[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Silent Hills got cancelled >Pacific Rim 2 on hold >Crimson
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: guillermo-del-toro.jpg (105 KB, 827x1000) Image search: [Google]
guillermo-del-toro.jpg
105 KB, 827x1000
>Silent Hills got cancelled
>Pacific Rim 2 on hold
>Crimson Peak was shit

What's next for him?
>>
literally JUST the career
>>
>>68694596
Hellboy
>>
pacific rim 2 isn't on hold but he's not directing it, some guy involved with spartacus is directing
>>
I liked Crimson Peak.
>>
>LE SPOOKY FAT MAN
>>
>>68694799
well we know thats going to be shit

said no one.
>>
>>68694596
Warner Bros' AKIRA
>>
>3 tacos al pastor
>4 chimichangas
>2 carnitas burritos
>>
Pacific Rim killed his reputation it was retarded, boring, and didn't even deliver on good monster battles.
>>
>>68694596
I'm pretty sure he's still collaborating with kojima on a game. It just isn't silent hills
>>
>>68694596
Buy a sea captain hat and write a bestselling book series
>>
Maybe he can work on creatures design and effects supervisor on other people's movies
>>
He's still got the strain I guess?
>>
>>68695025
This.

Guierrlmo is a shitty director. He should just get a job at Weta or Digital Domain or something.
>>
What? He's fine.

The video game was a pet project that got cancelled because the studio is awful but he's gonna work with Kojima at his new studio anyway.

He signed a Disney development deal and contributed to the live action Beauty & the Beast script and Disney is just waiting for him to turn in a final Haunted Mansion script

Pacific Rim 2 is happening but he had to step down as director because's it's taking too long and he has other commitments

He's the EP of the Kung-Fu Panda series which prints money

He's the creator of a new Netflix CGI show about trolls or something

Crimson Peak definitely under-performed but the guy is doing better than ever right now. Signing a Disney development deal is huge. You can just spend a career bullshitting at Disney doing rewrites and design work and stuff if you feel like it.
>>
File: 1399336073028.jpg (14 KB, 336x229) Image search: [Google]
1399336073028.jpg
14 KB, 336x229
>>68694596
>Pacific Rim 2 on hold
>>
>>68694932

Are you kidding
It was the best movie of that year
>>
>>68694950
This that a 'The Ghost and Mrs. Muir' reference?
>>
>>68695756
It wasn't even as good as Man of Steel
>>
>>68695303
source to his commitment for Beauty and the beast? I thought he dropped out of both B and the B & Pinocchio live-action as well.
>>
>>68694873
I'd like a moniker like that
>>
>didn't even deliver on good monster battles
Nigga the monster fights were GOAT, literally the only good thing about the movie.
>>
File: kojima-productions.jpg (40 KB, 820x548) Image search: [Google]
kojima-productions.jpg
40 KB, 820x548
>>
What happened to Monster tv series?
>>
He can play GRRM in the inevitable biopic

>meme magic kills GRRM
>>
File: del toro.jpg (14 KB, 240x320) Image search: [Google]
del toro.jpg
14 KB, 240x320
>Implying he and kojimbo aren't working on a movie as we speak.
>>
Let's not forget the biggest travesty in his career, which was that he didn't do the Hobbit

would have been one of the greatest films ever
>>
>>68697444
>>68697293

Burrito Del Taco And Kojimbo working together. Even if it is absolute shit, I WILL be there.
>>
>>68697595
>burrito
>not guacamole del taco
>>
>>68698078

Well he's Spanish. So I wonder if he'd get the joke if you called him that. Probably not. Watching a chubby little Spaniard get mad and want to fight would be cute.
>>
>>68698288
>Spaniard
>Guillermo del Toro is actually mexican
Amerifat spotted
>>
>>68694596
>dropped out of The Hobbit

Does this guy deliberately torpedo projects? He sounds like an unreliable fuck.
>>
>>68696665
You already have it, they just don't have the heart to tell you.
>>
>>68697315
It isn't going to be on HBO any longer

>he stated in the interview that the show is "out of HBO", del Toro also noted in the interview that he had finished writing "a couple of episodes" for the show to pitch to companies, and that it will "likely happen somewhere next year."

that was in october. I keep hoping it'll get done, but don't expect it soon.
>>
>>68694596
FINISH
THE
BOOK
YOU
FAT
FUCK
>>
>>68699319
He didn't quit on a whim.

He spent months working on pre-production and what not, but the project got delayed a lot and them he decided to move on.
>>
File: 1428835728816.jpg (205 KB, 1024x689) Image search: [Google]
1428835728816.jpg
205 KB, 1024x689
>>68699936
NEAT
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.