[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7
File: DCFAGS BTFO.png (41 KB, 627x440) Image search: [Google]
DCFAGS BTFO.png
41 KB, 627x440
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>68625257
>b-b-b-b-b g-g-g-g-g-guys t-t-t-this c-c-c-c-capes-s--shit was g-g-g-good! It h-h-h-had symb-b-b-bols and s-s-s--shit
>>
>>68625257
>Frozen rip off
>Theron goes muh strong women role models
>Thor eyecandy

The Huntsman is only second.
>>
>a movie that's been out a month isn't selling more than new movies

You're a special kind of stupid OP.
>>
File: 1461004607152.jpg (95 KB, 780x523) Image search: [Google]
1461004607152.jpg
95 KB, 780x523
>>68625257
>it's not even going to reach 900 million
>>
>m-m-muh capekino
>>
>>68625257
>In the year when Batman vs Superman came out, it ranked lower critically and commercially than Zootopia, an original Disney property.

That how much WB fucked up.
>>
File: aluhut_schnurer.jpg (35 KB, 469x353) Image search: [Google]
aluhut_schnurer.jpg
35 KB, 469x353
Clearly Marvel is behind this
>>
>it won't break 900m worldwide

>it won't break 350m domestic

JUST
>>
>>68625257
315M seems decent. I assume it underperformed, but it's not like it did terribly.
>>
Sucks, as I enjoyed it a lot.
But I don't know, I'm not as disappointed by the box-office as I would have thought. Obviously partly because it isn't a great movie, but also because I realised that if I got the DC cinematic universe that I want, it wouldn't be a crowd pleaser anyway.

Not many casual would be okay with Starro as the villain of JL, for starter.

So yeah, sucks that it's so low, but it's not as if it deserved to break records either. I personally enjoyed it, but I realise why many people wouldn't, even though I feel like it's ridiculous that it has less than 30% on RT.
>>
>>68625595

zootopia you fucking retard
>>
>>68625595
Zootopia came out 3 weeks before BvS.
>>
>>68625841
To a big Studio like WB having a movie underperform it might as well be a total flop. You need to not only recoup the cost of budget and marketing, but make at least twice as much profit to fund the next movie. These big studios now make all their money on these huge blockbusters so to have one only do decently is not a good sign for them.

At this point they've hedged their bets on this DCEU and they can't back out now.
>>
File: 1399627668921.jpg (159 KB, 666x666) Image search: [Google]
1399627668921.jpg
159 KB, 666x666
>>68625257
>FurryBait makes more money than Capeshit
EXPLAIN THIS SHIT NOW!!!
>>
>>68626095

Stop trying to understand how these things work because you are embarrassing.
>>
>>68625257
DC is inferior in every fucking way to Marvel, I love it. they are just starting their DCU while Marvel is about 8 years in with theirs. and their million different tv shows going on in their own universe is JUST
>>
>>68626158

A movie with well written characters, nice pacing, good visuals, funny all the way though and has an easily digestible moral (without being didactic) is more popular than a grimdark movie that totally fucks up the basics of storytelling while trying to be overly complex for no reason? I'm stumped how this could be the case We need to get Sherlock and Encyclopedia Brown to figure this shit out.
>>
>>68625841
BvS has worse legs than Fantastic 4.
>>
>>68625841
The drop off is how it flopped
>>
Noooo
Mommyfu's movie tanked
>>
>>68626729
Which one is that.
>>
>>68626570
BvS was born without legs.
Most people who wanted to watch it already did on release.
>>
File: just.jpg (283 KB, 1853x532) Image search: [Google]
just.jpg
283 KB, 1853x532
>>68625841
>>
>>68626095
This is the worst post I've read this month.
>>
>>68626904
No shit, you waste 400 million on a movie that's not even Justice League and this is what happens, not to talk that the movie was preceeded by just one movie and it wasn't received very well.
Funny enough, Suicide Squad had a 250 million development budget too.
I don't know what the hell WB is doing with their money.
>>
>>68625841
It's certainly not the big flop people are making it out to be, but the studio would definitely feel better about further big-ticket cape movies if it knew they were definite blockbusters. If one does just better than breaking even, there's a clear risk the next one might not.

You might say 'yeah, but there are never any guarantees,' and that's true, but this is why we have so many sequels and remakes - no one is up for a gamble now that big movies are so expensive.
>>
File: 16 - 1.gif (2 MB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
16 - 1.gif
2 MB, 250x250
>barbershop

Who is paying money to see this? Not niggers, obviously.
>>
>>68626512
This nigga speaks the truth.

As hilarious as it sounds, the glut of some kids animated movies from Disney, Pixar and Dreamworks have more depth and better characterisation than most 'adult' movies these day.
>>
>>68626158

A movie aimed at children is going to make more money than anything no matter how atrociously bad it is.

See The Minions
>>
>>68627650
Explains why BvS has made more money than Deadpool.
>>
>>68626822
Jessica Chastain in the hunstman
>>
File: This kills the DCuck.jpg (183 KB, 347x511) Image search: [Google]
This kills the DCuck.jpg
183 KB, 347x511
DCucks on suicide watch
>>
Batman v Superman would have been much better if they just made a film about Batman v Superman.

But instead, they made this sad, desperate attempt at getting some of those Avengers monnies.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.