[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wentworth on Facebook: Today I found myself the subject of an
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_o4rwc5UHk71rwdvuco1_500.jpg (70 KB, 500x612) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o4rwc5UHk71rwdvuco1_500.jpg
70 KB, 500x612
Wentworth on Facebook:
Today I found myself the subject of an Internet meme. Not for the first time.

This one, however, stands out from the rest.

In 2010, semi-retired from acting, I was keeping a low-profile for a number of reasons.

First and foremost, I was suicidal.

This is a subject I’ve since written about, spoken about, shared about.

But at the time I suffered in silence. As so many do. The extent of my struggle known to very, very few.

Ashamed and in pain, I considered myself damaged goods. And the voices in my head urged me down the path to self-destruction. Not for the first time.

I’ve struggled with depression since childhood. It’s a battle that’s cost me time, opportunities, relationships, and a thousand sleepless nights.

In 2010, at the lowest point in my adult life, I was looking everywhere for relief/comfort/distraction. And I turned to food. It could have been anything. Drugs. Alcohol. Sex. But eating became the one thing I could look forward to. Count on to get me through. There were stretches when the highlight of my week was a favorite meal and a new episode of TOP CHEF. Sometimes that was enough. Had to be.
>>
And I put on weight. Big f–king deal.

One day, out for a hike in Los Angeles with a friend, we crossed paths with a film crew shooting a reality show. Unbeknownst to me, paparazzi were circling. They took my picture, and the photos were published alongside images of me from another time in my career. “Hunk To Chunk.” “Fit To Flab.” Etc.

My mother has one of those “friends” who’s always the first to bring you bad news. They clipped one of these articles from a popular national magazine and mailed it to her. She called me, concerned.

In 2010, fighting for my mental health, it was the last thing I needed.

Long story short, I survived.

So do those pictures.

I’m glad.

Now, when I see that image of me in my red t-shirt, a rare smile on my face, I am reminded of my struggle. My endurance and my perseverance in the face of all kinds of demons. Some within. Some without.

Like a dandelion up through the pavement, I persist.

Anyway. Still. Despite.

The first time I saw this meme pop up in my social media feed, I have to admit, it hurt to breathe. But as with everything in life, I get to assign meaning. And the meaning I assign to this/my image is Strength. Healing. Forgiveness.

Of myself and others.

If you or someone you know is struggling, help is available. Reach out. Text. Send an email. Pick up the phone. Someone cares. They’re waiting to hear from you. Much love. - W.M.
>>
>>67671138
Memes are patient, memes are kind. They do not envy, they do not boast, they are not proud. They do not dishonor others, they are not self-seeking, they are not easily angered, they keep no record of wrongs. Memes do not delight in evil but rejoice with the truth. They always protect, always trust, always hope, always persevere.

Memes never fail. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, they will pass away.
>>
DUDE I'M GAY AND WANTED TO KILL MYSELF LMAO

fuck off
>>
>>67671258
Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way? My mother for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either. Oh well I am not one of those people I am 6'4" 245lbs and I exercise every day. I would love to see you say something like to my mother in front of me. Probably never happen though you are probably just an internet tough guy. I doubt very seriously you would say that to someones face. Just my thought.What do you think. Oh I am sorry you probably do not have a brain. I on the other hand will be happy to buy you a plane ticket to come here and see if you have the nerve to say that to someone I know.
>>
well shit, staying thin was the only thing you had to do to keep your persona.

you're an idiot for fucking that up
>>
He could lose that in like two months.
>>
He's the best thing about legends of tomorrow and wrote stoker so I'm glad he's doing good now
>>
>>67671138
what a fucked up guy.
>>
I take solace in knowing that, no matter what I do, I will never be this big of a faggot
>>
>>67671294
Fag
>>
He isn;t even fat in the second pic
>>
>>67671294
>Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way? My mother for instance is one of those people.
A condition for being a lazy, gluttonous fuck? I agree.
Eat less, you fatass.
>>
>>67671294

Faggot I was talking about being gay not being fat because muh bones, dumbcunt. This is 4chin get used nigger.
>>
Be rich and famous and have girls throwing at you anywhere.. ? Yeah you never will be anywhere close to that
>>
>>67671382

yeah, it just looks like a bad angle

his hair is the part that makes him look weird, pretty clear he has to keep it close shaved like the pic on the left
>>
>>67671388
People with depression has a chemical imbalance in their brain you dumb fuck
>>
>>67671436
boohooo, cry my a river over your mentally retarded momma who eats a dozen of big macs everyday, because your daddy isn't fucking her enough.
>>
>>67671486

say that again, nigger and i'll skull fuck your entire family, you fucking stupid, naive little boy

i'll ruin you
>>
>>67671486
It's painfully obvious you're under 25.
>>
My life is so great!
>>
>>67671388
>>67671389
Its a fucking pasta you newfags.
>>
>>67671416
>girls

He's literally a homosexual
>>
>>67671551
How many dicks did he take in prison?
>>
>>67671294
Kek
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.