[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DUDE. WHEN I SAID MY WORLD IS BUILT ON TOP OF YOURS I MEANT LITERALLY
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: tomorrowland.jpg (99 KB, 990x373) Image search: [Google]
tomorrowland.jpg
99 KB, 990x373
DUDE. WHEN I SAID MY WORLD IS BUILT ON TOP OF YOURS I MEANT LITERALLY AND IT LOOKS JUST LIKE TOMORROWLAND. LMAO.

Also, why was this kid on Earth in the first place? Why did he have to return to the interdimensional beings? This wasn't left up to our imagination, it was just lazy storytelling and an inferior rehash of films like Close Encounters or even E.T. It was just futile and pointless
>>
Shit thread. kys
>>
>>68713311
Disappointing film 2bh. the worst part is psuedo-science fiction fans like yourself will pretend it's good and are therefore ever lowering the bar for sci-fi
>>
>>68713286
>Also, why was this kid on Earth in the first place?

That's like asking why God sent Jesus.

This movie went over your head. You didn't recognize that it was literally a Christian movie disguised as a sci-fi indie flick.

And yes it was pretty stupid, but then again so was the source material (aka the bible).
>>
>>68713492
>That's like asking why God sent Jesus.

No it's not. It's not some analogy for Jesus returning to God either. This kid literally just figures out he's some kind of higher dimensional being. There is no build up to its significance, no payoff, nothing. It's poor storytelling
>>
The imagery of this was cool until they ruined it with the stupid light beings or whatever.
>>
>>68713612
>The imagery of this was cool

Was it? It was some utterly generic futuristic city scape fit with pointless narrow walkways and tree lined avenues "because we're environmental xDD".
>>
I was really surprised how big nichols went with this, it's not really his style, but I enjoyed it anyway.

his next movie looks like dogshit oscarbait though, I'm really worried he's hit a wall creatively.
>>
people watched this?
>>
>>68714155
>Because of the interracial marriage of Mildred and Richard Loving, the couple is sentenced to prison in Virginia in 1958

/tv/cucks will lap that one up
>>
>>68713557
>has characters called PAUL and LUKE
>the kid has magic powers
>the kid has a cult following
>there's another world that's full of beings like him on top of this world
>goes to this place while being held by his mother

It's totally not analogous to Jebus guys.

Fuck off and kill yourself now.
>>
>>68714502
I also forgot to mention he got betrayed by one of his followers.
>>
I liked it
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.