[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If Rotten Tomatoes had been around in 1955 Night Of The Hunter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: 1380682467265089.jpg (25 KB, 500x484) Image search: [Google]
1380682467265089.jpg
25 KB, 500x484
If Rotten Tomatoes had been around in 1955 Night Of The Hunter would have gotten 28%.
>>
>>68259386
>comparing Night Of The Hunter with something related with Hack Snyder
>>
>>68259586
We've got a cuck going full delusional here
>>
>>68259386
>comparing a groundbreaking masterpiece to blockbuster schlock
Kill yourself immediately.
>>
File: kino god.png (397 KB, 630x472) Image search: [Google]
kino god.png
397 KB, 630x472
>>68259586
>>68259632

You just don't get it.
>>
>>68259386
This is true but I dont keep track of sites that consider the opinions of cancerous, uninformed, mediocre, unintelligent bloggers as true film critique. I may as well read whatever texts that the shills and low life basement dwellers of reddit category are memeing on 9gag right now because it makes no difference whatsoever, just low iq memes of a different origin, insulting to my braincells.

Anyway, what did you think of NOTH? I think its nice, too bad we didnt get to see more of Laughton's directed movies.
>>
>DC fans still mad as fuck

This is the most epic butthurt in the history of fandom. Never have I seen such a collection of crying manbabies unable to let go.
>>
File: CQ2AIe8UAAE2OQy.jpg (29 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
CQ2AIe8UAAE2OQy.jpg
29 KB, 540x540
>>68259386
You don't have to regard RT scores, nobody is making you. Just have your own opinion about things. What it is you want--by attempting to discredit, rightly or wrongly, aggregate reviews--is for your opinion to be regarded as more correct than many others, and that will not happen.
>>
>>68259386
Seeing as how lopsided Marvel/Disney review and DC/Warner reviews are it seems as though the aggregated system on RT is being manipulated.
>>
>>68259386
It's currently at 98% on RT you steaming jar of piss
>>
>>68259895
His theory is that if RT was around at the time when the movie came out it would have gave it a rotten score.
>>
>>68259677
>DUDE JESUS AND EXCALIBUR LMAO
I get it and it's pretty fucking dumb. Heavy handed symbolism doesn't redeem blockbuster shit.
>>
>>68260013
Basically saying that critics are prone to bash great movies of their time? I'm guessing OP posted this to defend a recent movie he liked that critically flopped? OP should man up and start accepting facts
>>
>>68260113
Not OP, popular opinion does not a fact make. Particularly in regards to any sort of art.
>>
>>68260113
The thing here is that if OP enjoyed the movie that cool, but to rage on the bad score only sours the arguments for it.
There have been tons of movies that got shit reviews but ended up being praise later down the road.
Op must just want to troll or is a gluten for punishment
>>
>>68260172
Okay. I'll give you that. But what could motivate all these critics to shamelessly falsify a review for a good piece of art? Would you really go out of your way and tell that more than 70% of critics are willing to sell their reviews for the sake of justifying a movie that you want so bad to be great? That's a new level of faggotry
>>
>>68259386

To be honest, the kid actor was so fucking shit.
>>
>>68259386

If Batman & Robin were released in 2016 it would have at least an 85%
>>
>>68260172
timeless art is generally remembered for the impact it had or the statement it makes. very rarely is art praised for merit alone. that's why modern art is so weird.
>>
I kinda got tears in my eyes at the climax of Night of the Hunter where the kid starts crying and beating the teddy up going TAKE IT, I DON'T EVEN WANT IT ANYMORE

such a great fucking message to be honest family shaking my head

that kid learned a valuable lesson, that money isn't everything, and sometimes having a family where the matriarch is an aging and sweet Lilian Gish toting a shotgun is better than any amount of money in the world
>>
black and white films?

you mean graykino? i don't watch those
>>
File: its-a-wonderful-life-1946-poster.jpg (352 KB, 1372x2048) Image search: [Google]
its-a-wonderful-life-1946-poster.jpg
352 KB, 1372x2048
>>68259386
A film can't be properly evaluated until it's been out for at least 15-20 years, this is when you can tell if it will stand the test of time. It's true that some of the greatest films (pic related) were dismissed in their day because they didn't appeal to the sensibilities of the time, but do you really believe BvS will be remembered as a classic? I haven't actually seen the film, but my guess is no
>>
File: BEANS.png (376 KB, 855x474) Image search: [Google]
BEANS.png
376 KB, 855x474
If Rotten Tomatoes was about in 1955 people would be like, "dude what's this, something from the future dude, what do you call this thing, a computer? I saw a computer once, it took up a whole house, you can't tell me this is a computer, you're the devil, were you sent here by the devil, that's it, I'm calling my dad to have you sorted out"
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.