[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
South Park
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: 2634434.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
2634434.png
1 MB, 1366x768
What are the best South Park episodes/the ones I have to watch? Never seen one
>>
Seasons 2-6 are great. Don't bother with anything else.
>>
>>68679589
It doesn't matter, if you weren't watching them as they were airing you're going to be missing absolute fucktons of cultural references that you will never understand. Literally 98% of south park is ripping off old movies and tv shows and parodying current ridiculous shit that's going on in the world or America. That's why the later seasons are actually better because they attempted to break out of that mold somewhat and try to make some interesting original stories. Anyway, it's all good so watch the whole damn thing if you're not a total faggot. But understand that you won't understand anything from almost 20 years ago.
>>
File: 1433721882649.jpg (32 KB, 400x309) Image search: [Google]
1433721882649.jpg
32 KB, 400x309
>>68679589
the one where they go to the rain forest is pretty good

With Apologies to Jesse Jackson is a classic though.
>>
>>68679589
My Personal Favorites in Order:
1) Scott Tenorman Must Die
2) Make Love not Warcraft
3) Trapped in the Closet
4) All about the Mormons
5) Woodland Critter Christmas
6) Imagination Land Trilogy
>>
>>68679867
see
>>68679959

you don't just forget about racist richards
>>
>>68679589
Casa Bonita
Scott Tenorman Must Die
With Apologies to Jesse Jackson
Fun With Weapons

The rest is literal garbage.
>>
>>68679589
too many scattered episodes
just start watching s2 on, revisit s1 if you come to love it
>>
not the first seasons, not the last seasons
>>
any episode where butters, randy, or canada is prevalent in the plot
>>
Skip the first 7 seasons if you weren't born in the 80s , you'll not get any of the references/jokes etc.
>>
Season 2 is my legit fav. It really feels like nobody else ever saw it other than me though. I used to be on really late at night and have these really personal deep messages to their episodes that were uncompromising and harsh truths sometimes.

I never hear anybody ever talking about those early episodes even though they're brilliant. Clubhouses is probably my fav but all of season 2 is gold. We need more early South Park memes on /tv/.

>the Chewbacca Defense
>Miss Havisham's Genesis Device
>a big burning 't' for 'time to leave'
>'Plane-arium'
>>
Scrotie McBoogerballs is good
>>
>Woodland Critter Christmas first aired in 2004

Fuck.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (24 KB, 534x402) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
24 KB, 534x402
>>68680226

Clubhouses is GOAT
>>
File: worriedpepe.jpg (6 KB, 191x183) Image search: [Google]
worriedpepe.jpg
6 KB, 191x183
>>68680411
>1990 was 110 years ago
>>
Cartmanland is probably my personal favorite
>>
>>68680226
youre not alone, s2 is GOAT from start to finish, even the terrence and phillip ep. im always joking my canadian friend about kraft dinner, and if he went looking for treasure today.
>>
>>68680411

you are now aware that south park is older than most people on this board
>>
>>68680226
Seasons 2 and 3 are the best

Roger Ebert Should Lay Off The Fatty Foods
Spookyfish
Gnomes
Chickenfucker
Tweek vs Craig
Rainforest Schmainforest

Absolute classics
>>
one of my favorite is "butter's bottom bitch". "over logging" is pretty damn funny as well.
>>
File: Roy.jpg (195 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
Roy.jpg
195 KB, 720x405
>>68680432

LET ME IN STAN!

LET ME *LOVE* YOU!

..now go chop some fire wood.
>>
Love it or hate it, you have to admit there is nothing else remotely like South Park. It's been running for almost two decades, and they can pretty much say anything they want.

The creators sold out fast and hard, and now they're (almost) completely immune to studio or hollywood interference.
>>
>>68679589
The entire 8th season is GOAT
>>
>>68680658

>Have you been programmed to satisfy urges of humans?
>>
s1 till the mid of s12, something broke mid 12s and its never been the same. Trust me, ive watched every season (till mid 12s) at least 2 times
>>
>>68679959
>randy's chosen letters are BNGO
>the puzzle is N_GGERS
>niggers? bingo!
>matt subtly telling us the answer truly is NIGGERS

based
>>
>>68679867

this is literally backwards. the early seasons aren't about current affairs, but the later ones are because they ran out of character stories
>>
>>68680626

damn i remember when it used to look like this
>>
>>68679959
They forgot the RSTLNE
>>
>>68680432
>New Jack City.
>>
>>68680728

"not cool, not cool, not cool"
>>
>>68679867
What are you talking about? Its a topical show but the topics are either so famous as to be timeless or so funny the context doesn't matter.

Besides a dip in quality from seasons 13-18, its great and you should watch every episode
>>
richard? riiichaaaard
>>
C'mon guys

Make Love not Warcraft is literally the GOAT episode
>>
File: 1402942549319s.jpg (5 KB, 189x250) Image search: [Google]
1402942549319s.jpg
5 KB, 189x250
>tfw flashbacks to middle school with Season 8

Reeettss fighting ruuuvvv
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.