[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>japanese name >white actor Why the fuck is this allowed?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: white.jpg (48 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
white.jpg
48 KB, 800x450
>japanese name
>white actor

Why the fuck is this allowed?
>>
>jews
>white

>>
probably because white skin and caucasian features are the most idolized in japan

probably because most anime girls are white, with white people features as opposed to actually japanese

But Jlaw isn't white, infact I'm sure the japs find her ugly.
>>
>implying this looks Asian
>>
>>68269795
Have you ever seen GITS?

There aren't many Asian characters in it. It takes place in a future Japan where the country has become so fucking awesome that it is almost entirely populated by cybernetic white people.

True story.
>>
>Tessa Thompson
>playing Valkyrie
why is this allowed?
>>
>looks nothing like a nip even by anime standards
>mad that she isn't portrayed by a nip

What do you want her to look like? A nigger?
>>
>>68269828
That's only half true. While the Japanese do aspire towards that Caucasian look artistically/stylistically, they themselves are "white" too and really, they inject far more of their own racial traits into the design anyway. A simple face by face comparison between an attractive Caucasian and an attractive Japanese reveals this. The giveaway is the nose; we have prominent and strong noses which jut off the face in an obvious way, where as the Japanese nose is comparatively petite, as like the anime style. You only see larger noses in older characters male characters who are supposed to represent a Caucasian. In actual fact, the anime style seeks to capture 'youthful' features, or as i've observed 'doll-like' features, with only the bare minimum of anatomy, in order to create that pristine look. It's blatantly obvious when you observe the 'young Japanese school girl' culture that is poignant throughout their media, where "cuteness", is paramount. So it's not a 'racial' thing in the end, its a style thing. and even western artists have utilizde it as well; eg., Archie comics.
>>
>>68269866
>Implying she's even human.
>>
>>68269795
goddamn you stop making threads
>>
>>68269795
I really don't care, as long as it's still taking place in japan.
She always looked kind of white to me in the anime, plust she's a cyborg so they can make her look however they like.
>>
File: hollywood casting.png (91 KB, 500x313) Image search: [Google]
hollywood casting.png
91 KB, 500x313
>>68269795
It happens a lot unfortunately
>>
>>68269795
>seach button in the catalog
>never used

>>
it's a brain of a japanese person in a robotic body, how hard is this to understand?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.