[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hasbro cinematic universe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 15
File: G.I-Joe.jpg (980 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
G.I-Joe.jpg
980 KB, 1920x1080
Hasbro’s cinematic universe has assembled its writers room, with a Pulitzer Prize winner, an Eisner-winning comic book author and Marvel Studios scribes among those who will be clacking the keyboard.

Michael Chabon, who wrote the novel The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay and worked on Spider-Man 2; Brian K. Vaughan, the creator of seminal comic works Y: The Last Man and Saga and showrunner of Under the Dome; and Guardians of the Galaxy and Captain Marvel co-writer Nicole Perlman, will help develop a plan for the creation of an interconnected onscreen universe featuring Hasbro’s G.I. Joe, Micronauts, Visionaries, M.A.S.K. (Mobile Armored Strike Kommand) and ROM brands.

>G.I. Joe
>Micronauts
>Visionaries
>M.A.S.K. (Mobile Armored Strike Kommand)
>ROM

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/hasbro-cinematic-universe-takes-shape-886316

GI Joe, which already flopped twice, and a bunch of literally who dead franchises. Surely box office gold.
>>
crickets.mp3
>>
>>68629304
>Based ROM movie will be made in my lifetime
>Not in the MCU
>Based Gunn won't direct it
Why
Fucking
Even
>>
File: the future of cinéma.png (142 KB, 714x984) Image search: [Google]
the future of cinéma.png
142 KB, 714x984
>>
>>68629801
>Beyblade

No Nooooooooooooo!
>>
Duke is alive. Cap this.
>>
this sounds like a good way for universal to go bankrupt
>>
>>68630561

wait i mean paramount
>>
>>68629707
>Based Gunn won't direct it
Why so he can make it Avengers in Farscape clothes?
>>
>no G.I. Joe and Transformers crossover

Why

Also no Jem, what the fuck
>>
File: 1461262885676.gif (224 KB, 500x115) Image search: [Google]
1461262885676.gif
224 KB, 500x115
>>68629304
>Hasbro Cinematic Universe
Are you fucking kidding me?
>>
>>68630664
What?
>>
File: 45724582458.jpg (21 KB, 372x260) Image search: [Google]
45724582458.jpg
21 KB, 372x260
I just want GI Joe 3. I feel like I was one of the only people who actually had fun watching the first one, and I love the second one.

I loved MASK as a kid and would love to see it return. If it's a spinoff of GI Joe that would be plenty neat. Still, if you're going to do a connected universe with GI Joe and not have Transformers be part of it, it seems kind of pointless to me. I know it'd be pretty much impossible with the TF movie franchise as it currently exists, but the crossover comics have always been the stuff childhood dreams are made of.
>>
>>68631996
Not to mention that having GI-joe scale Transformers toys that turn into vehicles that GI joes can fit inside of would be the tightest shit ever.
>>
>>68629304
classic Hasbro, they see something that is giving some one mad shekels and they try to get on the train... except they always do at the end of the fad and fail.

I saw it with the Joes toys:
-Neon colors in early nineties (because cartoons etc)
-Ninja force, where everyone was a fucking ninja (probably because of late 80's movies and TMNT craze)
-Eco-Warriors, ripping off Capt Planet and the craze about taking care of Earth and shit.

And now that BvS basically killed movie universes where different characters intermingle in several movies, they come about and do this lol.

I just hope the toys are cool, the last wave of Retaliation was pretty solid.
>>
None of those things will work as a live-action movie.

They're cool as toys and even a comic books and 80's cartoons but that's it.
>>
>>68632027
or rather, they will miniaturize the joes and make them 5POA shit if we are lucky. It'll be like sigma six vehicles again.
>>
>>68629801
>how'd you like your cinematic universe sir?
>>
>>68631996
I love G.I. Joe but I despise Transformers, I think they are pretty stupid and I hate that they are going to mix, ugh.
>>
>>68632535
It's hard selling GI Joe as anything realistic thanks to liberals who don't like cartoons and things aimed at kids that emphasize good and bad using guns with bullets instead of lasers to shoot at each other.

So in order to mass-market they're kind of forced into being more sci-fi than the movies should be.
>>
File: yuge.jpg (76 KB, 358x415) Image search: [Google]
yuge.jpg
76 KB, 358x415
>>68629801
>Monopoly
>>
Finally they will use my four hour GI Joe script
>>
>>68631996
I hate the first one, I like the parts of the second one that felt more like GI Joe but they seem scared to go all the way with it, most of it is still semi realistic military men real guns and such.
>>
>cinematic universe
>>
They need to re-hire Larry Hama. He wrote the comics (which were actually very good) and pretty much created the 80's Joe line.
>>
>>68629304
Maybe if they used Transformers as the keystone of the the Hasbro universe then they would have a shot at success, you could very easily link the two GIJoe films with the four Transformers films.
>>
>>68633113
How are they going to explain how 4 big events with giant robots happened, but they never felt like bringing them up in the last two Joe movies?
>>
They should have made Snake Eyes the protagonist in the first and start from the Vietnam era. Introduce the Cobra threat as an rogue nation/ideology (they operating from within the US is pretty dumb) and how they needed to do an Elitest of the Elites team of operators to operate where Cobra strikes.

Then the second we get Duke and the cobra civil war maybe, anything but the shit we got where they all got killed except for Roadblock, manlet-flint who doesn't even wear a beret, and teen looking Lady-Jaye.

At least the Toys were good.
>>
Im really fucking sick of this cinematic universe bullshit.
>>
>>68633195
It has literally no relevance. The destruction of an entire city is comparable to real life tradeties that they didn't randomly take time to acknowledge.

>>68633113
They could do that if the movies were actually ABOUT the Transformers. The way they're doing it with their characters like Sam I cant see a crossover ever happening unless that is abandoned.
>>
>>68633201
Snake Eyes was shit and should only be a secondary character. This shit with emphasizing ninja shit while even doing cutaways for flashbacks of ninja shit only helped make the movies suck because other than the oldest of the old-school Joe fans no one really gave a shit about the back story of a secondary character.
>>
>>68633195
You could maybe set the Joe films in that period between T3 and T4 where the Transformers went into hiding and say the advanced tech the Joes use is from reverse engineering the Transformers and the Joes getting disbanded in 2 would explain why they weren't in T4.
>>
>>68633505
You're putting much more thought into this than the studio executives that had dollar signs in their eyes when they heard the phrase "cinematic universe."
>>
>>68631996
>I was one of the only people who actually had fun watching the first one

I didn't completely hate it, if that means anything. It probably helps that I don't give a shit about G.I. Joe, so there was no "muh childhood is raped", and my friends and I were giving it a half-assed MST3K treatment when we were watching it. I also acknowledged that if I was 10 again, I would have probably loved it. There was a stretch of time where I would watch Twister at least once a month as a kid, so I didn't exactly have discerning taste.
>>
>>68629801
Not gonna lie, I'm hyped as fuck of the MLP movie.
>>
>>68633505
If they had foresight they could have had Bay incorporate the Joes as working alongside the autobots instead of generic regular soldiers

But it's too late for that.
>>
>>68633341
Snake Eyes was a commando first you moron, he was on a LRRP in 'Nam with Stalker and Storm Shadow among others. They don't even need to make him a ninja for him to be cool, he being a ninja only is a meme.

I agree he's the Mary Sue of the Gi Joes but he's cool as fuck ninja or not.
>>
File: Fuck it.gif (2 MB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
Fuck it.gif
2 MB, 360x270
>>68629801
>A Playdoh film
>>
>>68629304
Who exactly is this for, 40-year-olds? I'm 32, and have at least vague memories of G.I. Joe and M.A.S.K at the very end of the 80s, but I've never fucking heard of Micronauts, Visionaries, or ROM.
>>
>>68633664
Maybe those soldiers where G.I. Joes all along.

They sure looked the part in the first two.
>>
>>68629707
If it meant that ROM and the Micronauts could join the MCU, I would be okay with Disney buying out Hasbro (even if, from the Disney execs' perspective, all that really mattered was the money pouring in from that midget horse toyline).
>>
>>68633718
Me too, and I only stayed with gi joe because of the toys. Never heard of micronauts, visionaries and the others. 31yo btw
>>
>>68633686
I know. He as a commando fucked up in Vietnam. But in the movies they skipped that part and went straight to ninja flashbacks.
>>
>be a GI Joe fan
>get only one acceptable movie (Retaliation)
>Transformers get 4 movies
>they're all shit and they keep making more and Transformers fans get a shit ton of toys
>>
>>68633807
If they do ROM right then there probably won't be any humans in it

That means fuckloads of liberals saying "WELL TODAY'S NEGROES AND GAYS AND TRANSGENDERS AND LATINOS AND WOMEN AND (FILL IN BLANK) CAN'T RELATE IT SO WE NEED TO MAKE IT MORE RELATABLE SO IT PROPERLY REPRESENTS!"

And it'll probably end up being like FF: Rise of the Silver Surfer minus the Fantastc Four to find a way to make it human-centric.

And those second-wave Micronauts comics in the 80's were pretty cool BUT I don't see people embracing a live-action version of them.
>>
>>68633952
>they're all shit

I like all but the second one. Sue me. The dinobots wrecking shit = cooler than anything in capeshit except maybe the Nolan stuff.
>>
>>68631996
I loved the second and I don't even care about GI Joe. It was a tip top retarded action flick.
>>
File: SnakeEyesTrilogy.jpg (168 KB, 290x444) Image search: [Google]
SnakeEyesTrilogy.jpg
168 KB, 290x444
>there is now a minute chance that we will see the snake eyes trilogy mini-arc on film
>>
>>68633201
The producers would never agree to have a mute main character. Never gonna happen.
>>
>>68629801
the M:tG movie could either be really good or unbearably awful
>>
>>68633708
Aren't you excited for toykino?
>>
>>68634069
This is why no one takes people who shit on capeshit seriously.
>>
>>68634189
It'll suck but somehow will probably suck a lot less than the flood of capeshit and SW
>>
File: Matt.jpg (256 KB, 825x638) Image search: [Google]
Matt.jpg
256 KB, 825x638
>>68629304
>M.A.S.K

Fuck yeah
>>
>>68634136
The Snake-Eyes arc is over after Retaliation. There's no loose ends.
>>
File: Phelps.jpg (16 KB, 310x361) Image search: [Google]
Phelps.jpg
16 KB, 310x361
>>68634250
>Dinobots wreck a city = stupid

>capeshits wreck a city = FUCK YEAR TURN YOUR BRAIN OFF AND IT'S TEH AWESOME
>>
>>68634292
>the whole movie is about a boy and his R2D2 scooter
>>
>>68634353
>quoting something I didn't say
>>
>>68634365
It'll come across as a group of humans using appropriated transformer tech, and probably won't work too well.

It's great as a classic cartoon but I just don't see a shallow audience taking to it in live action.
>>
>>68633045
isn't he still writing the comic?
>>
>>68634458
As far as I know he writes various independent-publisher mini-series comics while signing autographs at conventions now
>>
>>68630928
(Capeshit) dressed up as (space opera) aka Redditors of the Galaxy
>>
>>68634307
A man can dream. Give it to the Spartacus guys and make a mini-series. Shit a Netflix/Starz/HBO GI Joe series with a different arc each season could be interesting. Movie continuity has ruled out all the comic stories for movie sequels anyway.
>>
>>68633905
But I wasnt talking about the actual movies I was just ranting about how they should have done it.
>>
>>68634453
a GI Joe/MASK mashup could work.
But they won't do that.
>>
>>68634754
Wasn't saying Snake-Eyes is done, just that particular arc.

I wish they would bring back the Baroness and 100% evil.
>>
>>68632535
>I just hope the toys are cool, the (second to) last wave of Retaliation was pretty solid.
Too bad it never went to retail, mostly just junk chains like 5 Below. The actual final wave was re-issues of a lot of Wave 1 figures.

>classic Hasbro, they see something that is giving some one mad shekels and they try to get on the train... except they always do at the end of the fad and fail.
That's any big toy company's M.O. for many decades.
>>
>>68635122

She's the one they ruined the hardest in the movies. She's easily the best character in the franchise and in the end of the original series most of Joe gets killed off, most of Cobra gets killed off, and she reigns supreme as ruler of Cobra.

BUT in the movies she's a short no-tits blonde chick who's really good made evil by nanomachines

It's bullshit.
>>
>>68629801
>Tonka

how the fuck

literally the only thing with potential on there is Magic
>>
>>68635461
>TONKA SAVES THE WORLD FROM ALIENS

Just like Battleshit. And Play-Doh will probably do the same.
>>
>>68635122
>>68635331
That's kind of what I was getting at. The established movie canon would maybe need to be rebooted/tooled/imagined in some way to 'fix' things for an extended universe. So many good characters dead or poorly imagined, and so many story ideas that can't be used because of that. I'm not discounting the possibility of a great new idea coming up either though.
>>
i would kill for a good dungeons and dragons movie desu senpai

that is one that doesnt mention attributes out loud...
>>
File: cobrapoor.jpg (148 KB, 637x845) Image search: [Google]
cobrapoor.jpg
148 KB, 637x845
Cobra Commander was a cool guy.

>Tried to get the world off fiat currencies.
>Built a massive r&r facility at his own expenese for his troops to relax
>Used CGI to change the ending to King Kong.
>Had health insurance for his troops.
>His troops could file for unemployment despite being a terrorist origination.

https://a.pomf.cat/bpjghq.webm

https://a.pomf.cat/dthnea.webm

https://a.pomf.cat/mfjeec.webm

https://a.pomf.cat/vkoytg.webm
>>
>>68635851
But why? D&D is just a generic fantasy backdrop for you to get into wacky situations with the characters you and your friends make.
A D&D movie wouldn't have the spirit of D&D by default.
>>
>>68629304
If it's not GI:Joe and Transformers, then no one is gonna give a shit.
>>
File: Hollywood pls.jpg (365 KB, 1797x1000) Image search: [Google]
Hollywood pls.jpg
365 KB, 1797x1000
>>68629304
>ROM movie
say no more pham
Here's the template for the Iron Man 1-like first movie, mostly Earth based, covering the first arc and setting shit up for the next 2 movies.

You're welcome Hasbro
>>
Know what's the best part? All these retarded ass studios coming up with the "brilliant" idea of making their own cinematic universes, but none of them even have the slightest appeal of marvel capeshit which is what has made the MCU so successful

Like, seriously who the fuck is going to be excited for a monsters cinematic universe? Or a Hasbro cinematic universe? Are these people retarded?

Even the DCCU which was the closest potential threat to the MCU failed. Marvel has literally no competition because all other studios are retarded
>>
>>68635929
theres more than the setting to it

a good campaign has a nice mystery to it, you try to uncover the mystery behind something, you make companions, acquire artifacts, fight the big villain and fuck the elven chick

there is so much potential for a fun adventure movie, but so far they only focus on retarded shit instead of that
>>
>>68629304
M.A.S.K! DO THEY KNOW COMMAND DOESN'T START WITH A K.
>>
>>68635926
and he was a reptilian overlord in disguise
>>
bring back scarlet rachel
>>
>>68636369
seconded
>>
Micronauts and ROM should be in the MCU. Marvel are the only ones responsible for anyone giving a fuck about those two franchises.
>>
File: 1379269413967.jpg (227 KB, 600x452) Image search: [Google]
1379269413967.jpg
227 KB, 600x452
>>68636213
>>
>>68636073
A monsters cinematic universe sounds pretty cool. just do it like castlevania or some shit. Have the monsters be the bad guys and the heroes of their respective movies team up to beat them. Shit, I just hyped myself.
>>
>>68629801
They can afford it. Apparently the first Ouija movie made money? It will be a success but honestly holy shit is G.I. Joe the most boring property? A bunch of commandos with gimmicks. I can just watch Predator. The rest may be fine if they go the Lego movie route.
>>
>>68636213
>>68636470

delet this
>>
>>68629801
>hungry hungry hippos
>play-doh
>monopoly
is this a joke?
>>
>>68631996
I just want GI Joe remade in a way that actually resembles the original comics

Too bad that won't happen when it has to crossover with MASK and fucking Micronauts

Yes I like to pretend the G.I Joe vs Transformers comics never happened
>>
>>68636919
No. Hasbro is pretty slow. That's their reaction to the LEGO movie. There were more ideas from other companies.
>>
File: 1386511247644.jpg (36 KB, 1193x715) Image search: [Google]
1386511247644.jpg
36 KB, 1193x715
semi-unrelated, but
>hasbro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKDwG7FTwP4
>>
>>68636944
I don't really even understand why they felt they needed to change it and make it all "modern" or whatever. They could have easily just borrowed the chris nolan batman template and made it all grimdark and grounded andit would have worked and felt faithful to the source material, much better than with batman imo, and they could have still pretended it's modern and relevant or whatever.
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.