[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Get the fuck ot of all your capeshit and Asian whitewashing threads
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (104 KB, 900x350) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104 KB, 900x350
Get the fuck ot of all your capeshit and Asian whitewashing threads for a moment. Let's talk about Vertigo. 10/10 masterpiece.
>>
>>68678544
Incredibly effective score, as was part for the course for Hermann. Those opening credits, man. Imagine walking into a theatre and seeing that during its initial run.
>>
File: image.jpg (95 KB, 1410x876) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95 KB, 1410x876
goddamit The shots are so beautiful and Hitcock makes the audience fall in love with the woman. She was so beautiful.
>>
>>68678544
I rewatched Psycho recently and it was great. Don't know which one is the best Hitch desu.
>>
>>68678638
Sometimes I couldn't tell of they used a green screen or not. Some of the backgrounds were too beautiful to be real. Also the city is very surreal and definitely CG, the way it goes up and down.
>>
They should remake Vertigo with a shaky cam. It would be pretty cool because it would help add to the film by making the viewer feel like they have Vertigo
>>
Were the actors aware that they were working with a genius at that time?

I mean was it like today, when an actor is totally aware what they deal with when they work with Paul Thomas Anderson?

Or was the genius of Hitchcock discovered later?
>>
>>68678910
Hitchcock was regarded as a flick director until the 60's, when he was reevaluated as a genius by French New Wave critics (especially Truffaut.)
>>
>>68679037
>French New Wave Critics
So my nigga Snyder still has a chance to be aknkowledge for his genius
>>
File: Maddy.webm (3 MB, 960x520) Image search: [Google]
Maddy.webm
3 MB, 960x520
>>68678732
Ironically, it's possible that the opening titles are the first CG in film, period.

>>68678910

His actors knew he was special, that's why they typically did parts contrary to type for him. Everyone knew he was a good showman, they just didn't understand how a mass entertainer could possibly have any artistic worth... Sort of like a flimic version of Trump if you will. His appreciation by the French caused a lot of consternation among American and British critics.
>>
>>68679431
>Sort of like a flimic version of Trump if you will.
What?
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 285x214) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 285x214
>genius
>PTA
>Trump
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 327x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 327x500
why is pic related garbage?
>>
>>68678544
One of the most overrated flicks of all time
It's a massive pleb filter for me
>>
>>68679550

I mean in the way the critical establishment reacted to his appraisal.

For years they treated him as a harmless maker of whodunits, murder mysteries without any actual artistic merit.

Then with Psycho they were outraged at his perverted humor and violent imagery, calling him cheap and crude and degenerate.

Then as his career started going downhill from being mishandled at Universal, the critics sneered at his output.

They hated the French auteurist reappraisal and fought Truffaut on his book, which came out during one of Hitch's weakest movies.

What they didn't realize was that TV reruns were introducing Hitch's movies to a whole new audience throughout the 60s and 70s, and that a kind of grassroots support for Hitch's artistry was rising from the public.

Finally just recently his Paramount films have been getting restored and properly distributed, and his stock is rising even after his death.

That's why I compared him with Trump, it's the same mixture of establishment derision + unanticipated groundswell of support that upsets the usual order.
>>
>>68679925

I met someone who worked on the set of this, he said Hitchcock had a hard time staying awake by then. He was never that healthy.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtIwfugF1zw
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 490x270) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 490x270
http://youtu.be/KkiJ6zcyLRw
>>
>When Kim Novak questioned Alfred Hitchcock about her motivation in a particular scene, the director is said to have answered, "Let's not probe too deeply into these matters, Kim. It's only a movie."

He is just like Snyder
>>
>>68680322
>Poorly received by U.S. critics on its release, this film is now hailed as Alfred Hitchcock's masterpiece.

Smae thing happening to Batman VS Superman now.

Soon familia sooooon
>>
>>68680322
>>68680490

>reply count went up
>poster count stayed the same

bitch, pls.
>>
There's one scene I always recall when I see this movie mentioned. The one with day shifting to night in the space of 2 minutes.
Was that ever somehow relevant to what's going on in that scene?
If it was it's an amazing moment.
>>
>>68678544
It's the greatest film of all time.

Better than Citizen Kane. Better than the laughable Tokyo Story. Better than anything Renoir made. Better than anything Murnau made. Better than anything Kubrick made. Better than anything Ophuls made. Better than The Searchers. Better than anything Vertov made. Better than anything Dreyer made. Better than anything Fellini made.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.