[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Commando is the greatest film of all time. Fact.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: 1352507999698.jpg (75 KB, 592x750) Image search: [Google]
1352507999698.jpg
75 KB, 592x750
Commando is the greatest film of all time.

Fact.
>>
predator is better
>>
>>68658030
The high res pictures of Bennet showing that his chainmail is actually not chainmail but a fucking cloth ruined the entire fucking film for me.. I seriously hate it now.
>>
It's every 80s action movie ever and in that respect it's perfect. I've seen it like 30 times no lie
>>
>>68658304

lol
>>
>>68658030
How are we supposed to take the fat fuck villain with the pedostache seriously when against arnold in his prime?
>>
>>68658799

He was pretty scary at the end trying to kill Alyssa, that and his creepy eyes and sweaty skin made him look weird as fuck
>>
>>68658304
lol that makes it even better for me.
first of all it's campy af i love camp
second of all it might be part of the film. his character just had a knack for fashion.
>>
>>68658799
He isn't even the only fat fuck villain in the movie.
>>
>>68658867

Arnold's interview about it in the 80's is gold

https://multiglom.com/2010/07/04/schwarzenegger-the-1986-interview/

>Arnold was born in Graz, Austria, in 1947. He took up bodybuilding when he was 15. I ask, “Was that because you were getting sand kicked in your face?”

>‘There is no sand in Austria,” Arnold replies. His rather charming accent is just one of the many interesting aural effects to be heard in Commando. Apart from all the kerrunnch kersplat noises, there is also the Australian accent of bad guy Vernon Wells, best known as Wes in Mad Max 2. We’ve come a long way since distributors dubbed the original Mad Max into Americaspeak for US audiences

>“People are from all over the world in reality,” Arnold says. “There are people in the FBI that are not American-born; they may be Mexicans and Germans and so on; you just have to be an American citizen. If you’re born somewhere else you always will have somewhat of an accent, except if you go and train yourself to get rid of it. I had no special interest in getting rid of mine.”

>A lot of people get blown away in Commando. How does Arnold think his film differs from Rambo: First Blood Part II? “Have you seen both movies? You can see the difference? Good. Ha ha. I was worried for a moment… It’s a different movie. Mine is a battleground right in Los Angeles. Stallone’s battleground is Vietnam. His is a very politically oriented movie and mine is not at all. Mine is humour oriented. You can laugh and you can have a good time with it, and I don’t take myself seriously in the film either. I believe in comic relief, otherwise the whole thing becomes too intense and too heavy.”
>>
>>68658304
it's just a mesh shirt, why would he be wearing chainmail?!
>>
>>68658304
Why would you ever have thought it was chainmail? Who the fuck wears chainmail? Are you autistic?
>>
>Bennetts camp run as he runs off to face matrix
>>
its not even the best arnie movie

step up pleb
>>
>>68658030
A few years ago I read an article written by Marc Lester, the director of Commando, titled "Why Commando is the Best Film Ever Made", or something like that. Shit was hilarious.
>>
>>68660177

>the screenjunkies links don't work anymore

FFS
>>
File: 1161616065_meyxana01.jpg (43 KB, 570x799) Image search: [Google]
1161616065_meyxana01.jpg
43 KB, 570x799
>.az

mfw
>>
>>68658030
YOU'RE A DEAD MAN MATRIX
>>
>>68658030
No argument here
>>
>>68660856
I'M NOT GUNNA SHOOT YOU BETWEEN THE EYES JOHN

I'M GUNNA SHOOT YOU BETWEEN THE BALLS
>>
Right?
>>
It's OK up until he starts killing the dindus. How is he supposed to be the hero again? Also worst antagonist of all time.
Overrated as fuck.
>>
>>68662543

Here's your reply
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.