[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
People talk about films like The Watchmen, Dark Knight, Unbreakable
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: The Maxx.gif (1 MB, 760x315) Image search: [Google]
The Maxx.gif
1 MB, 760x315
People talk about films like The Watchmen, Dark Knight, Unbreakable or Winter Soldier being among the best super hero films, but none of those hold a candle to The Maxx.
>>
>>68249169
The Maxx was a cartoon series, so it'd actually make more sense to talk about it against Batman: TAS, the Spawn series, or even Daredevil.
>>
I don't think it would translate well to live action.
>>
>>68249687
That's what they said about Howard the Duck.
>>
>>68249169
It's too depressing and too off kilter to be adapted to a 2-3 hour movie format.
>>
>>68249702
And look what happened
>>
>tfw he kills your hostage
>>
Wait, wasn't this about some guy who got molested by his aunt?
>>
>>68249169
because Maxx is a product of a bygone era.
it's so different and obscure very few people know about it.

also no one gets that early '90 MTV vibe it sells.
>>
File: aeonflux01.jpg (18 KB, 331x236) Image search: [Google]
aeonflux01.jpg
18 KB, 331x236
>>68249842
sure we do.
>>
>>68249687
So? Why the hell would anyone want to do that? It's like traing to adapt a painting into a photgraph.
>>
File: maxx chase.webm (3 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
maxx chase.webm
3 MB, 640x480
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (34 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
34 KB, 1280x720
>>68249863
gross
>>
So besides Spawn, The Maxx and Aeone FLux are there any other western adult-oriented series that aren't comedy focused.
>>
>>68249908
Chung definitely had a thing for tongues. and flies walking across eyeballs.
>>
>>68249169
>Jungle princess
>white

Another great show that will never be made again due to SJWs.
>>
>>68250049
The work was pretty feminist on its own though, the author identifies as one I think.
>>
>>68250072
sure, but feminism then wasn't rabid tumblr feminism who wants everyone to be transgender.

Jungle Queen was a victim of rape, which is a real issue. if it was made today she would shout at everyone that she has PTSD because of the mean tweets.
>>
>>68249901
>Maxx's surprised face

I don't remember him being so kawaii
>>
>>68249169
the Phantom is the true capekino /tv/ deserves
>>
>>68250152
>>68250072
Is a story about a women trying to cope with rape a feminist issue? Sure. (I'd argue it is an egalitarian issue) However, I don't like the idea of categorizing stories based on ideologies.
>>
>>68249978
Spicy City is an animated television series which was created by Ralph Bakshi for HBO. The series lasted for one season which consisted of six episodes.

The plot was described as a science fiction anthology series set in a futuristic city with a seamy side

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSlrv2bQPhI
>>
>>68250245

The episode with the duck-man disturbed me as a youngin.
>>
>>68250234
that's the great thing about Maxx. you can take it as a feminist story, but you don't have to.

there is also a story about a homeless broken man, who desperately tries to do some good. which applies to many men.

that's why i miss that kind of storytelling. it's about people, not social issues.
>>
>>68250152
>>68250234
>>68250245
I'm just saying that I don't think The Maxx would have a problem airing today based on that aspect of it. I don't really look at it through the lense of a specific thought school since from my experience most ideas can be considered without the framework of a whole ideological package behind them.

But anyways, the problem with airing it today would be more because of how unaccessible it is as an art piece. I mean, I don't really get how MTV released that kind of stuff in the first place. Did they just have a lot of money and thought they might invest it in some avant garde cartoons?

>>68250175
The Maxx had quite a bit of humor. Even though it was never a focus.
>>
>>68250348
I feel the same way, I usually like more personal stories in general. Though I think Lain and Ghost in the Shell are good examples of animated stories tackling social issues without relating them to a specific ideology.
>>
>>68250245
saved. thx.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.