[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the verdict, /tv/? Is this show truly as good as
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: memeshow?.jpg (105 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
memeshow?.jpg
105 KB, 600x600
What's the verdict, /tv/? Is this show truly as good as people say it is? Or is it hyped up reddit garbage?
>>
season 4 sucked dick
>>
That lesbian whore mutilated her face and it hurt to watch her.
>>
Currently rewatching for the first time since it ended. Seven episodes in and it's still great, funny and clever tv comedy. Nothing else quite like it.
>>
>>68639919
It's reddit-tier "humour".
>>
>>68639919
funny for like 3 seasons.
>>68640030
and this. I don't know how nobody cared enough about her to tell her it was a shit job but she made like a whole additional season with it.
>>
>>68639948
What was wrong with it?
>>
>>68640049
What defines "reddit-tier 'humour'"?
>>
Season 1 - 3 = classic. Have watched about five times since it first aired and still gold every time.

Season 4 was literally unwatchable. I got through 5 or 6 episodes and had to stop. Retained zero of what made the original run so great.
>>
>>68640086
Everything.
>>
File: jxAWHjK.webm (523 KB, 500x284) Image search: [Google]
jxAWHjK.webm
523 KB, 500x284
>>
>>68640089
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
>>
>>68640254
leave this board
>>
File: 1453960539319.jpg (2 MB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
1453960539319.jpg
2 MB, 5000x5000
>>68640225
Tobias Funke, Analrapist, is one of the funniest tv characters ive ever watched

>Im afraid I just blue myself
>>
AD/Firefly cross over, WHEN
>>
>>68640129
I love when people say BUT YOU HAVE TO REWATCH IT IF YOU WANNA LAUGH about s4

Nah man, original show was funny because it had both smart, but simple AND hidden jokes in it. Also, it's not 2002 anymore, there's million of other comedies, i don't want to re-watch 40-minute episode to laugh twice more
>>
great show, easily the best tv comedy ever for me, the one I laughed most at

comedy as a genre is pretty weak anyway so that wasn't hard, but yeah I found it hilarious and insanely rewatchable

also it has tons of characters that are really strong and unique, something that comedy is dire at
>>
>>68640429
What shows are really funny though? I can't think of any recent shows that are good at all
>>
>>68640533
HBO's Animals was pretty hilarious
>>
It is one of my personal favorites.
>>
>>68640533
Happy Endings, Kimmy Scmidt for rapid-fire jokes.You're The Worst, Master of None, Baskets for darker, character-based comedy.

TV is different nowadays, big, crowd-pleasing, but smart comedies don't exist anymore, there's either bland, but popular shit like MF and BBT or a bunch of weirder, smaller comedies, a lot of them are on FX/FXX and Netflix
>>
>>68640533
Silicon Valley S01
Childrens Hospital is probably the funniest show of recent years.
>>
>>68640787
>>68640755
Oh yeah, Silicon Valley and Veep too, Veep is actually getting better with every season, it's amazing
>>
>>68639919
I just finished watching it as it's certainly worth watching. It's pretty funny.
>>
Money in the bznanna stand and huge mistakeare the only good jokes. The rest islame. Curb is waaaay better.

>spongecakes
>>
>>68640254
I will physically fight you my dude
>>
>>68640787
jesus Christ, silicon valley is not funny at all, it's an ok program but it's not funny at all
>>
>>68640254
How I would love to cuck you
>>
>>68641022
faggot
>>
>>68640429
Really? I loved AD because of its rewatch value. I can watch any ep and find something new.

I disliked S4 at first too, but upon rewatching it I realized I had missed a lot the first time around.

It's inferior to the original 3 seasons, but I find that it got better the second time around.

Just something to consider; I genuinely want people to enjoy it like I do.
>>
>>68640086
>>68640156
Mainly it wasn't as good because they couldn't get the whole cast together at one time. The show worked because of the way the ensemble played off of each other. Everyone's schedule was fucked so they made due with what they had. Shouldn't have even done it if they couldn't have done it right.
>>
Season 4 is a piece of shit. No doubt about that. AD did some really awesome stuff, I don't think I've ever watched a comedy with continuity between seasons and episodes as good as this one.
>>
>Mr F
This joke was pretty shit.
Not the twist reveal but the "~Mr F~" part. It was just a shitty version of
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUFACvZl1cM
for me
>>
AD is genius. Shitting on it is just trying to latch onto an identity. Even if it's not your idea of humour, or you don't find it funny, it's still kind of genius.
>>
>>68643240
It still had its moments, but it was a let down...probvably why there isn't a 5.
>>
Season four sucks but it's a noble failure sort of failure (the entire concept is pretty ballsy in terms of ambition).

They had to shoot it like they did because everyone had different shit going on career-wise and they all couldn't be on the set together save for a couple of days for filming.

Plus, IIRC they didn't really tell viewers HOW decompressed the story would be or that each of the episodes would overlap with each other or that it was going to be one of those shows where the entire season had to be viewed several times in full to understand the story and the callbacks and shit.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.