[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Something I've noticed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (151 KB, 2046x1152) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
151 KB, 2046x1152
Pre-1995, most movies had the female lead going after the male lead. The male lead was idealized, and most females gushed over him, and the other males usually included a few jealous people.

Now, this has reversed. Most movies do not show any ideal stereotypes, and e focus is not on enhancing the good of the character, but rather bringing it down because of percieved flaws or notions thereof. Femlaes are idolized and most males are shown to be incompetent and unable to deal with their feelings, they meet the woman and practically beg her to be with them and then something happens in the woman's life which makes her think that the male lead is the safest choice for her and she goes for him. The end.

I think this is really bullshit and that we should move back to the pre-1995 model. Thoughts?
>>
anecdotal evidence indeed
>>
>>68253198
>we will be the last generation of heroic men
>if we can call ourselves that
>it's the cuckold express from here on out senpai
>>
>>68253638
Well, the cuckold express is on.
>>
File: 1460540032980.gif (1 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1460540032980.gif
1 MB, 500x281
>>68253638
>tfw you search your feelings and you know it to be true
>>
>>68254632
That is one rare pepe
>>
>writing used to be shitty but it followed an agenda I like
>now it's still shitty, but it follows the agenda I dislike
wow
>>
>>68254846
>the presence of an internal philosophy is somehow wrong
fuck off cuck
>>
>>68253198
It's a seller's market now for women with social media and shit.

Back then it was a little less extreme.
>>
Wanna give us some examples to go with those ramblings senpai?
>>
>>68256296
For the pre-1995, literally any major movie.

For the new part, any indie/romance film. 500 days of summer, Comet, The perks of being a wallflower, etc
>>
just checking to see if I'm banned.
>>
>>68257443
4chan.org/banned
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.