[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would YOU fix it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 12
File: image.jpg (103 KB, 659x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103 KB, 659x960
How would YOU fix it?
>>
>>68638131
by doing nothing, its perfect the way it is.
now fuck off pleb.
- z snyder OUT
>>
>>68638131
More Quips.
>>
Make dad die of cancer instead of STOP INVINCIBLE SON
>>
>>68638166
or Add some danger to superman with the Zod Fight at least. Some form of threat to super mans life. It would be odd to just kill him off suddenly after his life is never in danger once . . .

Sadly the only was to do that is to have him not in the movie, it being HIS movie is kinda dumb to do...

but then again, this is probably why you don't see many movies about immortal gods that have no threat to them.

I still havn't seen a movie staring any immortal gods ... movie starring 'c'thulu' won't happen.
>>
>>68638131

First off, I'd make bat and supes fight BECAUSE both their moms are name Martha. Not stop because of it.

Then, I'd make that scene happen first.

Then, I'd make them fight for 90 mins before rolling credits.
>>
>>68638213
This. I would agree. Be a much better natural.
>>
File: Superman.jpg (152 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
Superman.jpg
152 KB, 1280x1024
>>68638131

never make the fucking thing when a masterpiece already exists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUUGDRxJnFU
>>
>>68638265

Oops sorry wrong movie
>>
Tell that to Zod's snapped neck.
>>
File: knee.jpg (107 KB, 550x742) Image search: [Google]
knee.jpg
107 KB, 550x742
>>68638323
Oops sorry wrong movie
>>
File: skMRVgA.jpg (71 KB, 960x708) Image search: [Google]
skMRVgA.jpg
71 KB, 960x708
>>68638323

Shh it's the weekend, the kids are out of school. You can't post actual cinema now.
>>
File: superman.jpg (42 KB, 806x456) Image search: [Google]
superman.jpg
42 KB, 806x456
>>68638404
forgot one... ben affleck.
>>
File: Acktuallly.jpg (136 KB, 1000x533) Image search: [Google]
Acktuallly.jpg
136 KB, 1000x533
>>68638131
I mean, its a page one rewrite. Goyer wrote garbage, Snyder directed garbage.

Honestly there are a handful of things from what we saw that I would even keep. Cavill in interviews and other movies is clearly pretty charming. He'd probably be the only cast member I'd keep. I liked that there was no Kryptonite.

That's pretty much it.

I'd ditch Zod, I'd ditch yet another death of Krypton thing. I'd ditch all that growing up in Smallville shit. I'd sure as hell ditch all the mopey jesus shit both this and Superman Returns did.

Fuck me, I don't understand how every Superman movie short of the first one is absolute dogshit. Even that one has serious issues in the third act.
>>
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 523x520) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 523x520
Like this KEK!!!
>>
>>68638521
lolololo!!!
>>
>>68638131
It don't need fixin' son
>>
Leave it as it is, it's near perfect.

3 years later and it's still confusing idiots.
>>
>>68638520
Yeah, but this is still a new field on making Superman/comic book movies.

There's a lot of 'exploration' to be done. You know, success and fails, what works what doesn't work.

We havn't seen many superman moives, or tv shows, or comic books to really have any understanding of WHO superman really is, or what he represents.

also it takes a lot more understanding of what makes a good comic book movie.

One day you'll get someone like Nolan or Ramimi to really do it justice.

What I wonder is if they will do a Justice League one day or not. That's the real trick, baiting the audiance into wanting something. a fine are.
>>
>>68638597
Even the idiots that watch movies for a living.

Even the idiots that know superman inside and out.

Even the idiots that liked the movie.

Even the idiots that know art.
>>
>>68638720
It's pretty hilarious actually
>>
>>68638597
Oops sorry wrong movie
>>
>>68638838
Oops sorry wrong post
>>
>>68638131
>fire hans zimmer and get literally ANYBODY ELSE to do the score.
>make superman more confident and less mopey
>let the movie have color
>allow Russel Crowe to act
>make Jonathen Kent die in a way that Clark could never have stopped. (all these things i can do, all these powers, and i couldn't even save him).
>have superman and Lois not make out at the moment they did (wow, guys. thousands of people are dead, a third of the city has just been leveled, and you decide to make out?).
>let superman have the red underwear (a real man would wear that shit proudly and not be afraid)
>give him the hair curl in the front (again, a real man would rock that shit even if a lot of people thought it was silly. what are they gonna do? he's superman).
>don't destroy half of metropolis.

everything else isn't fixable (mainly the absolutely ridiculous cgi DBZ style fight scenes). that's all i can think of at the moment.
>>
>>68638936
Score was great
>>
>>68638936
I'm really glad you'll never have any control over anything.
>>
>>68638801
I saw the movie in theaters, and know my flics, I couldn't really get excited for it. The end was awesome, but in the end it was just superman flying fast and going spider-man 3 emo about killing the guy that was trying to kill every single person on the entire planet that was only able to be stopped by superman, and was as dangerous and powerful as.

It was a weird movie. An immortal god is a poor hero. even poorer villain.

To have MoS start off with a weaker villain would have been cool, but then it just would have been Megamind, or Incredibles.

You know there's been a LOT of hero movies, and very few people that can explain why Man of Steel is PERFECT, errrr, sorry. NEAR perfect, as you say.

I know it's a troll.
>>
File: image.jpg (72 KB, 815x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72 KB, 815x600
General Zod action figure for sale for $49.99!!!

>Snapped Neck included!!

>Get your orders within 20 minutes and receive $20 OFF.
>>
>>68639013
>score was great

people think there's no problem with the score just because the music wasn't bad. it was mostly forgettable. i don't expect the music in a superman movie to be forgettable.
>>
TELL
>>
>>68639224
>>68639258
I'm baffled at how assmad DCucks are at that guy.
>>
>>68639161
i know right? why make a movie that isn't boring and insulting to the viewers?
>>
>>68639258
>still trying to force this
>>
>>68638131
leave it mostly the same

Zod actually manages to zap out a few civilians and jumps around like a cafeinated Yoda before the iconic neck snapping
>>
>>68638936
>Score was great
but your second comment is the best. Superman feels like it's turning into Spider-Man 3 stretched out into multiple movies. Angst without justification. But then it's all gone the next movie, and he's out there cock bumping against Super-Man. Doesn't really learn much more because he knew so much in the start.

But yeah, super-man fighting an impossible scenario is something that made Into Darkness a better movie then MoS. Even though they save kirk in the end.

The DBZ fight at the end was shitty, and I love DBZ. It was the shitty kind of DBZ fight.
>>
>>68638427
He didn't play Superman. He played George Reeves.
>>
>>68639190
It's a really compelling movie that tries to realistically capture what the introduction of superbeings to the world would be like, trying to depict what a battle in these movies would actually be like without glossing it over. portraying both the human/supergod POV and contrasting them.

It's really the only particularly compelling superhero movie.

Why do you act like a 13 year old?
>>
File: audrey_hepburn_biography_4a.jpg (41 KB, 1024x735) Image search: [Google]
audrey_hepburn_biography_4a.jpg
41 KB, 1024x735
>>68638131
I'd set it a year or two after the events of MoS (giving Batman prep time). Introduce Lex but don't make him a major villain, just a looming threat. Remove Doomsday. Remove dream sequences. Add a dash more "Lois and Clark", a dash more Wonder Woman.

Cover in foil and bake at 350 degrees for ONLY two hours and make the last 30 minutes Superman fighting Batman.

MOVIE
FUCKING
FIXED
>>
>>68639560
you would set MOS a year or two after the events of itself? that would be a weird and confusing movie.
>>
>>68638213
That was pretty stupid. He could've still saved him, he's super fast isn't he? nobody would have seen him, nobody would have figured anything out.
Oh mister kent, how are you still alive?
W-well, I've been blessed, Jesus saved me
More pottery for snyder
>>
>>68639807
>he's super fast isn't he?
no, not at this point.
>>
>>68638404
Why is Tom welling after Brandon Routh when Routh came after Welling?
>>
>>68639742
Oh my bad, I thought we were talking about BvS.

MoS isn't that bad. Just changing some of the Lois Lane stuff would make it great. I guess you could complain about the blatant advertising and stuff but it personally didn't bother me. If you see a fight in small town america you're going to see a gas station and an Ihop and shit like that, so I thought it was a least tasteful.
>>
>>68639870
Maybe they're referencing the fact that the series ended in 2010.
>>
Same thing I'd do with BvS.

I would have the story hold the viewers hand more, like a Marvel flick so the audience can turn off their brain. And add more quips.
>>
>>68640090
I'm glad BvS failure has given DCucks brain damage.
>>
>>68640090
>tfw you actually need to do this
it really amazes me how a movie that's not even particularly subtle or intricate goes over peoples heads.

their reactions to it is hilarious as well, retards are a good laugh.
>>
>>68640179
Stop pretending cheap symbolism can save that joint.
>>
>>68640216
what do you think the symbolism is?
>>
>>68638131
Pa Kent has heart attack instead of hurricane.
No kiss in Metropolis' ashes.
Make Supes look more visibly beat up in the Zod fight.
Don't have the girl soldier saying "He's cute" at the end. Maybe cut the drone bit entirely.
>>
Just make it this scene on repeat for an hour and a half
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSjI7gwuKtg

true kino
>>
File: 3101210-birthright3.png (2 MB, 668x1019) Image search: [Google]
3101210-birthright3.png
2 MB, 668x1019
>adapt Superman Birthright with a few changes
>Adapt Batman:Year one with some changes, maybe add in one line about Superman
>you now have a foundation for a good DCEU
>>
1. Remove the shitty filter and brighten it the fuck up. It is Superman for fucks sake.
2. >>68638213
3. In the fight with Zod, have Superman actively trying to get him away from the city. Still kill him though.
4. recast Lois. Some rather unknown, decent actress. Instead of an ill looking Amy Adams.
5. Have Jimmy Olsen(a red headed, freckled, small Jimmy Olsen) introduce himself on Clark's first day at the Daily Planet in the post credits scene. Have a newspaper mentioning billionaire mogul Lex Luthor.
>>
>>68639245
>mostly forgettable

You must have a shit memory because the MoS Theme is one of the only capeshit songs I actually remember.
>>
I've thought about it more then I'm proud to admit, and there are 2 major things that would make the movie better than it is.

1) Have Jonathan Kent die in a more obviously meaningful way

2) Show Lois and Clark falling in love better

BvS is alot harder to fix
>>
>>68638131
By encouraging all really stupid people to get themselves spayed or neutered and re-releasing it in about 30 years.
>>
do something besides a remake of the first two christopher reeve movies. not an origin story, no zod and gang

also give it to better filmmakers than david goyer and zack snyder
>>
>>68639426
damn you're dumb
>>
File: 1446062442583.jpg (38 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1446062442583.jpg
38 KB, 413x395
>>68638262
It's not like Zod couldn't kill him. This argument is retarded. People act like Superman is unkillable when he was A: pushed to his limits in MoS and B: killed twice in BvS.
>>
>>68639394
Fat loser.
>>
>>68638131
By not making it and throwing it in the trash where it belongs.
>>
>>68642073
>Elfman's batman
>Williams' superman
>Elfman's spiderman

all of these are not only memorable, but legitimately pleasant to hum. the MOS theme is lots of build up, then it just drones on instead of giving us any kind of melodic payoff.
>>
>>68638131
By telling it to Zod's snapped neck
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.