[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Be able to commit crimes with a 100% guarantee of not getting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 5
File: death note movie.jpg (315 KB, 1000x1475) Image search: [Google]
death note movie.jpg
315 KB, 1000x1475
>Be able to commit crimes with a 100% guarantee of not getting caught
>Still get caught

Japanese """"""writers"""""" have to be the dumbest motherfuckers ever.
>>
>>68250425
Lol
>>
>>68250425
Even if you get caught under what system would you get sent to jail for "magic notebook that kills people"?

Doesn't Japan also have "proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt"? How the fuck are you going to go about proving that he killed people through the use of a magic notebook?
>>
>>68250425
wtf is that thing on the left
>>
>>68250518
An apple you mong
>>
>>68250477
>How the fuck are you going to go about proving that he killed people through the use of a magic notebook?
If you can't actually determine HOW the notebook kills people you have to assume that every death that occurs after writing someone's name is a mere coincidence and that Light isn't guilty of anything. Light shouldn't even give a fuck about anyone finding out he's killing people.
>>
>>68250425

L is smart desu, that's why
>>
>>68250477
In Japan, police buffalo people into confessions, and in court you not only have to prove your innocence, you have to show who did it.
>>
>>68250627
If he's so smart how come he's dead?
>>
>>68250641
That's not true.
>>
>>68250477

Light didn't really care about the trial. He simply wanted to prove that he could outwit L (an autist) and Near (a 10 years old kid) because he's a pretentious retarded faggot.

That's why the writer had Ryuk kill him at the end for no apparent reason, so Light doesn't have to go to a trial (that he would win), and the story can end properly.
>>
>>68250641
>police buffalo people

They're Japanese not Native American.
>>
What are some good japanese shows with lots of panties?
>>
How did they catch Light in the first place? I remember a bunch of chapters of them watching this guy with surveillance cameras and that was probably a good 60% of the manga right there.
>>
>>68250721
All of them
>>
>>68250721
>Anime
>Lots of panties
>Live action japanese show
>NO PANTIES

Fuck Japan
>>
>>68250776
L noticed that most of the deaths were in the Nip area and did that TV call out that only aired in NipLand which b8'd Light to revealing his location.
>>
>>68250700
Japan has a 99% conviction rate.
>>
>>68250477
>>68250700

I was born and raised in Japan, and that is not how the legal system works.
Unless you are from a well respected family and commit a crime, they will do anything to get a conviction.
>>
>>68250425
>thinking a series would be interesting if someone could just murder anyone they wanted with zero consequences
I haven't even seen the show or movies but I can tell you're retarded.
>>
>>68250612
This.
>>
>>68250825
That's great but they do still have beyond a reasonable doubt. While they might strong arm confessions you don't have to prove your innocence the state still has to prove your guilt.
>>
>>68250849
That's the problem famquila. Death Note inherently has a stupid concept.
>>
>>68250721
Dash Kappei is an anime with loads of panties.
>>
>>68250846
>I was born and raised in Japan
That doesn't make you an expert of anything or in any way adds weight to your opinion on the Japanese legal system.
>>
>>68250818

that sounds dumb. i'm glad everything they do after bakuman flops
>>
cringey weeb shit
>>
>>68250648
Too soon ;_;
>>
>>68250897
Yes it does.
>>
>>68251269
No it doesn't just like being born and raised in America doesn't make me a lawyer or add weight to my opinions regarding the US legal system.
>>
>>68251313
But you know better about the law system of your country than some Bulgarian from the other side of the world, don't you agree ?
>>
>>68250477
>every death is literally written there complete with precise cause and exact time of death
>hurr durr how can they prove it's related
>>
>>68250648
You either die a hero or live long enugh to be the villain
>>
>>68250425
Christ, why are Japanese """""men""""" so ugly?
>>
>>68251408
what's it like being attracted to men
>>
>>68251345
Not at all

the only thing that would add weight to your opinion is facts and citations, cite where it is stated in Japanese legal code that defendants must prove their innocence and are considered guilty upon being accused. Until then I'd assume you're full of shit regardless of where your'e born and again the two things are IN NO WAY RELATED, equating being born in japan to understanding their legal system is idiotic. Where you're born and raised does not automatically transfer legal knowledge to you. It's a completely and utterly false equivalence.

Especially considering this is an anonymous imageboard and you could even claim you were yourself a Japanese lawyer, or Judge if you up and felt like it, not that it matters because what your'e claiming you are has nothing to do with what your'e arguing.
>>
>>68251345
lmao the dude you're talking to just got his ass handed to him
>>
>>68251383
That doesn't matter. If you can't actually prove the notebook kills people what in the legal system lets you convict him? Legally it's just a series of coincidences.
>>
>>68251463
I'm not the guy who was born in Japan. I'm just a shitposter dude don't insult me
>>
>>68250425
So is this like a Japanese Eddie Murphy movie where one dude plays all the parts?
Why does he just mess up his hair more on the left pic? i can clearly see it the same guy, dont japs have makeup artists
>>
>>68251345
If I said that in the US you had to prove your innocence in court and the Bulgarian said "no you don't" after reading about it, no, clearly I don't know better.
>>
They can convict him if they prove the death note can kill people.
>>
>>68250425
Better than The Walking Dead
>>
I think it's supposed to show that detectives would eventually consider the absolutely improbable like Sherlock Holmes would.
>>
>>68251576
>Better than The Walking Dead
hahaha nah it's still weeb shit
>>
>>68251571
How do you prove that?

With a gunshot there's physical trauma resulting in death and physics to prove the amount of energy transferred to the body. Wit hthe notebook it's just fucking magic, it happens because reasons. There's no verifiable way to test for it, there's no scientific way to *prove* the notebook kills people or *prove* any of what the Shinigami may confirm.

It's fucking Magic it doesn't have to explain shit.

But you do in a courtroom.
>>
>>68251571
Or they can just have the judge touch the thing and he'll see the giant fucking shinigami in the courtroom.
>>
>>68251645
So fucking what?
>>
Light was a complete fool starting from the beginning when he took the bait and revealed not only that he was in japan, but in a certain area of japan. This and a few other mistakes, and L would've never figured out who he was in a hundred lifetimes. You can suppose this just portrays Light as a typically "cocky" type but it is foolish considering how he's intelligent enough to outsmart and kill many cops and L himself, so the story is flawed.

A more sensible story would've been Light actually achieving his goal and becoming a literal god, as evil is almost completely gone and people fearfully live in his perfect world. I guess that wouldn't have made for a fun thriller though.
>>
>>68251660
Are you stupid ?
>>
>>68251722
....You're the kind of guy that roots for the Empire unironically all the time, aren't you?
>>
>>68251540
>being this retarded
and the worst part is that if you were joking... then it is a shittier joke
>>
>>68251722
He could've chosen the times of their deaths too. I would've had all of the victims die at random as fuck times throughout the next few years of different deaths.
Light wanted a death god persona though and left a pattern because of it.
>>
>>68251728
Are you? You have to prove that the notebook is what kills people in order to do that you have to prove HOW it kills people.

Why do you have to do this?

Because you're opening up a pandora's box of possibilities with this magic bullshit.

Why isn't the Shinigami lying?

If it's all magic what kind of magic is it?

Is the book killing people or is it simply compelling its writer to write the name of people and/or the manner of their death before the events occur?

Is it simply a tool of destiny?

Does this imply some sort of destiny for people?

I mean it's fucking magic right? Who's to say exactly what kind of magic? Who's to say the giant creepy invisible fag isn't utterly full of shit? Is the cunt even a Japanese citizen? Could he even legally testify?

I'm not stupid anon, I just think things out more than you or anyone else should.
>>
>>68251637
I find it amusing that you think that the law is actually followed 100% of the time in all court systems.
>>
>>68251871
>You have to prove that the notebook is what kills people in order to do that you have to prove HOW it kills people.

Seriously, they can't even convict Light because they can't even begin to prove that murders fucking occurred at all. The whole premise is asinine.
>>
>>68251893
No they're not that's why the guy capped his ass. This doesn't change the fact that they still have to prove murderers occured which they can't do.

And you better believe the defence would exploit the hell out of that and exploit the hell out of such a high profile court case.
>>
>>68251910
how can you really explain a sudden massive epidemic of cardiac arrest among criminals? once the numbers get huge you have to start thinking outside of the box. it doesn't prove the book, but people would start considering paranormal activity.
>>
I dont think the cops would have tried to get him to jail or do something with a judge
I always had the feeling that when they found out who the killer was, that they would try to stop him themselves. Or at least one of them would have done something to him... I dont know but the anime always made me feel like if they knew 100% who did it then they would try to frame him somehow
>>
>>68251955
>>68251944
Woah
>>
>>68250612
>Light shouldn't even give a fuck about anyone finding out he's killing people.
You assume everyone would be OK with him killing people just because they cannot factually prove he's the one killing people? Sooner or later someone would kill him anyway.
>>
>>68251955
>how can you really explain a sudden massive epidemic of cardiac arrest among criminals?

You can't but how can you explain "this notebook did it"?

>it doesn't prove the book, but people would start considering paranormal activity.

I'm sure they would but unless you re-write the law for "unexplained murderous notebooks", you're shit out of luck son. Because again, if you can't prove HOW the notebook kills people you can't prove the people were victims of homicide so you can't have a trial for homicide.
>>
>>68251493
>Japanese legal system the same as in the united states

LMAO

Read some articles on how japans criminal justice system is fucked up
>>
>>68251984

Your'e right, just for that he should prolly keep it on the down low. Still makes his reaction upon being found out stupid.
>>
>>68252011
I have it mostly revolves around pressuring people for written confessions which also happens everywhere else. Japanese are just more pushy about it and will be less than honest when telling you what it is your'e signing.
>>
>>68250955
Decent exploration of a concept if you get past the quirky characters and weeb shit
>>
>>68251383
correlation not causation
>>
>>68250709
>and the story can end properly.

Nigger the story ended when he killed L, all that Near bullshit was because the anime was coming out and the publisher forced him to keep going.
>>
>>68252055
>Japanese are just more pushy about it and will be less than honest when telling you what it is your'e signing.

Moral of the story:

If your'e ever arrested in japan don't sign anything
>>
>>68251999
Write the names of some death row inmates.

Wow so hard.
>>
>>68251540
yeah fuck off

you're getting confused with the norbit daikazoku
>>
>>68251637
scientific method still applies to magic

Thats what L was planing to do, prove its function and test the shit out of the rules ala bruteforce.
literally science
>>
>>68252106
see;
>>68251871
>>
>>68250641
solid use of the word buffalo

although I think you're confusing real life with Phoenix Wright
>>
>>68251999
If Light killed like a billion people they'd just make up some bullshit law and get rid of him anyways. Doesn't matter if its "magic" and you can't prove it in law, if it stops people getting killed the government would do it. I mean, look at OJ simpson. The guy fucking murdered 2 people and got off scot free?
>>
>>68252101
>hur it ended here because my fuckboi won and I like tyrants ruling over me through fear
>>
File: j33vesu.jpg (19 KB, 217x320) Image search: [Google]
j33vesu.jpg
19 KB, 217x320
>>68251999
>tfw losing and want to counter argue somehow
>>
>>68252055
>>68252103
Not just false confessions
Ignoring evidence alibis etc

https://gaijinass.com/2010/09/15/death-penalty-survivor-sakae-menda/
>>
>>68252117
>Thats what L was planing to do

Just because he was planning to do it doesn't mean he actually could. If the notebook is indeed just killing people because magic that right there is untestable.

You need to conclusively prove that it's the notebook that kills people, that it isn't a coincidence, that it isn't predicting the future in some round about way, that it isn't influencing the user to write the name and that it is definitely the notebook that is the tool used to commit murder.

Which from what we know right now can't actually be done.
>>
>>68251493
you can prove the notebook kills people

in this universe, magic and reapers are real and examinable
>>
>>68251313
Unless you're a lawyer that's kind of an irrelevant post.
>>
>>68252130
>If Light killed like a billion people they'd just make up some bullshit law and get rid of him anyways.
I'm sure they would but we're talking about what would have happened in the story as of the events of its conclusion. I'm sure he would have been declared a terrorist and the US launched a drone strike on his ass but that's not really the point here.
>>
>>68251313
>born and raised in America
>add weight
lol amerifats
>>
>>68252184
>you can prove the notebook kills people

How?

>>68252195
I am a lawyer anon, what of it?
>>
/tv/ would like it if it had more feet
>>
>>68252242
Doesn't L walk around barefoot and do a bunch of stuff with his feet?
>>
>>68252082
But it will still give him a few years in jail.
>>
>>68252273
female feet

if there's one thing /tv/ cannot be accused of, it's being a bunch of faggots

pedos maybe, but not fags
>>
>>68252174
>>68252241

Touch notebook
See creepy death god
everyone separately agrees what it looks like and where it is
Notebook repeatedly tested, rules are proven more or less even in their shitty wording

Science doesn't confirm why, it confirms how.
specify a death in the book, it happens
Why? No one fucking knows
>>
>>68252298
And both Mello and Near were fags. No wonder /tv/ hates this show.
>>
>>68252216
Well this is easy then. They take the notebook, either destroy it(not sure if it can be destroyed), or lock it away, then release Light as they can't prove he did anything. Then your good. Unless Ryuk or another death god fuccboi gives him another book for the lols, then you're back at square one.
>>
>>68252273
Hes a male toph
>>
>>68252306
>implying L wasn't a top tier fags

Misa's slutty goth antics aren't enough to save this show, maybe if it had a western adaptation and a cute blondie portraying her
>>
>>68252312
I have a hunch that if the book was destroyed Ryuk would've gotten bored and killed Light.
>>
>>68252300
>it confirms how

That's exactly what I've been asking you to do but see:
>>68251871
IT'S FUCKING MAGIC RETARD

the HOW is what's important and it's the exact thing the MAGIC just skips around and doesn't explain and until you have the HOW of "how does the notebook kill people" you don't even have a homicide.
>>
>>68252174
They could easily test it with people on death row.
>>
>>68252300
they would have to use the notebook in the courtroom to kill someone, do you think they would actually do that? would the demonstrator be tried for homicide? I don't know how they could get away with testing it without a huge ethics shitstorm
>>
>>68252241
K. But I'm judge and I outrank you. Nahnah nahnah nah nah.
>>
>>68252356
No they couldn't, read the thread. Simply killing people with the notebook doesn't prove the notebook is killing people because you need to prove how the notebook is killing people which you can't do as far as we know because magic.
>>
>>68252348
We don't know how exactly gravity works but you don't float away you fat fuck.
>>
>>68252348
playing devil's advocate here, couldn't you apply that logic to a lot of scientific phenomena as well? a lot of modern medicine and psychology is a shot in the dark, but could still be observed in forensics or argued for an insanity plea
>>
>>68252348
How do they die?
Heart attack by default or any other specified way
What kills them? intentionally writing in the magic book.
Thats the how, thats how it works. That can be tested a modeled

why does it work?
thats not science

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36GT2zI8lVA
>>
>>68252338
They'd probably have Margot Robbie play her
>>
File: image.png (76 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
image.png
76 KB, 200x200
A thread about a fucking anime causes this much retardation but everyone still thinks that are a "muh deep" patrician.

If you can't understand the plot of Death Note, then you can't understand any movie with psychological or philosophical themes, let alone a movie like Batman vs. Superman.

Stick to Marvel movies and best picture nominees, fags. The critics will explain the plots for you and tell you if they are good movies.
>>
File: 1458364011857.jpg (133 KB, 629x800) Image search: [Google]
1458364011857.jpg
133 KB, 629x800
>>68250530
>>
>>68252427
Here's the difference as far as I can tell:

Since this is magic and doesn't conform to any real rules as far as how it goes about performing its designated task you arrive at the problem of being unable to actually prove the notebook is what's killing people instead of taking some other unknown action we don't understand because magic.
>>
>>68252473
it's all good fun bro
>>
>>68252446
Too mature looking.
>>
>>68252420
We know how gravity works (attraction force based on mass), we know how it can kill people (force too great causes injuries). we don't know why, which isn't necessary to know for a homicide.

With the book,we know it works but we don't know how or why. You need the "how", the part that defines HOW this book is killing people and not just any book.
>>
>>68252493
Electricity and medicine were pretty much magic before we understood them

Magic chineese stamp collection could easily be explained as frontier science.
>>
>>68250425
What you on about made sense to me how L work out where Kira was by basically finding out where the most of the heart attacks happen in the world then finding out the time zones he was able to find that Kira was in Japan and was a highschool student.
>>
>>68252436
>What kills them? intentionally writing in the magic book.

>Thats the how
Thats not the how.

The how would be for example explaining that a gunshot kills by causing severe trauma to tissue in the body by delivering a measurable force determined by the speed and mass of the bullet.

Choking kills because it sever the supply of oxygen to the brain thereby causing damage to the brain cells and eventually causing failure.

All you did is describe a series of events that happened, you at no point explained how it was that writing the name in the notebook kills someone else. You left that up to magic but that very same explanation could lead to various different conclusions.
>>
>>68252555
That's fine, but as for the show and the direct future of the story it doesn't seem like that magic would be explained.
>>
going to move the goalpost super far here, but would it be justified to confiscate the note and/or punish Light to investigate the deaths of that many people?
>>
>>68252576

noun: magic

the power of apparently influencing events by using mysterious or supernatural forces.

Explaining magic kind of takes the magic out of it
>>
>>68252540
>the part that defines HOW this book is killing people and not just any book.
No it fucking doesn't because there re other possibilities when you open up the "magic" explanation. Possibilities every bit as logical and probable as "the book did it". I've already gone over this. You need to explain HOW the book causes cardiac arrest, HOW the book makes people kill themselves in the way you describe not simply demonstrate that people written into the book will die.

If you can't explain the how you have probable cause to not even suspect homicide occurred.
>>
Either they'd just release Light due to lack of evidence or scientists would spend several years trying to prove he did it, before admitting "its magic, we don't know how it works" and then release Light due to lack of evidence.
>>
>>68252594
>punish Light to investigate the deaths

What do you mean?
Like force him to confess by using the note?

I think that would be a solid idea, and would likely happen behind the scenes. Then theyd release him and sentence him to death.
>>
Light only got caught because of his hubris. He wanted everybody to see what he did.
He was also an autist, as seen on the tennis match he had against L.
>>
>>68252656
>>68252560
>>68252348
Ok, going to sleep here, I'm done with this intellectual exercise. Night everyone.
>>
File: insider_137_mark.jpg (40 KB, 400x552) Image search: [Google]
insider_137_mark.jpg
40 KB, 400x552
>>68252298
you clearly don't remember the hot flush of lukeposting that came over us and still vaguely lingers to this day
>>
>>68252034
Wasn't his lifespan shortened or something? And wasn't his reaction sending the death note to someone else to continue the "cleansing"? (seen it long time ago) I guess he wanted to achieve his goal (to become god in a crimeless world) and kill off all bad guys fast.
>>
>>68252699
executing or detaining him, but your idea is much more compelling
>>
>>68252726
wasnt his lifespan it was everyone elses.
Misa and creepy productive punctual guy made the deal with the eyes
>>
>>68252721
anyone posted his feet though?
>>
Light's dad used the Shinigami eye trick and quickly died later. Since that halves your lifespan, does that mean he was going to die in a few days anyway?
>>
>>68252751
They'd have the confession problem solved
>>
>>68252759
that one death god sacrificed itself for Misa though so I think she still got a fuck huge long lifespan out of it despite the eye deal
>>
>>68251602
Yeah and that's what makes it so pathetic for the Walking Dead
>>
>>68252802
yeah, didnt she an hero at the end though?
>>
Should I watch the anime if I read the manga
>>
>>68252905
what have you got to lose?
>>
>>68250518
A shinigami. Fucken watch the show mate.
>>
>>68252905
No. Just watch something good.
Jojo's bizarre adventure is quite entertaining.
>>
>>68252905
No.
>>
>>68253027
Nah I'll watch something good instead, I'm not 10 years old
>>
>>68252905
Yes. It's the best anime.
>>
>/tv/ discusses the legal implications of a fucking Death Note
/tv/: Good for anything but Television And Film.
>>
>>68252705
There's nothing intellectual about the discussion. He's just saying "magic cant prove things" in the court of law so you're free to go around killing people with Death Notes and not get in trouble.
>>
>>68250721
Prison school live action
>>
>it's a you're sitting in a chair like L episode
>>
>>68252701
>that tennis match in manga
that was pretty intense AND autistic, never watched the anime though
>>
were Light and L gay for each other ?
>>
>>68253524
Light is obviously homosexual because at no point did he show sexual interest in either Takada or Misa.
>>
>>68253249
You have no Idea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eabrae0uPO8
>>
>>68250425
>watching news on tv
>hey Kira 1v1 me feget
>Kira kills him
>this local tv news was only trasmitted in this locality,now we know where you are, Kira
Light was fucking retarded since the start of the show and always took the stupidest baits, that's not surpirsing he got caught.
>>
>>68254001
He became smarter as the show went on. At the start he was too smug.
>>
You can choose how the person dies and what time they die....seems pretty provable that the notebook kills. Anyone touching the notebook can also see the Shinigami.
>>
>>68250477
You don't need magic.

At the VERY FUCKING LEAST, the names, and in many cases the exact dates and methods of death will put him on the fast track to Conspiracy charges.

He will go to jail for the same reasons people who hire hitmen go to jail. You don't need a murder weapon, just evidence to suggest motive and means within reasonable doubt.
>>
>>68254063
He was just a young kid though, it would have been easier if he wasn't in the investigation to begin with by some fluke that his father was part of the super sekret team with L.
>>
>>68250920
bakuman didn't also flop? i thought it sucked anyway
Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.