[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>US cinema chain AMC set to allow customers to text durin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: _89228140_cinema_texting.jpg (38 KB, 660x371) Image search: [Google]
_89228140_cinema_texting.jpg
38 KB, 660x371
>US cinema chain AMC set to allow customers to text during films

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-36043996

Is this a good idea?
>>
>>68265974
Why not just have an employee walk through the rows of seats and stomp on patrons' feet while they're at it.
>>
I hope its a fucking relegated theater than an actual franchise wide implementation because if it is then they can go literally fuck themselves in the ass.
>>
>>68265974
> text during films
now why would you do that?
>>
>>68265974
Hope they go bankrupt
>>
Hopefully they allow customers to bring their own crablegs next.
>>
will they provide waterproof cases so i can text during my shower?
>>
>>68265974
No, it's an awful idea.

And not for any anti-piracy bullshit reasons or whatever, but because having a big blinking light pop up in your line of sight as you're trying to watch a movie is incredibly distracting.

If you're going to be doing something else during the film, then just don't go.
>>
>>68266126
Have a guy walk in halfway into the movie and spoil the ending.
>>
>>68266258
Yep, only a retard pays 6 bucks for a movie ticket just to ignore it
>>
I don't give a fuck as long as they turn their screen brightness way-way down low. Like with Twilight and such.
>>
>>68265974

how many people will get shot because of this policy?
>>
>>68266659
Several
>>
>>68266633
yeah because people who use their phones in the cinema are that considerate

they will snapchat and text during movies
>>
Oh well. Regal around here is far superior anyway.
>>
you know they're doing to figure some way of using this to increase the use of the "AMC theaters" hashtag right?

It's a calculated business decision. They probably saw all the hooting and hollering (and even singing) the audience for Deadpool did and figured that would be a great way to boost millennial showings.
They're fully aware that the number of people who go to the theater as a preferred way of seeing a movie is on the decline, and that the people who do aren't watching the same movies as millennials.

This move makes perfect sense. It targets the millennial crowd, and it will have minimal effect on the non-millennial crowd.
>>
>>68265974
What? You can't text in movie theaters?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.