[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>its a 47 year old who has been broke his whole life gets
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: burr.jpg (24 KB, 650x400) Image search: [Google]
burr.jpg
24 KB, 650x400
>its a 47 year old who has been broke his whole life gets belittled by /tv/ posters for finally making some money
>>
>>68663695
Good
>>
Make more F is for Family
>>
>>68663695
bill burr rox
>>
IT'S DAWCTAH CAHVEE'S EAZY SHAVE... BUDDAH!
>>
Who doesn't love Bill Burr? Apart from pussies who got offended by something he said one time. OH, they were laughing at the OTHER jokes though huh? When it was about the OTHER people?

I'm tellin' ya man, it's fuckin' brutal.

Alright let's do some reads for the week. OH LOOK WHO IT IS, LOOK WHO CAME CRAWLING BACK! BLUE APRON EVERYBAWDY! Preparing your own meals can be hard. But you need to know how to cook. That's why Blue Apron povide.. provides you with the ingredients... To make your own sumpt... sumptus? sumptios? What the fuck is this word right here? Make your own sumshus DINNAH! I think it means delicious. I'm gonna go with that. Ingredients to make your own delicious dinner... Where the fuck was I?
>>
>>68663837
Make less shit cartoons and more stand up
>>
File: 1387690785867.png (52 KB, 254x247) Image search: [Google]
1387690785867.png
52 KB, 254x247
>>68664776
American "comedy", everyone.
>>
>>68664922
I liked F is for Family and I'm glad Freckles is reaching a bigger audience and making the money he deserves after all the futons he slept on.

I prefer his stand up though, and he's at his best when he's improvising like on his podcast, or those guided tours of cities he plays.

This is his best moment in my opinion:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs-Wpkd0vXM
>>
>>68664776
>Who doesn't love Bill Burr?

I don't. Tried to watch his stand-up. What he didn't lift from George Carlin was not funny. What he did lift from George Carlin was not funny, either.

Unfunny hack.
>>
>>68664961
I'm British and Bill Burr is as funny as anyone over here. Easily as good as any stand up.
>>
>>68663695

>/tv/ is full of contrarian faggots who will turn on one of their favorite movies/actors/shows ect the moment it steps out of the "secret club house" cult status boundry

no shit
>>
>>68665001
If it wasn't funny then why did so many people laugh and buy tickets and listen to his podcast? If he's not funny then why is he so well regarded amongst other stand up comedians?

YOU didn't find him funny, that's all on you. What do you find funny?
>>
File: 1453334048850.png (404 KB, 588x598) Image search: [Google]
1453334048850.png
404 KB, 588x598
>>68664776
>I know neither the definition nor pronunciation of "sumptuous"
>This is a laugh riot in red states
>>
File: 1005494722-fl_sar_tcalendar21g.jpg (754 KB, 2019x1309) Image search: [Google]
1005494722-fl_sar_tcalendar21g.jpg
754 KB, 2019x1309
>>68665080
>if it's popular it must be good DURDADURRRR LOL!
>>
>>68665120
Comedy has to be funny on some level to be popular. If it's objectively unfunny (as you say) then people won't laugh and buy tickets.

And my other point, that actual comedians, professionals in the field find it funny? How do you explain that without an autistic outburst in greentext format? Are you objectively more qualified than professional comics to say what's funny?
>>
>>68663695
>has a annoying black wife
>>
>>68665392
And yet thousands of people laughed it up at Carlos Mencia, and yet everyone with the tiniest amount of taste knows he's complete shit.

Sorry contrarian faggot, your shit tier comedian isn't "funny" just because you wanna throw buzzwords around.
>>
>>68665710

I...HAAAAAAAAAAAATE that guy. His jokes aren't funny. They're painful.
>>
Standups who get big enough to play arenas. They become some of the GOAT or they become Gallagher, or Jeff Dunham, or Carlos Menstealia, or Dane Cook, or Larry the Cable guy...or....
>>
>>68665710
>calls people contrarian (for liking popular comedian bill burr)
>complains about buzzwords
I'm starting to think you might be retarded.

Great job ignoring my other point again while you were speaking on behalf of "everyone with the tiniest amount of taste." Professional comics hated Mencia, they love Bill Burr. You can't explain that.

Nor can you present any better comedians than Burr. Let me guess: you can, but I probably haven't heard of them. I bet you think you're too good for the medium of stand up, yet you're an authority on the subject because you're so right about everything.

Just admit you don't know shit about comedy. I'd be surprised if you're not literally female.
>>
>club dubya, club dubya, i did cocaine in the oval office club dubya
>>
File: 1438269602204.jpg (6 KB, 246x205) Image search: [Google]
1438269602204.jpg
6 KB, 246x205
>>68665087
>i only consume progressive intellectual comedy
>>
>>68665087
>Thinks he's smart
>Doesn't realize the comedy comes from Bill's flippant disregard for the copy and product he's supposed to be pitching
>>
>>68663695

He probably hasn't been broke for about 15 years, popular touring club comics make decent money
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.