[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what's Bats body count in Batman v Superman? I counted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 13
File: 811627_074.jpg (41 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
811627_074.jpg
41 KB, 320x240
So what's Bats body count in Batman v Superman? I counted at least 20 dead.
>>
>>68254635

I can confirm 20 as well.

/thread.
>>
>>68254635

granade trio and Airplane victim.

That's it, KFCfeast and the other guy died in their own, and not a single car chase guy died thanks to the magic of the movies yoiu are a retard.
>>
>>68254723

Killing people is Robin's job in the comic books.
>>
>>68254635
About the same as Iron Man in IM1. Funny huh?
>>
>>68254836

It is funny since they changed that for every movie after, especially in the Avengers. He uses his shoulder darts on the room of guys and they all fall down in pain one guy saying "No it wasn't" to Iron Man's "That was a good talk". He kills a shit load of people in the first movie, blowing them up, shooting them, setting them on fire. Even one guy killing himself to a ricochet.

That was before Marvel noticed how many kids went to go see the movie and made it even more PG.
>>
>>68254949
>That was before Marvel noticed how many kids went to go see the movie and made it even more PG.

Is that why he blows up that Extremis chick in a kitchen in Iron Man 3, and also blasts a visible giant hole through another guy on the plane?
>>
They should've went with the "Deathstroke pretending to be Batman" theory. It would've made a lot more sense.
>>
>>68255000

REALLY bad guys always die in movies or from the bad things they did. It's a writers cliche to remove them from the storyline. like in most action movies like die hard. Otherwise they have to come back at the climax or be left out as a plot hole. For that "great social justice bullshit".
>>
The film is literally about Bruce behaving out of character and regaining his faith in himself.
The memes are weak, kids.
>>
File: Bat thumb.jpg (20 KB, 552x376) Image search: [Google]
Bat thumb.jpg
20 KB, 552x376
>>68255322
This guy gets it.
>>
>>68254836
ironman killed terrorists in a foreign country bro
>>
>>68255682
batman killed terrorists in gotham, what's your point?
>>
>nutcases are shooting mini guns in the street
>Batman shoots the car and it crashes
>what the fuck do you expect him to do?
>>
>>68255771
he killed lex luthor employees, big difference
>>
>>68255930
>KGBeast's men
>not ruthless terrorists/mercenaries
>>
>>68255952
>trucker moving kryptonite from the dock to Lex's office
>better kill that guy so I can steal his shiny rock so I can use it to kill another guy
>>
>>68254635
Could someone explain without memes why Batman vs Superman get such low ratings ?
>>
The entire movie's basically Batman being so fucking jaded he's willing to brand and kill people. Fast forward through some bullshit and ass pull, he somehow regains faith in humanity again at the end of the movie... for some reason.
>>
>>68254635
I don't have a problem with Batman killing people. It's just weird that he mows them down with miniguns.
>>
>>68255997
Not fun enough
>>
>>68256085
Too serious?
>>
>>68256064
Snyder's explanation is even weirder.

>Oh noes, Batman doesn't actively try to kill people, he just suspends his train of thought by rationalizing that if he shoots at a car and it explodes, then it's the bad guy's fault for not getting out in time.
>>
>>68256184
and that's not taking into account that 3 minutes later Batman reveals that he can break into lex's lab and steal the kryptonite without killing anyone
>>
>>68256184
So Batman is a complete lunatic? Now the Martha thing makes sense too.
>>
>>68255322
Would have been better for the stand alone movie than just shoehorn into a VS.
>>
>>68254635
>So what's Bats body count in Batman v Superman?
not enough
>>
>>68256356

I mean.... just read this http://batman-news.com/2016/03/25/why-does-batman-kill-in-batman-v-superman/

>So, I tried to do it by proxy. Shoot the car they’re in, the car blows up or the grenade would go off in the guy’s hand, or when he shoots the tank and the guy pretty much lights the tank [himself]. I perceive it as him not killing directly, but if the bad guy’s are associated with a thing that happens to blow up, he would say that that’s not really my problem
>>
>>68256365
No it wouldn't you boring little cunt.
>>
>>68254635
I never understood that with Bruce, can a comicfag explain this to me?
I mean, if Superman kills a guy we get mad because it's unfair, it is like a man stepping on ants or something, but it's because he's a super strong godlike alien.
Batman's just a guy, he could die every night, so it should be counted as self defense, right?
>>
>>68256427
this
>>
>>68256365
This. As an Old Batman stand alone/Elseworld-ish story, it works. As part of the "DCCU", it doesn't.
>>
>>68256601
so other than Nolan, DC can't even do Batman right?
>>
>>68256654
There's no "right" Batman. A Batman that kills is okay with me, it's just that in BVS he kills but we are supposed to be okay with it because it not "real" kills, and Batman is a deluded fool who is so dumb that he also don,t see it a killing.

An old killing Batman who knowns that it's wrong, but necessary (or even one that is fine with killing) would have been fine, but they tried to have their cake and eat it too and it makes for a weak character.
>>
>>68256570
Absolutely. And it may be necessary to protect innocent bystanders.
Treating it realistically, there will always be occasions where there is no magic solution.
It's Kobayashi Maru.
Gangster about to shoot a kid. Bruce driving fast toward them. The kid is going to die in a second. What else but hit the murderer with the car?
>>
his rule is DONT KILL

you can break as many arms, spines, and necks as you must

as long the guy doesnt die its ok
>>
>>68254635
He definitely kills, on camera, at least 4 people.
>shoots KGBeast's splosion tank
>Machineguns the dude with the minigun during chase
>Blows up minigun minivan, killing driver, maybe passenger
>Crushes dude in back of truck when he jumps the tumblr into it

Implied deaths.
>4 people in car being towed
>4 people in car crushed by car being towed

Deaths he caused
>2 people in car that gets run into a gas truck

Dream murders
>Shoots or neck snaps ~14 dream Batman soldiers
>>
>>68258759
>Shoots or neck snaps ~14 dream Batman soldiers
In a vision of a potential future where he is not fighting crime but fighting a war
>>
>>68256507
Why so salty?
>>
File: bvs.jpg (364 KB, 1248x2800) Image search: [Google]
bvs.jpg
364 KB, 1248x2800
>>68255322
>>68255606

Why not maybe indicate that he's "behaving out of character" with something other than a shitty poem at the beginning?

I get that it's sometimes better to "show, don't tell" with character writing, but considering Snyder literally had Vikram Gandhi and Neil Degrasse Tyson spell out that Superman was Jesus and him being on earth is a big deal, why not maybe throw ONE LINE OF DIALOGUE to actually explain why Batman was murdering people? Maybe throw some kind of indication at the end that he was supposed to not be murdering again by the end?
>>
>>68256570
>I mean, if Superman kills a guy we get mad because it's unfair
>we

lol fuck off.
>>
>>68255322

Yeah. And it cost superman his life. Temporarily anyway. I liked the movie.
>>
>>68258913
>Why not maybe indicate that he's "behaving out of character" with something other than a shitty poem at the beginning?
Because many film goers are not fucking retards or children who expect every single character beat to be explained to them.
But your memes are fucking shit m8
>>
>>68258812
Hey I'm just doing a count.
>>
>>68254635

I GOT STUCKMANAIZED AS WELL, OP

BROFIST
>>
>>68259078
>Because many film goers are not fucking retards or children who expect every single character beat to be explained to them.
It's basic plot and character exposition m8. And considering the amount of shit that is blatantly and belligerently explained to the audience through the horseshit news montage or Lex's monologues, it's kind of a weak argument to say that about all the shit that the film fails to actually convey.

And if you do want to "show, don't tell" that means that you actually have to fucking SHOW at some point. The ONLY indication that Batman has abandoned his rule is the fucking poem at the beginning, which AT BEST implies it.

There was a time above
a time before.
There were perfect things
diamond absolutes.

Things fall.
Things on earth.
And what falls
is fallen.

In the dream they took me to the light
a beautiful lie.

>A Zack "Attack" Snyder slam

You have to use high school level "understanding the language of poetry" techniques to get to the interpretation that "the dream" is his dream of being Batman, and "the light" was him not killing people, and he's realized it was all "a beautiful lie."

AND THAT'S THE ONLY INDICATION THERE IS. That's not good writing. That's Zack Snyder realizing in the edit that he utterly failed to establish his characters motivation in the actual story and adding some fucking iamverysmart poem to the prologue that loosely implies why Batman is killing.

And there's nothing at the end at all to indicate that Batman is not murderman anymore, and other than one specific reading into the opening poem, there's nothing in the film at all to indicate that he ever wasn't murderman.
>>
>>68256027
>for some reason
If there was a consistent theme throughout the movie, "for some reason" is it.

>for some reason Batman kills and brands bad guys
>for some reason Batman doesn't brand Lex
>For some reason Lex gave special LEXCORP brand bullets to his mercs in Africa
>For some reason Lex blew up congress over a trade agreement to bring in Kryptonite, which he had already smuggled in.
>For some reason Lex uses the fact that he knows Superman's secret identity to kidnap his mom, instead of, you know, ambushing him at his house with Kryptonite or something.
>For some reason Batman has psychic dreams.
>For some reason Perry gives Lois a news chopper when she says "it's not for a story."
>For some reason Lex knows that the Bat Signal is Batman challenging Superman to a fight.
>For some reason Senator Burrows gets Lex unlimited, unmonitored access to Zod's body and his ship
>For some reason Batman knows about the Kryptonite being smuggled in by The White Portuguese without knowing that it's a boat.
>For some reason Batman knows what Kryptonite does without knowing that Lex is involved.
>For some reason Lex knows who Batman is, and for some reason the best use of that information is to send him mean notes.
>>
>>68254635
I always thought Batman Begins was hilarious for this. "I'm not going to kill you, but I'm not going to save you"

I guess orchestrating life threatening situations for someone and refusing to intervene when you can easily help isn't murder. I mean he could have let the Joker fall down and die off that building and it wouldn't violate his "code".
>>
Why didn't supes punch his teeth out with super-speed during the fight?
>>
>>68259872
For some reason, this is shitty bait.

Oh yeah, it's because you're a boring cunt.
>>
>>68259516
We get it.

This film was too difficult for you.
>>
>>68259953

>>68259953

Because he wasn't trying to kill/hurt/maim him, as evidenced by him putting him through a building he seemed to know how much stress the Batarmor could take or at least guess, his main concern (at least at the beginning) was to try and reason with Batman but machine guns, and sonics interrupted him, and Batman even ignores that Superman calls him Bruce, he fucking smiles like a psycho.

"Stay down! If I wanted it, you'd be dead already."

Really poor choice of words to followup that attack because at that point a bit of fear starts to creep in.

After that everyone goes full retard, Superman doesn't try to reason with him when the Kryptonite wears off, he fucking lets Batman reload his grenades, all so we can get to the climax.
>>
>>68259910
"I didn't kill him, gravity did"
>>
>>68260238
Kal has no or little knowledge of Kryptonite as far as I can see, at this point.
>>
>>68260029
Eh I get it. And contrary to what you and your buddies might say around the lunch table before Algebra, the film was poorly written and even more poorly edited.

Basic plot exposition isn't something that the audience should have to be left to speculate about and make shit up to justify. Failing to even slightly establish what is apparently supposed to be major plot and details isn't indicative of a well-executed film. Forcing the audience to put random puzzle pieces together to understand WHY or HOW anybody knows what they know or are doing what they're doing, while EXPLICITLY STATING what the underlying themes are supposed to be, only shows that Snyder was too busy trying make a """"""deep""""""" movie to bother making a coherent one.

>>68259999
You seem upset. I'm sorry the movie is garbage. I sincerely am. I really wanted it to great. Or even good. Or even not terrible. But it isn't. So I can empathize with what it must be like to be you, trying to defend this dumpster fire.
>>
>>68261905
same shit different post, kid
>>
>>68262039
Whatever you gotta do to keep the cognitive dissonance at bay m8
>>
>>68256184

this is old batman from dark knight returns, he doesn't give a fuck about criminals
>>
>>68262105
you're still taking shite no matter how many times you repeat the same shite
All your saying is you didn't understand the film over and over
other people had no problem
Keep telling yourself it's not you who is at fault, kid. Memes are all you have.
>>
File: autism hug box.jpg (132 KB, 800x567) Image search: [Google]
autism hug box.jpg
132 KB, 800x567
>>68262366
Problem is, Dark Knight Returns is a non-canon limited series reinterpretation of the character. It has always been criticized for making Batman a murderer. If you're trying to establish the Justice League and an expanded DC cinematic universe based on the comics, why ONLY base Batman on ONE graphic novel where Batman is in an alternate universe where the Justice League already disbanded?

>>68262489
Haven't seen you answer any of the questions m8. Attacking me doesn't make them go away.

>Why does Superman say in Batman's dream, "she was my world, and you took her from me?" Batman doesn't know about Lois Lane or Martha. Why would his Superman-is-evil dream be projecting Superman's anxiety about Martha that Batman doesn't know about?
>So then the dream is a prophecy? Why? How? Is Bruce Wayne psychic? If it is, Batman is still murdering people, so he obviously hasn't changed his ways at the end of BVS.
>Why did Luthor have mercenaries in Arica use special bullets that could be traced back to him?
>What was the point of Lois' investigation of the African bullet? The storyline wen't nowhere.
>What was the point of framing/blaming Superman for the shootout in Africa? Was Lex's intent the whole time to trigger a congressional investigation into it that would have Superman called to appear before congress?
>Did Luthor blow up congress because Finch rejected the trade agreement that would allow Luthor to import the Kryptonite that he had already smuggled in?
>If Luthor blew up congress to make Superman look bad, would he have still blown them up if Finch endorsed his trade agreement?
>Why did Batman attack the Kryptonite Caravan if all he needed to do was shoot the truck with the tracker and break in later?
>Why did Superman stop Batman from attacking the Caravan? Did he know there was Kryptonite on board the truck? If not, why didn't he investigate why Batman was assaulting this heavily armed caravan?
>>
>>68262801
But these questions are retarded, mate, seriously.
Honestly, idiotic stuff. If you didn't follow the plot it's your fault.
>>
File: confirmed for autism.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
confirmed for autism.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>68262489
>So Clark Kent, apparent-sportswriter, gets to go to this swanky party for no reason? It's not even like he went to investigate Batman or Lex, he didn't even know who Clark Kent was and he was insanely not suspicious of Lex the entire movie.

>What was Lex's plan for Doomsday if Batman killed Superman? What was Lex's plan for Doomsday if Doomsday killed Superman?

>If Superman couldn't swim with the spear, how could he fly with it?

>What is shown in the movie that explains how Lois knew to go back to get the spear?

>Why did Superman trust Batman to go save MARTHA? Why was he so confident that this human could, in 10 minutes, change out of his Supesbuster suit, find and fly to the location, fistfight all the bad guys, and get to her before she was torched? What did Superman do in the meantime? It would have taken him 2 seconds to fly to Lex at the ship.

>Is Perry supposed to know that Clark is SUperman?

>How did Lex know BW was Batman?

>How does BW know what Kryptonite does without knowing about Lex's involvement? It's powers were discovered from secret testing by Lex.

>Why and how did Senator Burrows gets Lex unlimited, unmonitored access to Zod's body and his ship?

>How did Lex get the jug of piss on the Senator's desk? How did the Senator or her aids not notice the jar of piss before she sat down?

>How did Lex know any of the shit about the bell being wrung in his end monologue? If the bell was dinging because "the god was dead," why wasn't the bell dinging 3 years earlier when "the god wasn't even a thing yet?"

>Why did Wonder Woman fly to Metropolis to collect a digital photo?
>>
>>68263190
you've lost the plot, mate
metaphorically and literally
>>
File: ah jeez.jpg (84 KB, 1460x950) Image search: [Google]
ah jeez.jpg
84 KB, 1460x950
>>68263165
>>68263165

Answer them then.

>Was getting caught part of Lex's plan? He left bullets with his name on them in Africa, he blew up congress with a wheelchair seemingly built by his company, he kidnapped 2 people to make Superman do what he was probably going to do anyway.

>Why did Lex know that the bat signal being on was his cue to kidnap Lois and Martha? How did he know that Superman threatened Batman about using the light? Isn't the light generally used as a signal TO batman, not FROM him? How would Lex know that this was Batman's invitation to fight superman?

>And if Lex did know that the batsignal was Bats challenging Superman to a fight, why bother kidnapping Martha and Lois?

>How did Batman know that the fight with Superman would end exactly where it did? He was being thrown through multiple floors up and all over the place with little control of where he went flying. How did he know it would end right where he placed the spear?

>Where was Doomsday's penis? Why did mixing Kryptonian DNA and human DNA make Doomsday? Why was the womb room made to be able to do that?

>>68263256
I've not "lost the plot," I get narratively the characters are where they are. The problem here is that Snyder completely dropped the ball with exposition and general storytelling structure. I get why you're not answering, you can't answer. Because there are all natural questions that the arise from the plot, that the movie makes no effort to explain. I'm on top of the "plot." "Metaphorically and literally." I've watched the film ~12 times now, because I like to study fucked movies, and this is an historically fucked movie.
>>
>>68263733
Go away aspie
>>
>>68263733
>I've watched the film ~12 times now, because I like to study fucked movies
Autism
>>
>>68263190
>sportswriter at swanky party
He was there to cover celebrities; another trash assignment. He was probably expected to write about the women's dresses.

>Lex's plan for Doomsday
Presumably he wouldn't "activate" him. He might've gotten loose anyway, of course. He probably also figured *somebody* would stop Doomsday. But yeah that part's unexplained. He did know about meta humans, so maybe he thought they'd deal with it.

>Superman couldn't swim with the spear
It takes away his powers, and he probably never learned to swim because a) he never needed to know and b) Kansas. I don't think he swims in Man of Steel; the whales pushed him to shore.

>Lois knew to get the spear
No idea, but it's an alien of some kind, and Batman's green spear hurt aliens just being in proximity. I admit it's a weak connection.

>Trust Batman
He's demonstrated skepticism of Batman's methods and vigilantism throughout the movie, but I doubt he ever doubted his intent on helping people. He tipped the police off to that sex trafficking house, after all.
>Taken him 2 seconds
"If you fly off, Martha dies"

>is Perry supposed to know that Clark is Superman?
No? Didn't think the movie intimated that.

>How did Lex know BW was Batman?
That's only hinted and not outright stated, but given the level of surveillance and information he was able to acquire on Flash, Cyborg, etc., plus narrowing the list of people who could afford to be Batman, he probably figured it out.

>Lex's secret testing
He hacked Luthor's computer. WW stole the jiggy but then returned it.

>Senator Burrows
"Why" is "massive campaign contributions". "How", I dunno exactly, but some Senators do indeed have that kind of pull.

>Piss jar
Probably bribed an aide or staffer. Explaining exactly how would take away from the fact that he *can*. That he *does* have that kind of influence.

>Bell rung
Legit plot hole because they cut the scene, but Lex Luthor is in contact with Apokolips directly, probably with a Fatherbox.
>>
File: baby goose struggles.webm (3 MB, 578x455) Image search: [Google]
baby goose struggles.webm
3 MB, 578x455
>>68264256
>>68264311

Hey my spectrum disorder doesn't make the holes go away. Nothing can make the holes go away.

I mean shit, Snyder even wrote a poem realizing how shit the movie was, and put it at the front of the movie. B R A V O

There was a time above
a time before.
There were perfect things
diamond absolutes.

Things fall.
Things on earth.
And what falls
is fallen.

In the dream they took me to the light
a beautiful lie.

>A Zack Snyder slam
>>
>>68254767
So after Robin died, Batman took over his job
>>
File: refn goose autismoff.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
refn goose autismoff.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>68264389
>He was there to cover celebrities; another trash assignment.
Newspapers don't work like that. They are departmentalized. You don't investigate The Gotham Bat one day, write sports scores the next, then do paparrazzo shit that night.
>He was probably expected to write about the women's dresses.
Just just happy accident then that he was there at the same time Wayne was doing spy shit. He is shown having no ulterior motive to be there, other than plot device Perry told him to. They wrote the party scene as the culmination of all of Wayne's investigating and spying, and then just kind of made one contrived line to get Superman there. Shit writing.

>Presumably he wouldn't "activate" him.
Yeah, presumably. But Doomsday is shown going bananas immediately after the gestation countdown is over.
>It takes away his powers, and he probably never learned to swim because a) he never needed to know and b) Kansas
We definitely see him swim in MOS. He swims to save the bus, and I think he even jesusfloats in the middle of a pond.
>Trust Batman
No I mean, why would he trust that ANY human could do it? Superman has wacky hearing, can fly at supersonic speed, and could have incapacitated everyone in the building in a few seconds. He does literally NOTHING while BW goes and almost blows Martha up.
>"If you fly off, Martha dies"
He was at the warehouse with Batman, and he literally "flies off." We then follow batman save martha, then cut back to Superman arriving at the spaceship. He was like 3 miles away from the spaceship when he left Bats. Did it take him 10 minutes to fly there?

>No? Didn't think the movie intimated that.
Then why, when Lois asks for a chopper in the middle of a news event, did he only say yes when she said "it's not for a story?" What personal reasons did he think she had to excuse using a news chopper as a taxi?

cont
>>
>>68264389
>plot hole
Something unexplained is not necessarily a plot hole of any kind.

"In fiction, a plot hole, plothole or plot error is a logical inconsistency within a story. Such inconsistencies include such things as illogical or impossible events, and statements or events that contradict earlier events in the storyline."
>>
>>68264389
>That's only hinted and not outright stated,
See that's how poorly it's done. It's outright stated. BRUCE WAYNE receives mean notes about YOU LET YOUR FAMILY DIE etc. At the end on the roof Luthor reveals that "all it took was a few mean notes" turned batman against superman or whatever. He knew Bruce Wayne was Batman.

>He hacked Luthor's computer. WW stole the jiggy but then returned it.
No I know. But he already knew that Kryptonite was a weapon against Superman WAY before he hacks Luthor's computer. The only reason he's after The White Portuguese is because of the Kryptonium being smuggled, but he doesn't know TWP is a boat and didn't know Lex was involved yet. How did he know what Kryptonite did and that it was being smuggled if he didn't know about Lex and didn't know that TWP was a boat?

>"Why" is "massive campaign contributions".
Never said.
>How", I dunno exactly, but some Senators do indeed have that kind of pull.
It's the real-world equivalent of one senator getting me unmonitored access to Area 51 and all the secret weapons and shit there.
>Probably bribed an aide or staffer. Explaining exactly how would take away from the fact that he *can*. That he *does* have that kind of influence.
So exactly how many people were complicit in his plan to destroy congress for no reason?
>>
This guy is a fucking psycho. You cannot converse normally with autism. You are wasting energy.
>>
>>68265143
>In fiction, a plot hole, plothole or plot error is a logical inconsistency within a story. Such inconsistencies include such things as illogical or impossible events, and statements or events that contradict earlier events in the storyline.

>Batman knowing what Krypton did and that it was being smuggled before he knew Lex was involved and The White Portuguese was a ship.
>Luthor knowing that the bat signal was Batman challenging Superman to a fight.
>Lois knowing to get the spear
>Superman cant swim with spear, can fly.
>Perry giving Lois a news chopper because "it's not for a story."
>Batman having prophetic dreams
>Batman knowing where his fight with Supes would end up
>Superman stopping Batman during the Kryptonite caravan attack
>Flash appearing in a dream, but papers also flying around after BW wakes up.
>>
Psychopath.
>>
>>68265304
>Never said
I'm not sure what else "there are ways we can help each other" is supposed to mean when a Senator is offering corrupt deals. Maybe it was personal bribes; I dunno.

>Real-world equivalent of Area 51
It is unrealistic, but it's not unheard of in fiction. I'm not defending its quality so much as just trying to answer the questions you asked. They have answers, though they may be dumb answers.

>How many people are complicit in his plan to destroy congress for no reason?
Not the staffer; they were just paid to put a piss jar on her desk. Why would they need to know it was part of a blow-up plot? Mercy didn't know, and Wheelchair Guy didn't know. Someone had to make the chair, but Luthor is nothing if not a mad scientist; he may well have modified it himself.
>>
>>68265757
>Someone had to make the chair, but Luthor is nothing if not a mad scientist; he may well have modified it himself.
Are you FUCKING JOKING HERE?
>>
File: OP.jpg (18 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
OP.jpg
18 KB, 480x360
>>68265599
>>68265353
Wow the diagnostic criteria for antisocial personality disorder have gotten broad.

The 4 methods to reduce cognitive dissonance:
>Change behavior or cognition ("I will not pretend that BVS was a good or successful movie")
>Justify behavior or cognition by changing the conflicting cognition ("The movie's not bad, everyone else is, it's Disney's fault.")
>Justify behavior or cognition by adding new cognitions ("It's just like 2001: a space odyssey, all the plot holes and unexplained exposition was intentional, Snyder is an artist and it's hard for normal people to understand.")
>Ignore or deny any information that conflicts with existing beliefs ("This guy is a fucking psycho")
>>
>>68254836
Iron man doesn't have a no kill rule dumbass
>>
>>68265882
you're a trolling cunt
>>
>>68265847
>Lex Luthor
>Not a mad scientist and inventor
>>
>>68265988
Are you retarded or are you pretending to not understand what was said?
>>
>>68265757
>he may well have modified it himself.
as if there is ANY doubt
there is literally no ambiguity about the wheelchair and the bomb
none
>>
>>68265353
He's not a psycho and he's not autistic, he's just nitpicking stuff ala Cinemasins.
>Why is Batman's X green and not blue? Hurr PLOT HOLE!
This is the depth of his "criticism".
Just ignore him.

As to why the spear is more dangerous while in water, well that's physics 101: conductive heat transfer in water much faster than in air, so we can assume that the radiation from the spear works just like that.
>>
>>68266097
aah so he's just a cunt. I thought as much.
>>
>>68266091
He asked how many people were complicit. Obviously Luthor made the bomb chair, but the question is if anyone else knew it was a bomb. They may not have if installed it personally.
>>
>>68256471
BRAVO ZACK
>>
>>68266184
I would suggest no-one sitting there knew about the bomb.
>>
File: refn deals with abuse.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
refn deals with abuse.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>68265757
>I'm not sure what else "there are ways we can help each other"
Notice how that line is said off camera? Don't think they even got coverage of it. It seems like they may have ADRed that line to try and make the scene make sense. But they still never show why or what the guy got. It's the most important plot point in the movie, and all we see is some random dude that can just give Luthor everything he wants. (also, it's never actually said in the movie that the dude is a Senator, I had to find him on imdb using his picture)
>I'm not defending its quality so much as just trying to answer the questions you asked. They have answers, though they may be dumb answers.
Yeah I know, I understand all the ways that people are trying to explain what the movie didn't.
> Someone had to make the chair, but Luthor is nothing if not a mad scientist; he may well have modified it himself.
And how about that papertrail? He was apparently paying that guy for months, and sending Wayne's checks back. Dude blew up congress with a LEXCORP wheelchair after being paid a suspicious amount of money for months.

>>68265938
u r
>>
so, if you get branded by the bat, its a death sentence. the guy who lost his legs graffitis the statue in the same spot, over the heart. he always says he works for bruce wayne.
>>
>>68266097
>This is the depth of his "criticism".
nice strawman. None of these questions have anything to do with creative design nitpicks. This is all about the general plot and how/why characters happen to know things that the movie establishes they shouldn't.
>physics 101: conductive heat transfer in water much faster than in air, so we can assume that the radiation from the spear works just like that.
Headcanon. He loses consciousness and almost drowns trying to grab the spear. He can barely stand when exposed to kryptonite dust, but then because he needs to to end the movie suddenly he can fly with it and grapple with a giant cave troll.

>>68266143
see
>>68265882
>>
>>68266703
>Superman is as strong as he needs to be.
>>
>>68254635
1. Bike Messenger
2. Dog walker was killed and 6 dogs
3. The delicatessen guy who was delivering the Reuben and the Diner receiving the Reuben
4. The visiting British Rugby team at the bus station. (40 women in all)
5. The Naked Cowboy
6. Former Mayoral candidate Jimmie McMillan who was giving a speech during the fight scene.
7.The bank robbers exiting the bank while they were running towards the parked tandem bicycle.

I lost track after that.
>>
>>68265914
Iron Man also actually saved people
>>
>>68266703
you're still a cunt
>>
>>68268146
Well as your mom always says, you are what you eat.
>>
>>68268238
you are a dog's cunt, then
>>
File: Drapes Top Kek.jpg (214 KB, 345x336) Image search: [Google]
Drapes Top Kek.jpg
214 KB, 345x336
>>68268275
Which makes you a son of a bitch.
>>
>>68256471
>Shoot the car they’re in, the car blows up
>bad guy’s are associated with a thing that happens to blow up, he would say that that’s not really my problem

Flawless logic there, Zach
>>
>>68267399
>that feeling of relief when he saves all those people falling out the plane in 3

take note DC this is what superhero means
>>
>>68258913
watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeYtCmvTScU
>>
>>68254635

I didn't see any
>>
>>68256184
That's literally Batman logic for most of his modern existence.

He doesn't go around saving criminals, anon
>>
>>68256758
Batman kills in literally every on screen depiction, and we're expected to be okay because it's not "real" kills. Is BVS your first introduction to the fucking character
>>
>>68256141
For you.
>>
>>68268788
>10 minute video
>to try and justify how one vague line explains everything
>headcanon everywhere
>that turret that is shown to pop out from the hood in BVS isn't popped out in Suicide Squad, he obviously must change his ways!!!

I mean shit gang, this is more desperate speculation that people do about vague hints left in the A Song of Ice and Fire books. And those are intentionally left hints of whats to come, not unexplained things that we watched happen.

Batman kills because Snyder is a hack. And I guarantee the next movie will try to fix it, like BVS tried to retroactively fix the dumb shit in MOS. It's going to be an endless cycle of movies trying to make up for the movies they followed.

And I don't buy the "beautiful lie" that there's some director's cut that would explain this shit. He kept like 15 minutes of fucking dreams in the movie. The Man-Bat dream wasted like 3 minutes for no fucking reason. He didn't cut any of the completely useless Daily Planet scenes, some of which are literally just Morpheus being annoyed that Clark wasn't at work. He didn't cut Lois Lane's go-nowhere sideplot about convincing the general guy to explain where the bullet came from. The idea that he cut all of the character defining exposition scenes to make room for a literal hours worth of inconsequential filler, means he's either fucking retarded, or it didn't happen.
>>
>>68268889
>Doesn't kill in TDK.
>Doesn't actively kill in BB.
>Doesn't kill as belligerently or intentionally in TDKR.
>Doesn't kill in Batman and Robin.
>Doesn't kill in Batman Forever.
>Doesn't kill in any of the animated series.
>Doesn't kill in comics other than a few non-canon graphic novels. Even in TDKReturns, he doesn't needlessly kill a bunch of henchman escorting a rock that he could easily steal later.

Other than Burton Batman, no Batman has killed like BVS Batman did.
>>
How many will he murder in the R rated version?
>>
>>68269279
>>68269445
troll memes
>>
>>68254949
Back then, IM was still a Paramount property.
He gave in to the mouse.
>>
>>68269279
>Batman kills because Snyder is a hack
>>68269445
>Other than Burton Batman, no Batman has killed like BVS Batman did.

still pretending to not understand the plot
>>
>>68257117
So Batman kills the kid, but runs over the gangster too, and because the gangster was going to do it in the first place, justice has been served. Got it.
>>
>>68269761
your bait is weaker than a butterfly's erection
>>
>>68266097
>physics 101
>so we can assume that the radiation from the spear works just like that.
yea, you're a fucking retard
>>
>>68269850
Thank (You)
>>
>>68269693
>still pretending to not understand the plot
I'm not 100% sure you understand what "plot" is. If you want to make a Batman movie that is about Batman losing his will and giving into killing, you need to film some scenes to explain that. You need to DIRECTLY ESTABLISH SOME KEY THINGS.

A: You need to establish the fact that the "no kill rule" existed for this character in this universe
B: You need to ACTUALLY SHOW that Batman has made a decision to forgo the "no kill" rule.
C: Either include a redemption arc where he gets back on the wagon, or make it a point at the end that he's even more grimdark than where he started.

Making it so that he inexplicably kills people for no addressed reason on first viewing, if you were intending to have him not killing be a plot thread, is a failure to communicate your intent. If you want to tell a coherent story, you need more than an ambiguous poem and a vague line about rage. And I guess him not branding Luthor at the end is supposed to show that he's not giving people a "death sentence" anymore, but that dude literally blew up the government and set off a doomsday monster in the middle of a major city. He killed contractors on an escort mission and traffickers, but "changed" when it came to branding the mass-murdering terrorist?

Movies a fucking dumpsterfire.
>>
>>68263165
Dcuck in full denial right here.
>>
File: (you).gif (1010 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
(you).gif
1010 KB, 400x225
>>68263165
>>68263256
>>68262489
>>68262039
>>68260029
>>68259999
>>68259078
>>68258914
>>68256507
>>
>>68270137
FUG
>>
>>68261308

He had enough knowledge that the first time Batman hit him with a grenade he got weaker, so the second time he should not have just jumped at him like a retard.
>>
>>68271271
you're a fucking retard
ha!
>>
>>68271710

Great rebuttal.
Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.