[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Horace and Pete
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 06dd2ad0a1c8e783.jpg (320 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
06dd2ad0a1c8e783.jpg
320 KB, 800x800
It's actually good when it's not trying to be preachy, and even if you don't like Louis C.K., you have to admit the reast of the cast is amazing.
>Steve Buscemi
>Alan Alda
>Jessica Lange
>Edie Falco
>>
>>68646931
>my stand-up special made money without me paying for ads that means I can do the same thing with my show which cost 50 times as much and will require 50 times more paying viewers to turn a profit

I thought Jews were good with money.
>>
No it wasn't and I'm tired of the fucking shilling for this piece of shit.
>>
The newest WTF with CK is all about this show. Louie likes jerking off so much that he's turned every second of his life into an act of masturbation.
>>
>>68647133
No shit, WTF is so popular now that people go on it to promote their shit as if it was a tv talk show. Julia Louis-Dreyfus even admitted she was only there for Veep in her recent interview.
>>
>>68647358
Same as /tv/, APPARENTLY
>>
>>68646996
It was pretty great actually, the third episode was one of the best episodes of a show that I've ever seen. Not all of it was that good, but it was creative, emotional, and unique. What exactly did you hate so much about it?
>>
>>68647133
>>68647358
thats how shows have worked since the beginning of talk shows
>>
>>68647679
>actually
No, it was trash, ACTUALLY. It was pretentious, overextended, took avant garde risks without the necessary creative chops, and the poetics were extremely derivative.
>>
>>68647766
except wtf is a podcast. Almost none of those are worth spending time on during a press tour.
>>
>And there’s ways we can continue, and that bar’s in storage, and I’ve thought about writing other things and I might. You know this last — this kid Horace, at the end? That’s, I don’t know if you know who that was, but that’s Angus T. Jones, he’s the kid on ‘Two and a Half Men.’ ”

what the fuck is going through his head here?

he really thinks it's a good idea to continue the series with just edie falco and angus t jones?
>>
>>68647766
Listen to the episode and you’ll know what I mean. He's not promoting it. He's reliving every moment of its creation in awe. It's a bit much.
>>
>>68647818
wtf is a very popular podcast though, especially after his Obama interview
>>
>>68647815
It had an atypical aesthetic, characters that faced real struggle, good acting, and it was a valid artistic experiment. I can see a lot of your criticisms, but if you think trying something challenging and coming up with a hit or miss run qualifies as garbage you must have pretty shallow expectations. Failing at something challenging is more admirable and interesting than succeeding at something generic. It would help if you were less vague too, anybody can spitball negative adjectives. What did you think about the third episode with his ex-wife?
>>
>>68646931
I cant comment on the story but the technical side of things is fucking horrendous. Theres no way this cost him 500K an episode.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.