[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should we start hating The Matrix now that it was retroactively
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: iknowkungfu.jpg (437 KB, 1273x559) Image search: [Google]
iknowkungfu.jpg
437 KB, 1273x559
Should we start hating The Matrix now that it was retroactively ruined after Wachowskis admitted that it was about degeneracy all along?
>>
>>68668337

What did they say?
>>
I don't concern myself with the opinions of mentally ill people
>>
matrix 1 is way too good to disregard because of degenerate directors

at least they were "normal" when they made the film
>>
>>68668337

never. Love keanu. if they want to mutilate themselves that's all on them.
>>
>>68668337
What did they say?

Also, I know this is not /his/ but please define degeneracy.
>>
>>68668337
Can you trust them? They are just re-writing history to defend their foolishness.
>>
>there are still people looking at the Matrix like they're in middle school and haven't read a single book in their life
The Matrix was a lackluster and derivative entry to cyberpunk.
>>
>>68668337

their """""admitted""""" analogy makes no sense, everyone is a straight cis person even in the orgy sequence and it's clearly more of an allegory for society being manipulated than gender identity, they are just saying that now they are trans

although it is funny how "the redpill", a term used both by redditors and /pol/tards to rebel against liberalism, was coined by two gay tranny jews
>>
File: 12312412131.jpg (23 KB, 469x463) Image search: [Google]
12312412131.jpg
23 KB, 469x463
>>68668570
>>68668562
>le i'm too smart to enjoy the matrix
>>
A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep
>>
>>68668337
Considering it was made a good while before even one of them became a womyn I just ignore it
>>
>>68668370

matrix is about being a body that isn't your own, i.e how your appearance changes when you're in the matrix, some of the characters seen in animatrix/deleted scenes are men who take female forms in the matrix and vice versa which is meant to be an analogue for some transexual bullshit.
>>
>>68668570
>although it is funny how "the redpill", a term used both by redditors and /pol/tards to rebel against liberalism, was coined by two gay tranny jews

That's called irony my mane
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 415x443) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 415x443
>"The red pill" meme alt-right fedoras love so much comes from a movie created by two trans women

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>68669141
just like anti semitic is a term coined by racists.
>>
>>68668968
>goes around wearing leather trench coats and HotTopic's Edgy Starter kit
>implies other people are fedora
>>
Once a work comes out, it no longer belongs to its author, so no
>>
>>68669175
>>68669141
>>68668570

I don't even know why people that popularized it (/pol/ people and reactionary redditors) think that it only applies to their ideology. I mean, when someone asks to be "redpilled", they're asking "please reveal to me the underlying reality that is hidden by the ideology I believe is dominant".

So basically this is a concept that can be used by ANYONE who believes their beliefs are being opressed by the mainstream ideology, or at least by what they believe is the mainstream ideology.
>>
>>68669175
red pill as a metaphor for revealing the truth was used in TOTAL RECALL before the matrix
>>
>>68669952
>people that popularized it (/pol/ people and reactionary redditors) think that it only applies to their ideology

They do ?
>>
It's still great thanks to the fact they stole most of the story from various sources, even lifting whole scenes.
2 and 3 on the other hand are campy trash.
>>
>>68669090
>the movie is actually about being a woman in a man body
>oh but we cut all of the men being womans in the matrix

love wachowski's work but in this they are either liars or retards
>>
>>68670040
care to mention which movies they stole from? just curious senpai
>>
>>68670029
They probably don't even know it comes from a movie
>>
File: 1297715515558.png (19 KB, 485x428) Image search: [Google]
1297715515558.png
19 KB, 485x428
>mfw feminists use the term "red-pill" too.

Pretty funny.
>>
>>68670029
hello, frenchman
>>
>>68670188
Well Matrix isn't exactly niche
>>
>>68668337
I could care less what it means to them queers. Matrix 1 is good, rest are ok.
>>
>>68670159
The most blatant is a comic called Invisibles.
They lifted so much stuff from there it's quite angering you had looked up to and thought the castrated brothers had come up with all the cool stuff themself.
>>
>>68670222
Hey m8
>>
I made a post yesterday in another thread but I'd like it to have its own because I'm tired of all this shit.

Here is my post in nice greentext so your simple minds can read it:

>It's not the fact that language changes over time. Etymology has nothing to do with this, really. It's the fact that you all have bastardized the meaning of red pill completely.

>There was no right or wrong with the red pill and it's not something you should want to force.

>It's not something you do, really. You don't "red pill" people.

>You give them the facts and let them come to their own conclusions based on those facts. You cannot make them believe it, you can only show them. What they choose is not right or wrong as most here make it seem. It's the whole "IF YOU'RE NOT WITH US YOU'RE AGAINST US" garbage.

>Did you faggots even watch The Matrix, I wonder?

I'd like to expand on the "you don't do it" point because I don't think people get it or the message at all. See, I notice a lot of threads on this board that pertain to "I'M TRYING TO REDPILL SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME STUFF" but the irony of that is that person making the thread and attempting to "red pill" isn't redpilled themselves. You do not try to turn someone into a clone of you with potentially skewed information and make them believe it because if they don't then they haven't "woken up" or whatever nonsense it is that you think. People red pill themselves, in a way. You cannot force someone to think exactly like you, and to do so is wrong.

People have to make up their own minds with the actual facts that are presented to them and then left to choose how they want to see the world. You cannot "red pill" someone, as you can only give them the tools to do it for themselves. It's not about shoving knowledge down someone's throat, it's about discovery on a personal level and eventually coming to terms with a world that isn't black and white like a lot of you stupid niggers want to make it.

tl;dr you're all idiots
>>
I will always love that fucking movie to bits and they can become horsefuckers for all I care, nothing will change how great The Matrix is.
>>
File: 1311704000383.png (159 KB, 435x419) Image search: [Google]
1311704000383.png
159 KB, 435x419
>>68668370
Why not then have Neo be a female when outside the matrix? Or vice versa?

The Wachowskis have no gumption. If they had what it took to say that one of the side character like Ghost or "Not Will Smith's Wife" would have been an opposite gender in or out of the Matrix.

Hacks trying to retcon their own shit.
>>
>>68668384
this
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.