[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>A suit of armor around the world So, why doesn't he
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: tonystark.jpg (44 KB, 740x417) Image search: [Google]
tonystark.jpg
44 KB, 740x417
>A suit of armor around the world

So, why doesn't he just build that?

>But that's not possible!

Please don't.
>>
>>68728671
Ultron was going to build it, you need workers for something that big.
>>
>>68729011
I didn't understand why Jarvis couldn't manage it.
>>
A better question is why doesn't he build defense ships and weapons platforms. You don't need warp drive to build a ship of attack in earth orbit.
>>
>>68729417
jarvis is just a natural language UI. No will of it's own.
>>
I've only seen Iron Man and Thor. What movies do I need to watch to be caught up on the entire canon Marvel CU?
>>
>>68730838
All of them except Thor 2
>>
>>68730838
I've only seen GotG, Avengers 2, Iron Man 1 and Captain America 1 and I didn't feel left out of Avengers 2 at all. Terrible terrible movie tho
>>
>>68730838
is Star Wars 7 part of the MCU?
>>
>>68730838
you don't have to watch any of them

mcu story arc literally has no depth at all, you can jump off to avengers and you'll be fine

inb4 dc cuck i only watched man of murder and it's average at best
>>
>>68730899
>>68730956
I meant like, spoonfeed me a list of every canon movie, but I more or less found a list on wikipedia.

I am confused though. Spider-man is apparently in the trailer for the newest movie, but the wiki page doesn't list any of the Amazing Spider-man movies. Are they not canon to the Avengers movies or is wikipedia bullshit?
>>
>>68728671
That doesn't stop the threat inside the suit of armour

Plus what about the sun anon
>>
>>68731144
Amazing Spiderman isn't part of the MCU. Future spiderman movies will be though, after Civil war.
>>
>>68729857
he did, it didn't work out great. Also you'd basically have to be a supervillain to do that without permission from all the countries
>>
>>68731221
So... are they rebooting it again?
>>
>>68731293
I dunno. The Amazing movies were made by Sony, and the MCU is made by Disney. Disney got permission to use him now in their newer movies.
>>
>>68731144
>Iron Man
>Thor
>Captain America
>Iron Man 2
>Avengers
>Iron Man 3
>Captain America 2
>Thor 2
>Guardians of the Galaxy
>Avengers: Age of Ultron
>Antman

and technically

>The Incredible Hulk (Stark is in it but they changed actors for Hulk because Norton was a pain to the studio)
>>
>>68731161
Time to construct a dyson sphere then?
>>
>>68731465
Thank you. Why was Norton a pain? Was he asking for too much or was he an asshole?
>>
>>68728671
Whee would he get the metal for such a construction? How would it be upported by the Earth's crust? How would the Earth get the prober amount of sun?How much would that even do against an invading army? Couldn't they just shoot through it? I don't think you've thought this through.
>>
>>68732153
>Was he asking for too much or was he an asshole?
He has a habit of taking control of a production, and making it the way he wants it. The Incredible Hulk was probably as much his input as the official writers and director, and there were repeated arguments with executives about the movie. They were somewhat wiling to tolerate it in his own film, but when it came time for crossovers, they knew the had to cut him. A lot of people talk about what bros the cast of the Avengers movies are, and I think that's an intentional choice. They cut away anyone difficult, because they'll just drag down the production.
>>
File: robert-downey-junior.jpg (50 KB, 321x600) Image search: [Google]
robert-downey-junior.jpg
50 KB, 321x600
>>68728671
D R O P P E D
>>
>>68729417
JARVIS almost killed Pepper and couldn't even beat the extremis goons without heavy losses.

He's a user interface, not something that thinks. It's why Tony still needs to control the armor instead of it being purely automated, even if by remote.
>>
>>68733514
based dropped poster
>>
>>68731465
>technically
It's canon anon, no matter how hard you shitpost about it.
>dat Cap set up
>events referenced in IM2 and AoS
>movie explains why Banner has control in Avengers
>General Ross with same actor is in Civil War
Nothing about it conflicts with the MCU except who plays Banner, and by that logic IM1 is only "technically" canon because Rhodes changes actors. The only loose thread is the Leader set-up, but Phase 1 is full of lost threads and references that didn't pan out. Take Stark having some weird prototype Captain America shield even though it's just a metal frisbee, or SHIELD needing an acronym in IM1 even though they've had one for decades in-universe.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.