[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did American movie theaters become such a topic of fascination
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6
File: 1441698126439.jpg (47 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
1441698126439.jpg
47 KB, 300x400
Why did American movie theaters become such a topic of fascination for this board?
>>
Because they're bizarre if you didn't grow up going to them.
>>
File: 1461017974655.jpg (293 KB, 868x884) Image search: [Google]
1461017974655.jpg
293 KB, 868x884
>SORRY SIR SINGLES ONLY
>>
>>68646280
What's bizarre about it? $8 for tickets, $10 for popcorn, just go in.
>>
>go to see zootopia
>they ran out of crablegs
>they refuse to let my hawk in, therefore Im single
>I have to be put in the chair of shame until someone wants to pair with me
>some autist picks me
>we climb up the cinema sand dunes
>movie begins
>furries begin yipping through out the movie
>stranger starts to slide his hand down my pants
>dont want cum cum, I would fail penis inspection aftet the movie and be sprayed down
>have to rebuke his advances throughout the entire movie
>6/10 would watch again
>>
>>68647907

Fucking weirdos
>>
>>68646266
because I really need to know what is the optimal way to plan several return trips to the concession stand to top up on butter for my popcorn, without missing too much of the trailers
>>
>>68647907
>8 dollars for a ticket

I fucking wish
>>
Because they're places where Americans go to voluntarily become sitting ducks in a shooting gallery.

Very bizarre.
>>
>tfw failed class 4 cinema goers license for the fifth time
>literally no idea what these "kinos" /tv/ keeps talking about are
>not allowed to retake for another month

jdimsa
>>
>go in singles
>can only buy bottom shelf candy because of singles policy
>it's shit like dots and sweedish fish
>tfw junior mints top shelf
>>
>>68646266

I think it really began with this guy and the big guy threads coinciding with it.
>>
>>68651581
>he doesn't like sweedish fish
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 420x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 420x480
>paying movies
>paying for shitty popcorn
>>
File: birth-day34.jpg (212 KB, 635x424) Image search: [Google]
birth-day34.jpg
212 KB, 635x424
>>68646266
Where'd you find that pic of my wife's son's dad?
>>
>>68646266
Because who gives a shit about Europe unless it's in a movie
>>
>Anon wants to see new film but has to go alone, is terrified he'll look like a pedofork autist, asks /TV for advice
>/TV tells him to just be normal, maybe avoid films and screentimes with families and children and not make a scene
>Reassured, he goes to film
>Buys ticket, qt vendor asks if he's looking forward to the new release and whether he wants any snacks or drinks?
>Doesn't know how to respond, tells vendor "I don't know, they didn't tell me"
>Vendor briefly looks puzzled, trying to process this, then smiles and tells him she hopes he enjoys the film
>Anon thinks she's internally mocking him, he flees in tears
>Waits a month, newer film is released, reposts again on /TV, asking for advice
>>
>>68651605
>go to American movie theater
>get caught
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.