[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /tv/ think of Bob's Burgers? Almost never see
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: bobs-burgers-ft.jpg (870 KB, 2400x1350) Image search: [Google]
bobs-burgers-ft.jpg
870 KB, 2400x1350
What does /tv/ think of Bob's Burgers?

Almost never see it mentioned or discussed here, not even in the context of "it's for plebs/reddit" or anything.
>>
Honestly I think it's an alright show. It has it's moments.
>>
I like that the family feels like a real family even if they are exaggerated and obnoxious at times
>>
The only impression I get from this show is that almost every character is autistic and awkward and that somehow makes sense.
>>
>>68273234

This. I just can't stand that karma houdini violent piece of shit youngest daughter of theirs. I can't stand any characters voiced by Kristen Schaal or what the fuck her name is.
>>
Its a decent show.
>>
>>68273332
only Tina could accurately be described as autistic and awkward.
>>
Literally the comfiest show on air. The quality has stayed relatively consistent for 6 seasons which is a pretty huge accomplishment. The one gripe I have is Gene becoming more of a character lately. I prefer him in seasons 2-3 when almost all of his lines were ignored by everyone else.
>>
>>68273154
I can't stand the animation style.
>>
I've pushed everyone I can to watch it and they all didint like how people yelled and talked over eachother in the show. FeelsBadMan
>>
>>68273542
Yeah it seems to be kinda divisive that way
>>
Its the closest thing we're getting to a new king of the hill.
>>
I watched a few episodes with friends.

It seems all right. It's not an endless barrage of quips, pop culture references, and gross-out comedy like Family Guy or modern Simpsons. There's a dryness to it that really works.

Although, I hate the modern, Flash animation look all these cartoons have. All the lines are too clean, the colouring is too solid, and the tweens are too mechanical. You can tell it was made on a computer.
>>
>>68273154

I initially like the show, but now I find it obnoxious.
>>
>>68273371
The whole family's autistic, with their obsessive personalities, tendency to be loud and obnoxious, and have no idea how to properly function among normal people
>>
Heard good things, for some reason I expected it to be fairly realistic, was dissapointed it was just cartoon antics, dropped after a few episodes.
>>
>>68273873
Bob's Burgers is pretty much the definition of "character based humor" a lot of their episodes barely have a plot, just characters "riffing" of each other
>>
I'll tell you the truth, I fucking love Bob's Burgers.

I was a HUGE fan of Home Movies and King of the Hill when they were on the air, so naturally I had to check out Bob's which was basically a love child of both. Although I don't think it lives up to either Home Movies or KOTH, it's certainly one of my favorites. It's just really comfy, funny, and rewatchable.
>>
>>68273154
This show definitely has its moments, I think it's a good show to pass some time or high as fuck and want some humor
>>
It's way, way played out since season 4. First 3-4 seasons are solid and occasionally great though. They completely nail the dynamic of large groups of similarly aged siblings
>>
Comfy as fuck.
Makes me crave burgers while watching, causing me to gain weight right now.
>>
>>68273154
Didn't get into it until season 4 was over. Now that season 5 is on Netflix, this is basically correct:

Seasons- 3>2>1>4>5

Characters- Teddy>Bob>Mr. Fischoeder>Louise>Darryl>Tina>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Gene=Linda
>>
It's a good show, I like it.
>>
my favorite moment
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ_EKHGgWJQ
>>
>>68273154
It's getting a bit old now.
All the characters are stuck in a loop.
Gene has always been a weak link
I don't get why people hate on the visuals so much it trumps the majority of animated shows around, it's really a weird thing to attack it when it's never brought up with other shows.

I hope Kristen Schall stops getting away with loud sounds and being slightly quirky.
>>
>>68274735
H. Jon Benjamin's freakout screams always get me going. This is my favorite moment tho

https://youtu.be/G9DRdR0prBY
>>
>>68274574
>hating on season 5

I loved die hard the musical and the go kart episode/the episode with "Gayle of thrones

Also

Bob>Tina>Teddy=fishoader>Mike the mailman>Linda>gene and Tina>everybody else
>>
>>68274848
I like Bob and Louise's relationship. It's cute. Especially that one episode where she's worried that they'll grow apart when she gets older.
>>
>>68274852
I noticed that in Season 5, Tina actually grew a spine which was interesting. She talked mad shit in that fashion episode, and also during the girl-scouts episode
>>
>>68274574

>Teddy is voiced by the guy who voiced Grimes from Ugly Americans.

Hhhnnnggg!
>>
I like it a lot. Favorite animated show right now with a large margin.
>>
>>68273154
It's alright but I think Home Movies was/is much more funny.
>>
File: mcguirk-pecs.jpg (84 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
mcguirk-pecs.jpg
84 KB, 1440x1080
>>68277125
Also, Coach McGuirk will forever be the character that best fits H. Jon Benjamin's voice.
>>
>>68273873
>All the lines are too clean
agreed, should be in squiggle-vision
>>
>>68273154
annoying and loud, with a bit of humor thrown in. I was interested in it for the first few seasons, then I got disinterested in the plots.
>>
Eh, it's not as good as American Dad was, but it's muuuuuch better than most cartoons you get nowadays.
>>
I don't like its sophomoric level of humor a lot of the time. Fart jokes are really not funny, even in the semi-ironic way that it treats them.

Otherwise I think it's very well written and pretty consistently great. It's extremely comfy and sometimes I'll just put it on for background noise if I'm doing some writing or something.
>>
>>68279049
Also the thing I think I respect the most about the show is how it's building its universe. There are so many great kids from Wagstaff that are hilarious in their own ways with their own mannerisms. It really feels a lot like classic Simpsons a lot of the time with those classroom scenes, though nowhere near as iconic or witty
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.