt that made ambigious in the show?
Lmao no. Every fucking scene they bring it up to show how edgy they are
>>
>>68731742
In the show I think the unsullied only have the ball removal kind, but varys keep getting "oui you got a gash between u legs, m8!!!???" comments.
>>
>>68731569
>why does GRRM think castrastion involves removing the penis?
It doesn't, though you will become impotent shortly afterwards

>That's not what being a eunuch means, at all.
That's different to castration, and yes, that's pretty much the dictionary defenition: man with no cock or balls
>>
>>68731569

they questioned if the unsullied lose everything or just their balls in the show and by all logic it should just be their balls being able to piss standing is helpful for soldiers, varys was castrated by some dark magic dude and probably did take everything (guy was doing blood magic not making varys "tame" by removing his testosterone alone), and theon was tortured and humiliated so again it wasn't just to get rid of his testosterone it was to remove his dick actually he probably still has his balls so he still wants sex but has no dick its far more cruel.
>>
>>68731714
>>68731733
Oh I seriously didn't know this. Thank you for not bullying, friends.
>>
>>68731569
Remove the balls because testosterone, and removing fertility are physical effects of such a procedure, for whatever reason.

Even if a man with balls could still be effeminate, gay, or sterile - but his cock is still a badge of honor, or for other uses, a toy for others.

You remove a man's cock, you remove his honor, pride, and every last remaining identity as a man.

Now, in context of the show, I doubt any of the castrated characters ONLY had their cocks removed - im sure it's all Ken doll down there - consider the motivations of someone ordering or performing a castration. They'll just lop it all off, they're not going to take the time to ensure your cock is intact.
>>
>>68731803
>>68731813
Ah, Ok. I thought Varys just gets a lot of banter
>>
>>68731733

you cant reproduce without balls dude, they can have a dick and no balls and be the obeying machines they need to be just fine.
>>
the bigger problem with penis removal in the middle ages would be peeing imo, you would have to keep the wound from growing shut.
i dont know how advanced they are but i doubt they have urinary catheters.
>>
>>68731697
i'm going to excuse him
he is a dwarf afterall
>>
>>68731714
>>68731733
>In ancient times, castration often involved the total removal of all the male genitalia. This involved great danger of death due to bleeding or infection and, in some states, such as the Byzantine Empire, was seen as the same as a death sentence. Removal of only the testicles had much less risk

Wouldn't it be too risky, at least for the unsullied and theon, they're needed alive by their castrators, seems pointless and edgy to me.
>>
>>68731191
>S1 Distinctive dothraki culture, a kind of medieval, Mongolian culture
>S6
>dude what do u think her pussy hair is like
>I fucked ur grandma dude lol
>seeing a naked women definitely top 5 things bro

They aren't even trying to write dialogue that doesn't break the 4th wall anymore.
>>
>>68731538
I still cringe every time 'I'm going to break the wheel' plays in the promos. Such a stupid line.
>>
>>68732330
But that was a sick dharma reference bro.
>>
>>68732259
>>>seeing a naked women definitely top 5 things bro
yeah this one was so fucking weird in the context of a medieval fantasy thing lmao
>>
>>68731191

>makes a shitty dick joke
>explains said shitty dick joke

Tyrion Lannister the witty banter master
>>
>>68731191
hes not a cis man anymore so hes not threatning
>>
>>68731540
the same reason some people cant live outside of prison after they been there for a while
>>
File: ayyyyyyyy.png (129 KB, 550x376) Image search: [Google]
ayyyyyyyy.png
129 KB, 550x376
>>
Did they ever find that cock merchant
>>
>>68731191
>are they trying to soften the blow for when they kill him off?
I hope so. Tyrion became extremely annoying. Literally le meme man with shitty dialogue that is supposed to be witty, but is actually just cringe-inducing at this point.
>>
>>68731904
I think you're missing the point of what it means to be Unsullied. If you still have a cock, you can have sex or get it sucked. Not having balls AND cock means you cannot have any sexual stimulation unless you're into ass play I guess

That's why they're robbed of it.

>>68732101
In the books it's explained that the slave masters of Astapor are so good at making eunuchs that it's almost an art; the mortality rate is pretty low for them. And even if some die, they don't care; there are countless more slaves they can turn into unsullied.
>>
>>68732101
The Unsullied training is laughable fantasy bullshit.

>Castrate prepubescant boys
>Drug prepubescant boys into trance
>Take away their names and give them new names by lottery every day (completely impractical, what if one was injured and had to see a physician multiple times? Finding him would be a nightmare)
>Train them all day every day as well as force them to buy a puppy and raise it correctly
>then get them to kill the puppy once they're physically matured to show they're heartless
>then get them to go buy a baby in the market and kill it in front of its mother
>tons of them die but who cares, just buy more little boys from somewhere(?)

It's all just outrageously impractical - a dumb thing Martin cobbled together as a clumsy parable to that old myth about SS officers strangling a puppy on their last day of training.
>>
>>68731733
>complicated
>nuanced
you mean tedious, overwritten and ultimately inconsequential. Honestly you low iq bookfags are fucking delusional, asoiaf is not high art and it's not even decent novels. The show is genuinely an improvement over the books cutting out the meaningless shit and tightening the narrative. There's a reason the show wins emmy's and critical acclaim while the books were obscure before the obese untalented fat pig was writing himself into a corner. D&D are cleaning up George's mess
>>
>>68731766

You're so unintelligent that you somehow didn't "get" that line and you think you're qualified to say what is or isn't bad writing?
>>
>>68734212
I can agree with almost all of that except for that the show's better.

Martin should have hired a ghost writer for ASOIAF. Someone who is actually good at prose. At the very least he needed a much shorter leash from his editor, some of the shit he puts in the books is just incredible.

Someone post that quote from GoT where Martin describes how the trumpets sound.
>>
>>68734212
The books may be shit, but post-S1 show may be even worse.
>>
File: and it was delicious.jpg (45 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
and it was delicious.jpg
45 KB, 720x404
>>68731191
being a man in his forties, wouldn't he also be no boy anymore if he still had his penis?

hilarious line anyway, it had the word 'cock' in it. Sooo funny!
>>
>>68734341
Season 2 was excellent, and Seasons 3 and 4 were pretty good too, only owing to the quality of the source material though.
>>
>>68732101
>seems pointless and edgy to me.

That's GOT in a nutshell, m8
>>
>>68734348

That's the joke. A joke that was too sophisticated for you. Becoming ridiculous noticing the pattern that literally every single person who criticizes this show is less intelligent than pets people own.
>>
>>68732101
Yeah, but it gives GRRM lots of excuses to talk about dicks.
>>
>>68734212
>plot lines introduced in the last-released book is "ultimately inconsequential"

do you even fucking listen to yourself? go back to the wiki you cunt
>>
Jaime gets his gold hand replaced with a sword and goes on a killing spree in the riverlands in s06e04, screencap this post
>>
>>68734640
Everything in mereen is just filler until Dany gets to Westeros.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.