[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we all agree that Grease was a great movie and the kino of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
Can we all agree that Grease was a great movie and the kino of the musical category? Chicago and Moulin Rouge plebs need not apply.
>>
>>68250127
>Can we all agree
Maybe
>Grease was a great movie
Alright
>the kino of the musical category
What? Yeah, it's a movie musical... did you mean to say the best musical? If that's what you mean, then no, it's not
>>
>>68250127

>best musical movie

Do animated movies count/ movies based off musicals?
>>
>>68250282
>then no, it's not
>>
I liked Grease live better to be honest senpai
>>
>>68250318
Best movie musical
>>
>>68250399

Fuck off with that gay French shit

GOAT is Singin' in the Rain.
>>
>>68250446
Pleb film school answer. It has one really great sequence but the rest creaks like most Gene Kelly movies.

Even Busby Berkeley movies from the 30s feel more vibrant and fresh than Gene Kelly's pap.
>>
>>68250127
>Moulin Rouge

It's been 15 years and I'm still so salty about this movie taking Best Costume Design and Best Production Design over Lord of the Rings that it's the first thing I think of whenever the movie is mentioned.
>>
>>68250127
Yeah Grease rules and is pretty hilarious, it would never get made today. Mamma Mia! is also a great musical movie.
>>
>>68250628
it really lost to Moulin Rouge? I mean that was obviously very well made but come on, LOTR was from another world
>>
File: images.jpg (20 KB, 220x340) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
20 KB, 220x340
Pic related is the purest of musical kino
>>
>>68251675
It was the first time I ever gave two fucks about the production awards and the last.
>>
>>68250544

Nah, Gene Kelly was the man. I love Golddiggers of 1933, might be my 2nd or third favorite musical, but Singin in the Rain is perfection in a level few films reach.
>>
>>68250127
>not Little Shop of Horrors
>>
>>68251980
when I hear people pronounce the name of that movie I always hear "shock of horrors" but thats because pronunciation is too difficult for for Southern obese mouth-breathers
>>
The best musical is The Phantom of the Opera. Grease has good songs but the plot is shit.
>>
>>68250127
it was a fantastic movie
>>
>>68253143
Fuck off thomas
>>
>>68250309
>based off
*based on
>>
When discussing musicals, do you include biopics?

I try to not include biopics into discussions about musicals because I find that biopics are a distinctly separate genre.
>>
>ctrl + f "hair"
>phrase not found

you guys...
>>
>>68250127
Vanessa Hudgens live version of 'There are worse thing I could do' is better than the movie version
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.