[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what's his best adaptation?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6
File: stephenking.jpg (744 KB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
stephenking.jpg
744 KB, 2560x1536
what's his best adaptation?
>>
>>68272430
shawshank
>>
File: annie.jpg (421 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
annie.jpg
421 KB, 1280x720
>>68272430
IMO, Misery
>>
File: Dead-zone-poster.jpg (79 KB, 580x877) Image search: [Google]
Dead-zone-poster.jpg
79 KB, 580x877
my favorite anyway
>>
You mean "what's the best adaption of his work?" as I am not aware he adapted anything personally.
>>
>>68272430
dreamcatcher
>>
>>
>>68272594

I think he wrote or produced or at least had creative control over the 1997 mini-series of The Shining. Because he wasn't pleased with Kubrick's adaptation.

How the fuck can you even be that pleb? It takes a VERY narcissistic author to look at a masterful ADAPTATION of their work, say, "NOPE, THIS DOESN'T MATCH MY ORIGINAL VISION!" and come up with their own version.
>>
>>68272594

He wrote that one cluster fuck of a movie where all the world's machines came to life and started killing people
>>
The Mist
>>
>>68272430
Christine.
>>68273265
The mist sucked ass, I laughed so hard at the end, there should have been a sad trombone when he tries to kill himself but there's no bullets left. Lol.
>>
>>
Obviously not his best, but what did /tv/ think of the Hulu adaptation of 11.22.63? I'd never read the book but I watched it this past week.

James Franco was pretty good in the role plus it just really fucking felt like a different time (I didn't live through the 60's but it had a really distinct tone that wasn't 2016, ya know?
>>
>>68272430
Can we just make this a king thread? King threads are always great on tv
>>
Breathing underwater
>>
>>68272430

Insomnia Adaptation never.
>>
>>68272594
he personally adapted his novel Trucks (Maximum Overdrive)
>>
>>68272726
King loves his hedge animals.
>>
Harmony Korine should adapt Insomnia. I trust him to get the horny old people angle right
>>
File: maximum-overdrive.jpg (84 KB, 395x559) Image search: [Google]
maximum-overdrive.jpg
84 KB, 395x559
Stephen King was the director
>>
>>68275012
That story is too loose and at the same tied too strongly to the Dark Tower. Same way they pretty much fucked up Hearts in Atlantis, but that would probably have to have been like 3 movies.
>>
>>68274332
Ha ha good joke.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.