[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When Tusk happens to another character
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 853x480
>Your favorite actor takes Justin Long's place in Tusk
>his character is changed to be less obnoxious and more like the characters your favorite actor typically plays

What would the movie look like?
>>
File: image.jpg (92 KB, 865x505) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92 KB, 865x505
>>68703780
I can't imagine it

I hope his will power will overcome this and he will commit suicide
>>
It's a horrible movie. It's like something beautiful and sublime mixed with shit
>>
I like to imagine the story happening verbatim, only it's a female lead who gets her breasts and buttocks extremely enlarged instead of a walrus costume.
Then I usually clean up and fall asleep.
>>
Memes the movie
>>
I feel Kevin Smith used himself for Wallace's characterization
>>
File: jean reno cigar.jpg (1 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
jean reno cigar.jpg
1 MB, 3840x2160
>>68703780
Jean Reno would not have let this happen.
>>
>>68704913
Not even a question that's definitely true
>>
>>68704994

Why do I feel violated after opening that pic
>>
I don't think any fictional character have the will power to insist on being a man after being defaced like that.

Real world men however have that will power.
>>
>>68704490
At least the ratings are better than BvS.
>>
>>68703780
someone give me a quick synopsis of this movie - including spoilers and the ending
>>
Fuck this movie gets bad.

Who else thought that overblown teary monologue from his girlfriend was her practicing lines or something because it was that forced and terribly written?
>>
>Bill Murray

The movie would get so bad it would be elevated to meme status.
>>
>>68706079
Guy gets turned into a walrus human centipede style, kills the crazy guy and his girlfriend puts him in a wildlife reserve.
The end
>>
>>68706484
It's her cheating on Justin Long with Harry Joe Osmon
>>
>>68706079
Obnoxious podcaster goes to Canada, sees a flyer from a man who wants to tell his story and goes to record it for his podcast. Old man is crazy, fell in love with a Walrus when stranded, and now wants to turn obnoxious dude into walrus to have a friend again. Then there's a bunch of bullshit with Johnny Depp as a terrible French-Canadian detective character who is tracking down the wild man. When the folk show up to save Long he's been walrus'd up in such flat lighting it does nothing but emphasise how shitty and rubbery the walrus suit is. Long impales bad guy with tusks, then gets abandoned in some shitty animal rescue place. Then after the credits we hear Kevin Smith blazed laughing about how hilarious this idea is with his buddy even though we've just seen how un-hilarious it is.
>>
Why exactly did people hate this movie again? It's pretty obvious that it's supposed to be a dumb horror comedy.
>>
>>68706594
Yeah I know. But I'm saying that I thought the reveal was going to be that her character is running lines because it was so terribly written and over-the-top.
>>
>dat shop clerk cameo
I came. I wish her a good day
>>
>>68706634
> It's pretty obvious that it's supposed to be a dumb horror comedy.

No shit. People who don't like it don't like it cause it's neither creepy nor funny. The last 40 mins of the Johnny Depp funny accent dick-nose detective show is fucking awful. Michael Parks is good and that's it.
>>
Hey American writers/people. No one finds Canada humour funny anymore. We get it they say "Eh" and "Sorry", but fucking get over it. I haven't laughed at a shitty Canada joke in years. Do Americans still find them funny?
>>
I feel the movie could have been better if there were less trivial shits like fast foods

The service industry part is necessary I think since I always think it's an overlooked side of humanity
>>
>>68706634
Because movies that are intentionally dumb are usually funny, and this movie was just really boring
>>
>>68706634
because it was meant to be a schlocky horror, but the problem lies as it was meant to be one, it's the sort of phenomenon that can't be replicated intentionally. It's like being a 30 year old and scribbling with crayons like a 4 year old and expecting it to be just as endearing.
>>
>>68706615
>Then after the credits we hear Kevin Smith blazed laughing about how hilarious this idea is with his buddy even though we've just seen how un-hilarious it is.
you need to be high to enjoy it.
>>
I respect this movie despite it tried too hard to make things Canadian into a post irony thing

It tried to stay original. I would say it is original.
>>
File: KSmith_on_the_spot.jpg (32 KB, 708x471) Image search: [Google]
KSmith_on_the_spot.jpg
32 KB, 708x471
>>68703780
What the fuck is wrong with Kevin Smith? There clearly is some talent in him, he constantly has opportunities to exploit it and develop it, yet he chooses to squander it. He wastes an entire production on some joke he made while stoned, he half-asses every opportunity he has to shoot a real movie, he embarrasses himself publicly over some impossibly stupid CW show. Hell, even in his podcast he sounds like a stupid shit compared to the nigga who co-hosts.
I hate that fucking fat fuck so goddamn much, I wish I could hate him to bald.
>>
What could have saved this movie, bros? It IS a funny concept. How was it ruined so badly? Can it be salvaged at all?
>>
>>68707194
It's not really a funny concept. I don't think this idea was worth exploring.
>>
>>68707111
>impossibly stupid CW show

Flash?
>>
>>68707251
Alright, flash isn't that bad. It's certainly better than the other DC shows out there, but still, it's not worth crying about. Or pretending to cry about on youtube.
>>
>>68707194
If it was done with less dude weed lmao humor for starters. The stuff with the old man was kind of good because it gave the whole thing a surreal, gothic kind of horror to it. The stuff with Johnny Depp wasn't even horrendous despite what meme lords here tell you, but it should've been in an altogether different kind of movie.

tl;dr: the tone is way too jarring even for a horror comedy. Make it darker and creepier and more gothic. Save all the Johnny Depp shit for another movie.
>>
File: 1423778042.fivel_ych1.png (3 MB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
1423778042.fivel_ych1.png
3 MB, 1500x1500
>>68707194
Change the final result
>>
>>68706743
3 men are sitting together in their new land trying to come up with a name for their country. One of them decides they'll pull letters from a bag and they'll come up with something from what they draw. They draw their letters:
"I got a C, eh!"
"I got an N, eh!"
"I got a D, eh!"
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.