[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Waco Texas ATF Raid
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 6
File: WACO.jpg (107 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
WACO.jpg
107 KB, 1200x630
How do Americlaps justify what happened?

Any good documentaries on this?
>>
The branch davidians started the fire. It was a retarded cult committing a mass suicide. Nothing new.

>inb4 a tin foil replies at me
>>
>>68727548
t. Bootlicker
>>
>>68727548
why does america love cults so much?
>>
>>68727579
t. "hurrrrr the jews are why I can't get laid"
>>
Wasn't there a Waco documentary that won an Oscar and then it turned out to be so full of bullshit the filmmaker had to come back and make a second more accurate Waco documentary?
>>
>>68727647
>DUH ATF WAS GUD BOIS DEY DINDU NUFFIN

kill yourself
>>
>>68727548
>>68727647
There's literally zero evidence the Davidians started the fire. The only reason people think that is because Bob Ricks said so on TV.
>>
>>68727678
Unless you give a cohesive argument about how they did "something" then I have no reason to think otherwise, seeing as how it's perfectly reasonable to assume that a cult would do such a thing to themselves.
>>
>>68727548
>>68727647
Even the biggest anti-gun, anti-religion liberals know ATF were the instigators and killed innocent people
>>
>>68727508
Pretty much all stand offs with the Feds end up with the building burning down. Just happened in some motel in bumfuck land.
>>
Justify what? Most evidence leads to the fire being an accident from tear gas grenades. They got stuck in their bunker and died.

If they just surrendered in the first place they wouldn't have been in that situation
>>
>>68727771
>assume
Are you out of your mind? Law enforcement doesn't get to "assume" things and then use lethal force based on those assumptions you fucking moron. How about one of the "somethings" they did was literally pump CS gas into whole building?
>>
File: fast-and-furious-hrzgal.jpg (66 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
fast-and-furious-hrzgal.jpg
66 KB, 640x360
>>68727508
Well at least the ATF gave the Mexican Cartels lots of guns.
>>
>>68727871
Surrendered for what? Bogus weapons charges? After the ATF tries to "raid" you and ends up just shooting through your front door?
>>
>>68727508
>makes thread about Waco
>hasnt seen Rules of Engagement
shiggy diggy niggy
>>
>>68727933
It was a hostage situation IIRC
>>
File: alarmedmerchant.jpg (17 KB, 187x204) Image search: [Google]
alarmedmerchant.jpg
17 KB, 187x204
>>68727899
>>
>>68727875
> Law enforcement doesn't get to "assume" things and then use lethal force based on those assumptions

Good thing they didn't

>How about one of the "somethings" they did was literally pump CS gas into whole building?

Go outside, tin foil cuck
>>
>>68727645
They weren't event that interesting of a cult desu senpai
>>
File: leftovers11.jpg (92 KB, 1100x619) Image search: [Google]
leftovers11.jpg
92 KB, 1100x619
>>
>>68727739
There's recordings of them talking about starting the fire, with IR video of them starting the fire at the back of the compound, opposite of the side of the attack.

Of course you don't hear about that on conspiracy sites and Glen Beck.
>>
>>68727933
>bogus
There was a pretty big gunfight between the two, I don't think you can return fire on a government agency and then say the weapons charges were "bogus". Kind of proves them right about being dangerous people

They shot at ATF helicopters, so you can't say the BD were just confused and returned fire. They full well knew what they were doing, at the risk of every other person in the compound who didn't want to fight them
>>
>>68727991
No it wasn't.
>>68728074
>tin foil
That's literally true you moron. The ATF admits it, it was part of their strategy. It's not a secret, it's part of the mainstream account. Go fuck yourself.
>>
We don't justify it. It's seen as a tragedy and a shameful moment for the ATF.
>>
File: Really Index 4.jpg (112 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Really Index 4.jpg
112 KB, 1024x576
>How do Americlaps justify what happened?
There's nothing to justify, Euroturds.

Crrazy cult starts amassing weapons and molesting children
>ATF and FBI sent in to arrest crazy cult-leader on valid charges with an arrest warrant
>Instead of complying, the crazy cult opens fire on the FBI and ATF, trying to murder them
>In the ensuing exchange, a fire starts due to a deployed flash-bang
>Instead of saving themselves, the cultists actually STOKE the fire, and keep themselves AND THEIR CHILDREN from leaving
>They all burn to death like the crazed zealots they are
>Somehow the FBI and ATF are the badguys in this scenario
>>
>>68728184
Who cares? It was completely justified.
>>
>>68727795

Anti-gun, anti-religion liberals tend to be fucking retarded.
>>
>>68728159
Fact is, there isn't. The fire started due to smoke grenades setting the hay on fire that was used to barricade the building.
>>
>>68727991
No.

The ATF showed up to serve a warrant for illegal firearms sales. While serving the warrant, the Branch Davidians started a gun fight and murdered four law enforcement officers.

ATF pulled back and the Branch Davidians barricaded themselves. I guess you could call the children hostages, but they probably would have ended the same way even if the kids hadn't been present.

fyi, they murdered all of the kids by shooting them in the head. They found bullets in their heads after autopsies.

It was a lot like Jonestown in that regard, where they all committed suicide in the end, or murdered the ones that wouldn't.
>>
>>68727991
Nope. If it was a hostage situation the FBI would have jurisdiction.
>>
>>68728159
>recordings
>video
cool story. got a link?
>>
>>68727645
Protestantism
>>
>>68727645
Because right now liberals pretty much own the US and liberals hate Christians. They're doing anything they can to discredit Christianity and the easiest way to do that is to convince people that they're a cult.
>>
>>68728275

>right now

Waco was over 20 years ago and the BD were most definitely a fucking cult.
>>
>>68728275
Sorry the moral majority shit the bed for religious conservatives in the 80s and 90s and caused a massive backlash.
>>
>>68728248
http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=96518&page=1
>>
Because if you've lived here your whole life, you're used to institutional abuse of power on a level that may be unrivaled in human history. We just live with this shit every day. We're all just slaves.
>>
Cops know those grenades get extremely hot. That's how they killed dorner by lobbing grenades in and allowing the place to light on fire.
>>
File: pacino.jpg (19 KB, 236x353) Image search: [Google]
pacino.jpg
19 KB, 236x353
>>68728483
>blaming the world around you for your life being shit

How old are you, exactly?
>>
>>68727508
The feds couldn't let them exist for obvious reasons, so a media crucifixion, slaughter, and cover up happened

Anything else is speculation or intentional misinformation
>>
>>68728483
How is a flashbang grenade accidentally starting a fire an "institutional abuse of power"?

There are so many legitimate abuses of power by American law enforcement on record, why are the semi-justified/unintentional ones like Waco and Eric Garner the ones that get the most attention? Some guy got shot in the back five times by a cop while on his hands and knees the other month and I heard next to nothing about that, but every teenager that assaults an officer and gets shot is a saint we never hear the end of.
>>
>>68728647
>shot in the back five times

That cop was charged with murder, though. Not quite the same thing, but I don't disagree overall.
>>
>>68728852
I meant more the media outrage. It's great he's been arrested though. I hope he gets a real conviction and not some bullshit reduced charge
>>
>>68727508
Waco: Rules of Engagement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPVwfYsGv5I
>>
>>68727508
Little Timmy paid it back with the Oklahoma bombing
>>
>>68730839
Real human bean

And a real hero
>>
>>68727645
well there are 300 million of us
>>
>>68728210
so the importance of the whole event was about the power and reach of federal government?
>>
>>68728483

lel, calm down, RevLeft.
>>
>>68730839
>>68731098
That was just good timing. They had been planning to blow up the Murrah building since the 80s
>>
did timmy really blow it up though?
>>
>>68731401

>importance

There was no importance. The Branch Davidians were amassing outlawed weapons. A UPS delivery man told the .gov of a busted package that had M16 parts, empty grenade shells and black powder. A former cultist told them they had were making automatic weapons (which have been illegal since the 80s).

ATF goes in. Their cover was blown by the media and perhaps shouldn't have continued with the raid, which is where the issue starts. But that the BD were committing crimes was never in question.

Basically the Branch Davidians were the Dindu Nuffins for the anti-gov tinfoilers.
>>
>>68732084
so why do people have a hard-on for defending them?
>>
>>68731899
Yeah him and Nichols and Michael Brescia and Andreas Strassmeier did it
>>
Ruby Ridge was a similar incident that happened not long after Waco.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwgRk7mSZgE
>>
>>68728263
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n5HP-KlTpg
>>
>>68732148
cause there are many many people who hate the government and whatever the government does is automatically wrong. Basically they defend them to be contrary to the gov't
>>
>>68727645
critical thinking deficiency
>>
>>68732329
it was before waco you dumb coon
>>
>>68732368
That's just live footage.
>>
>>68732368
wow, it's fucking nothing
>>
>>68727548
>I have never read anything about Waco and I am trying to prove it
>>
Of course there are good documentaries on it, but you won't find many -- if any -- speaking of the Branch Davidians beating/shooting the children to death instead of releasing them.

And if you DARE question the Branch Davidians you are a shill. They good boys.
>>
>>68732148

Same reason the BLM crowd defend Mike Brown.

Basically, it's about rights. Defenders of the BD are typically gun nuts and the BD had guns. Therefore they didn't do anything. Had they had huge quantities of drugs and the same thing happened, they'd be cheering the government.

The hypocrisy on both sides when it comes to this stuff is astounding.
>>
>>68728251
The ATF shot the kids and ran over some as they drove vehicles into the sides of the building.
>>
>>68728210
The fire didn't start because of flashbangs. The fire started because of all the hay and oil the cult spread around their compound and then lit on fire.
>>
>>68732815
>I pledge of allegiance to the flag....

Good boy. Pass this information on and know that America has your back.
>>
>>68728483
>institutional abuse of power on a level that may be unrivaled in human history.

Source?
>>
>>68730486
The tanks went through the dining room. They had a Davidian testify during the incident.
>>
>>68732329

Ruby Ridge was before Waco.

In fact a lot of people speculate Janet Reno rushed in and pulled the trigger on Waco early because Weaver's trial was happening and the ATF and FBI were getting buttfucked for murdering an innocent mother and child on national television.

If I recall correctly the agent in charge of the Waco Siege even called the media and held press conferences ahead of time to give reporters a heads up so they could better capture footage for a guaranteed "Heroic government bravely rushes in and shuts down evil cult pedophile ring!" headline.

Fucking idiots every one of them.
>>
>>68732896
That would be the red revolution.
>>
>>68727645
lots of people in the Branch Davidians were Brits and Aussies
>>
Is the Waco - Rules of Engagement objective enough to be worth a watch?
>>
>>68728647
>>68728852
Missed this one. Link pls?
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.